• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Long time listener, first time caller

Speigel420

Greenlighter
What's up guys. been seeking advice from this community for a long time, in active addiction since the age of 14, so lots of screen hours logged. Heroin was my first love, but glad to say I am now 26 months sober, entering my third decade of life. I dont know how many have had success with methadone but it sure worked for me. I have had very strong urged for psychedelics lately though, but I do smoke week every day still.
Probably went on too long already, but just wanted to say hi!

^Hey mate, welcome to Bluelight. 26 months??!! That's fucking awesome man, you should be proud. :)

Check out the Psychedelic Drugs forum, there are a number of threads regarding addiction/recovery and psychedelics there that may be of interest.

Thank you, I am proud; that drug took way too much from me..recreation becomes habit and I am glad I'm not dependent on anything.
Thanks I'll check it out

Hello Xfactor and thanks for the advice, I was checking out sober living threads last night.
I guess I'm what some call a trash can; I've had intimate experiences with most drugs, and since I started early I've gone through almost every phase, from raver to meth head but my love for opiates had me focused on little else passed my 22nd birthday.

Hmm, join the club. Its really not uncommon to explore the chemical world with passion and enthusiasm before getting side tracked (for good in some cases) by opiates. :\

I was in the raver-soon-to-be-hippie phase, sampling heaps of different chemicals but focusing on psychedelics and dissociatives. I guess I got sort of arrogant and thought I could try anything once, but that was a really disastrous attitude to take into opiates and other addictive drugs too. It was probably about 12-5 years ago that I started using codeine, and then onto morphine/heroin- in that time, I've had long clean periods but had fallen back into the habit again up until about 3 months back. I don't know if opiate addiction ever really leaves tbh which is a sad thought :( But I do believe one can recover from the physical dependancy and move on, but will easily fall back into the pit if you lose focus.

You should share your story in Sober Living, Speigel420, it might help you stay focused and also inspire other folks here that are struggling :) A positive can come from a tough experience.

Its true, once opiate addiction grabs hold its seems to linger around in surprising ways. Recovery is not impossible, just hard and effort is required every day it seems..I've been dreaming of heroin more lately and am only about 2 months off Methadone therapy..planning on a recovery tattoo to ease my mind for a while and give me something to save for.
I'm also trying to find ways to volunteer. Maybe it's guilt, maybe just wanting to share my story a little. Its helping me get in a better mind, and I hope you find things to keep you occupied
I will share my whole story in a new thread soon..still hard for me to not romanticize the life when I start thinking about it.

Thank you! Gotten so much info over the years from here and feel I'm quite ready to contribute haha