Tren and Thinning Hair

ElkHorn

Bluelighter
So it seems the tren might be making my hair fall out. I'm still running HGH, although not as high of doses as i was (only 2-3iu/day now).

Is this likely dose dependent (just bumped tren up to 60mg/day)? I just started noticing hairs coming out when running my hands through my hair within the last 4 days or so. It makes me inclined to stop it if it continues or especially if it gets worse.

Would raising my HGH dose counteract this? How effective would dutasteride be in reversing this?

Luckily, my hair is quite a bit thicker than it's been in a while as a result of running HGH for 5 months prior to this cycle, and i didn't notice any hair loss with my testosterone/boldenone cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Duta won't do shit. Duta only blocks 5a reductase which concerts drugs to their dihydro versions (test to dht, etc). Lower tren and assess. More gh won't do shit either. Hairless: either avoid the drugs/lower doses or just shave your head. That's pretty much your options

I might just drop the tren then. Will stop and keep Test the same.

I'm thinking about totally dropping it to see how i feel and if hair loss drops off, and if it does, i will start the tren again at 30mg/day. I honestly felt pretty great on 30/day.

Will keep sustanon at 700/week.

Last edited:
Sounds like a solid approach: clear out the possible offending compound and find the threshold dose. Keep us posted!

I will!

Tren has had good results so far. I'm a bit leaner and i weigh 220 from 215.

Deadlift has gone from ~515 to 550lbs. Bench went from 315 x 4 to 315x6, and my squat is still at 500. Squat has been kind of stuck. My knees haven't been great lately and i think i may have subconsciously shifted my stance. This is in around 6 weeks. All lifts are done with no equipment, except knee sleeves on squat. i think i may have pulled the 550 with straps actually, as i was doing some volume with 500 just prior.

fkbT42a.jpg

I'm on day 4 of no tren, and the hair loss has potentially slowed down but is definitely still happening.

How long should i give it before i start dropping my test? I was thinking to wait and see how much it has abated by day 7, and if it's not to my liking, just cutting cycle short and dropping test down to ~150/week and continuing HGH.

Could take a little for the circulating androgens to drop. I'd say a week or so is appropriate as you were using tren ace. Could also just drop test to 500 if it doesn't subside as well and roll with that for a week or so if it doesn't let up already.

Honestly that stuff can take some time to fully see where things fall ime. Not like a couple weeks of thinning is gonna do anything permanent so personally I'd give it 2-3 weeks after the tren and re-evaluate

Eh? What am I missing/need to see?

The conversion of testosterone via 5-alpha reductase takes place predominantly in prostate and scalp, hair follicle growth [in scalp] is affected by metabolites of this conversion process.. Leading to MPB in some people...

The conversion of testosterone via 5-alpha reductase takes place predominantly in prostate and scalp, hair follicle growth [in scalp] is affected by metabolites of this conversion process.. Leading to MPB in some people...

Ah gotcha. Would you say persistent itchy dry scalp without shedding is a sign of dht affecting things? My head has been itchy like crazy lately.

So would this mean that dutasteride could be beneficial for stopping hair loss and promoting new hair growth?

Ah gotcha. Would you say persistent itchy dry scalp without shedding is a sign of dht affecting things? My head has been itchy like crazy lately.

How often do you shampoo? If everyday, try cutting back to 1-2x/wk. It might just be that.

so just to clarify, this is suggesting that dutasteride is worth checking in to, correct?

I apologize if it seems obvious, but that is my basic understanding from what has been said, and i'd like to just verify whether or not I'm understanding.

Thanks.

so just to clarify, this is suggesting that dutasteride is worth checking in to, correct?

I apologize if it seems obvious, but that is my basic understanding from what has been said, and i'd like to just verify whether or not I'm understanding.

Thanks.

As previously stated dutasteride is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, it is believed one of the mechanisms behind MPB is conversion of testosterone to DHT in scalp that causes deleterious changes to hair follicles, via the enzyme 5-alpha reductase...
By inhibiting the enzyme, conversion to DHT is blocked, reducing or halting MPB...

I've never dealt with this issue so I haven't researched it that much accordingly. If the hair loss is caused by tren then something like fina wouldn't help, correct?