Bluelight

Thread: Embattled EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns

1. Collapse Details
    Embattled EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns 
    Sober Living
    Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt, who has faced mounting public outcry over multiple ethics scandals, has resigned from his position, President Donald Trump announced Thursday.
    In a pair of tweets, Trump said that Pruitt had offered his resignation and that the president had accepted.

?I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this,? Trump tweeted.
    "The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will?....on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA," the president added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...p-says-n862911

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    good riddance. his appointment was the exact opposite of the swamp-draining trump promised during his campaign.

alasdair

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    YES!

Hopefully Trump will look for a Sessions replacement next.

4. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    Here's the text of the letter. Seems self serving to me:

Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.
    That is why it is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.
    My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    his playing the victim is pathetic.

his behavior was an insult to the office and the country and it's ridiculous that he was allowed to continue in his job based on his behavior.

alasdair

6. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    At first you feel a little better, and then you remember Trump has a talent for replacing what you imagine to be the most unqualified person possible for the job with someone worse.

A unique perk for the next EPA Administrator will be the $43,000 soundproof phone booth. There is that...

The (conservative) Washington Examiner: A quick catalog of all the worst Scott Pruitt scandals

7. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Hell yeah! The last thing we needed was that guy as the head of the EPA. His entire career has been more or less against environmental protection.

But yeah Trump's appointments have been pretty consistently abysmal. Seems hard to argue that.

8. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Now we just need to lock him up for the blatant law violations.

9. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    ^ CH, my first thought was "which one?"