Bluelight

Thread: Thailand Cave Rescue and aftermath

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    It's sad that despite all the effort and genius Elon Musk has brought to humanity he will be remembered for this angry moment and poor reaction. It's the hard part of being wealthy, things poor people can do all day long, like call you a cunt, you can never stoop too or your a piece of shit.

We expect such perfect public polished images from leaders yet when I look at Americas leader I see Donald. In truth people are not polished and some of the greatest men of history were horrible as humans. Over the last 100 years we invented better recording of history. The result is we are far harder on our leadership's personal lives, don't be a politician or public figure unless you are as calm as Budda and loving as Jesus. Sanitized back stories are more common then people who admit they are human and have done truly shitty things. Even more important is they will still do shitty things in their future, sometimes I think we expect all leadership to be godlike and perfect and as a result the best leaders never step up to the plate because they see they are not.

I don't know Elon Musk and have rarely defended a wealthy person, but I don't believe wealth makes you more accountable, I often just look at what people are doing with their wealth and most important to me is why did they accumulate it to begin with. We all play this monopoly game in our lives and it seems when some are winning others just hate them more and expect them to be better humans when the truth is to win at this game financially others must lose and the very act of being wealthy causes poverty elsewhere. Honestly I feel sorry for wealthy people, they spend half their lives defending their right to have what they do.

2. Collapse Details

I think his genius is wildly overstated (because of his wealth, perhaps?)

He strikes me as an egotist, more than a visionary. Much of what he does seems to be "greenwashing" - selling an idea or a product as "sustainable"....then burning up obscene amounts of rocket fuel for his vanity project.
    Granted, i'm cynical as fuck, but a friend of mine worked for tesla for a year or so, and quit in disgust last week.
    I don't think musk is really worthy of carrying the tesla name - to me he seems more like an aggressive capitalist more than a visionary.
    Undortunately in our culture, success is often judged by wealth - rather than anything that affects true positive change in the world.

Admittedly though, i do just hate rich assholes
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

3. Collapse Details

It's a sad fact of life that being an 'asshole' is a prerequisite for being rich. No-one gets rich (from business) without being an asshole. Some people such as musicians or sportspersons can get very rich before they have chance to become assholes, but it never takes them long to catch up...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R. View Post
    It's a sad fact of life that being an 'asshole' is a prerequisite for being rich. No-one gets rich (from business) without being an asshole. Some people such as musicians or sportspersons can get very rich before they have chance to become assholes, but it never takes them long to catch up...
    I disagree. I mean, I certainly agree that being an asshole helps with getting rich. And there's probably a disproportionate number of assholes among the wealthy. But there are non asshole rich people too.

Just like there are a lot of assholes in total poverty. Humans are pretty diverse.

5. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Agreed. There are lots of shitty people in any socioeconomic strata. Perhaps a higher per capita in the wealthy, but I have known plenty of wealthy people who are great people, too. Sometimes you either are given opportunity or you make opportunity for yourself, pursue higher education with the goal of getting a high-paying job to have a more comfortable life for yourself and your family, and you get that, make a hefty salary, do your thing, and have wealth, too.

6. Collapse Details

Does anyone else think musk does mad drugs....I really get that vibe from him. Not like he's a blatant drugee, but that's he's one of those functional professional s that's secretly a big drug user

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LucidSDreamr View Post
    Does anyone else think musk does mad drugs....I really get that vibe from him. Not like he's a blatant drugee, but that's he's one of those functional professional s that's secretly a big drug user
    It wouldn't surprise me. My bet would be stimulants like coke. Amphetamines maybe.

8. Collapse Details

. His girl definitely looks like a stim gal so you never kn
    ow
    ]ow. She's actually one of the things that lead me to think this about elon.

