• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why isn't Kratom working for me?

gmaildotjuno

Greenlighter
I have been taking Kratom for a year or so now. I have taken a lot of different strains and dosages. Nothing seems to affect me much. For a while I wasn't even sure if the subtle feeling I got was just my imagination. I've tried taking more of it. I've tried taking less of it. I've tried so many different dosages that I'm certain the problem is not that I'm not getting the right dosage.

Well how much are you taking, what's your opiate tolerance like, what opiates have you taken in the past, and how frequently?

I take roughly 10 to 12 grams of Kratom at a time. The effect is subtle, and sometimes not noticeable. I've tried dosages ranging from around 2 grams up to around 30 grams. Even at 20 to 30 grams I could barely notice anything other than feeling nauseated. And I didn't take anything higher than 30 grams since that's pretty much a guaranteed stomach upset. As for opioids, for a few months I took small amounts of dope. Around 5 to 10 days out of each month, and about one bag to a max of about 5 bags per day, and never more than 2 bags at a time. Though there were only a few days that I had taken 5 bags. The other days it was fewer than 5. So, I think that's the equivalent of 100mg to 500mg per day on the days I've done it. I've taken oxy's too, but only about 7mg to 15mg at a time (a half or one whole 15mg tablet), and only about once every couple months, for a few years. In the past couple years though I haven't taken anything as far as opioids.

Last edited:
If you aren't getting good effects off of that high of a dose of kratom then you're never going to be able to get high.

I'm in the same boat as you but my high tolerance is due to me building it higher and higher over the past few years. You might just have a naturally high tolerance of possibly a resistance to the alkaloids in kratom.

its because youve been using it a while. Kratom is not really a a drug that fucks u up...its sort of subtle...but especially as tolerance builds and u began using it daily. Kratom ideally should be used every 3 days to maintain that nice vicodin like feeling. Ive been using it ddaily for a year or so and barely notice anything other than a little more energy. sorta sucks cuz now im physically addicted lol

Thankfully kratom works well for me. I will say I can?t tell the difference between 5g and 10. Dnno what the threshold is for it?

I have been taking Kratom for a year or so now. I have taken a lot of different strains and dosages. Nothing seems to affect me much. For a while I wasn't even sure if the subtle feeling I got was just my imagination. I've tried taking more of it. I've tried taking less of it. I've tried so many different dosages that I'm certain the problem is not that I'm not getting the right dosage.
Sorry this is not harm reduction this is about not getting high and therefore must be closed, mods if you will please

^ Patrick mate I know youve had a run in with some staff, you're just going to give them the shits being a smart arse about it, kratom isnt legal here so I dunno about it but doesnt sound like its meant to put you on your arse and tolerance builds so its probably tolerance/dosage/wrong strain.