He looks like he partied really hard the night before sometimes too

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JessFR View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. My bet would be stimulants like coke. Amphetamines maybe.
    Rich guy with massive ego? Businessman wanting to be an edgy celebrity "rock star" type figure? Cocaine, surely...
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

10. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    It's easy to hate Musk, but what he's doing with SpaceX is pretty visionary, especially living so close to Kennedy Space Center. SpaceX is filling NASA's void.

11. Collapse Details

∆ I like him. At least someone is stepping up to forwarding space travel. And if he's on drugs good for him! The government is to busy giving NASA money to special interests.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JessFR View Post
    I disagree. I mean, I certainly agree that being an asshole helps with getting rich. And there's probably a disproportionate number of assholes among the wealthy. But there are non asshole rich people too.

Just like there are a lot of assholes in total poverty. Humans are pretty diverse.
    Of course, the majority of people are 'assholes' (though I prefer the term 'cunts'). However, rich people tend to take cuntery to a new level...

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Yourbaker View Post
    It's sad that despite all the effort and genius Elon Musk has brought to humanity he will be remembered for this angry moment and poor reaction. It's the hard part of being wealthy, things poor people can do all day long, like call you a cunt, you can never stoop too or your a piece of shit.
    My heart bleeds for him.

He didn't call anyone a cunt. He called the bloke who saved the cave boys a 'pedo' and 'sus' for living in Thailand. Because he was outdone by said bloke, and said bloke told him to stick his sub up his ass.

Guess what. Nobody (except egotist Musk) minded cave diving man saying 'stick your sub up your ass'. And cave diving man was well off enough too. But what cave diving man didn't say was "You, Elon Musk, are a pedo".

Geddit? Do you see the difference?

But Musk, like any other rich cunt, sticks rich cunt's drugs up his nose. Which makes him alright with some people on this board.

And that's probably a problem with BL.

I reckon.

14. Collapse Details

Is Ketamine a "rich cunt's drug?"

Asking for a friend.

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    I have really no opinion on Musk as a person, but I inherently distrust these sort of rich dudes and I'm really no impressed by this publicity stunt

That said, I really do like SpaceX and think it is a good first step towards privatising space travel. Of course, there is profit to make.

I'll merge this with the other thread now.

Why It Was Always Dumb To Worship Musk
    Last edited by swilow; Yesterday at 05:49. Reason: cracked it

16. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    A thorough account of what the rescuers did:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...T.nav=top-news

17. Collapse Details

18. Collapse Details

I find it very hard defending freedom of speech when shite like this is allowed to reproduce over the internet.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StoneHappyMonday View Post
    I find it very hard defending freedom of speech when shite like this is allowed to reproduce over the internet.
    What do you expect from some cunt that calls himself 'GaryGlisten'? I feel an Elon Musk moment coming on..

20. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Electronic Music Discussion
    MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs
    The great thing about the internet for paranoid people is that they meet people who actually agree with their bizarre ideas.

21. Collapse Details

I presume you also believe the Earth is flat and the Holocaust didn't happen?

22. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=F.U.B.A.R.;14375134]What do you expect from some cunt that that means I'm responsible for it? Attack the messenger rather than the message. I linked to it because it raises some valid points, not that I neccessarily agree one way or the other
    I should have realised that the knee jerkers would start wetting their panties over it. Pathetic.

23. Collapse Details

It doesn't raise valid points. It raises toxic filth that you should be ashamed to be the messenger of...
    Last edited by F.U.B.A.R.; Yesterday at 21:49.

24. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Electronic Music Discussion
    MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs
    I honestly can't tell if it's an article or a collection of random quotes from comment sections. Why does each paragraph begin with a quotation mark?

Mr. Glisten, I'm not interested in shooting the messenger, but I am interested in what you consider to be the more valid points raised in that article/thing (I honestly can't tell what it is).

25. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    The article (if you can call it that) makes a lot of unfounded assumptions. Cave systems usually have multiple entrances. Just because they didn't find one doesn't mean one doesn't exist, which is possibly what kept the kids from suffocating. A prime example of internet trolling at it's worst.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234