• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Brutally detoxing again

Ah shit dude, I have been so out of it on BL recently I somehow missed this thread :(

How's it going this weekend?

Thanks for voting :) <3

Hey TPD, thank you for stopping by. This weekend has been good. Petunia (my dachshund) and I just had a lovely stroll around the farmers' market. And I don't mind when attractive young women stop to stroke my wiener =D and I'm going to see the B52s tonight at House of Blues. They're one of my favorite bands of all time. I saw them in Dec. 2016 and for a bunch of now geezers, they sound fantastic and Fred Schneider is as athletic as he ever was. When I was still a musician for the Sarasota Opera, the percussionist contracted a full orchestra to play a mob wedding at the Ringling Museum of Art. It was something else. We basically played a full, formal orchestra concert where we had to play in tails and white bowtie. When the gig was done, the contractor came around with this big roll of 100s and peeled off four of them for each of us. All cash and completely under the table. Anyway, getting back to Fred Schneider, he was one of the guests and he "conducted" us in an arrangement of Love Shack. He's way, way cool, someone I wouldn't mind hanging out with.

Ash, you're reference to changing hair color kinda reminded me of my symphony orchestra musician days when I worked with a bunch of crazy Russians. The women almost all had their hair dyed some unnatural shade of red, kinda like "Red" Reznikov on Orange is the New Black.:D

I would love to see the b52s . They were way ahead of there time in the late 80s. I remember their videos when MTV actually played videos . I was young enough that I didn't understand what "tin roof rusty" meant. They are so timeless . We are a dachshund family too. We've had 4 over the last 20 years. 2 short haired and 2 long haired ones. They really make life more enjoyable even though they they can be stubborn at times. The Short haired love being under blankets and the long haired hate being under covers .

The B52s put on a good show, although perhaps the universe or God or whoever is trying to tell me not to go to B52s concerts because the last two times I have gone, some ugly shit has gone down. In Dec. 2016, the most recent psycho and I split at a B52s concert. I got a text and it was from the ex wife saying something like "enjoy the concert," and psycho had a fucking cow and called a friend to come pick her up and that was the last time I heard or spoke to her. Yesterday got off to a shitty start when a thunderstorm came up out of nowhere. The line wasn't covered and the assholes wouldn't let us into the venue, so you had a bunch of wet, pissed off people. Then some drunk cunt of a woman called me an asshole and shoved me when I told her I couldn't move (it was so crowded I really couldn't). The place was so packed I find it hard to believe it was legal. The place was a fucking firetrap. But, Kate Pierson is still a babe. I had a major thing for her when I was young, with those pale blue eyes and red hair, but then I grew up and found out she's a lesbian. I'm sorry I never got around to going to her hotel in the Catskills when I used to spend the summers up north. She bought a rundown roadside motel probably from the 50s, when the Catskills were still in its heyday as a summer retreat for New Yorkers, rehabbed it and furnished it with dated, funky, kitschy decor.

9qgw9g.jpg

2n7r435.jpg

Anyway, I got a call from my college friend in Chicago that she's decided not to be my date for our other friend's wedding. She's getting certified in Thai massage and rolfing, and that weekend is one of her class weekends and she doesn't want to skip it because they only meet every other week. I made light of it since they say that weddings are always a good place to meet single women, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed. I may make it a roadtrip since I have business to attend to in Atlanta and Nashville. The wedding is in his hometown of Quincy, Illinois, about two hours north of St. Louis.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. Going to try to get to Refuge Recovery tonight. I could use some quiet meditation after yesterday.

Last edited:
If you road trip come through Birmingham. We can get lunch or something

If you road trip come through Birmingham. We can get lunch or something
I'll keep it in mind CJ if you're still around at the beginning of November. Atlanta to Nashville by way of Birmingham is out of the way, but maybe on the way back. That would also give me an excuse to stop in Tallahassee and walk around my old FSU stomping grounds.

Well that just sucks that she bailed, though I understand. I think you should go and make a road trip out of it for sure, and keep an open mind, you never know what you may experience on your own. Plus it's an eye opener sometime's when you're the sober one and some of them get sloppy loaded. ; ) Speaking from experience, I went to a wedding last month and I was like oh boy!! ; )

Have a great day aihfl!!

The B52s put on a good show, although perhaps the universe or God or whoever is trying to tell me not to go to B52s concerts because the last two times I have gone, some ugly shit has gone down. In Dec. 2016, the most recent psycho and I split at a B52s concert. I got a text and it was from the ex wife saying something like "enjoy the concert," and psycho had a fucking cow and called a friend to come pick her up and that was the last time I heard or spoke to her. Yesterday got off to a shitty start when a thunderstorm came up out of nowhere. The line wasn't covered and the assholes wouldn't let us into the venue, so you had a bunch of wet, pissed off people. Then some drunk cunt of a woman called me an asshole and shoved me when I told her I couldn't move (it was so crowded I really couldn't). The place was so packed I find it hard to believe it was legal. The place was a fucking firetrap. But, Kate Pierson is still a babe. I had a major thing for her when I was young, with those pale blue eyes and red hair, but then I grew up and found out she's a lesbian. I'm sorry I never got around to going to her hotel in the Catskills when I used to spend the summers up north. She bought a rundown roadside motel probably from the 50s, when the Catskills were still in its heyday as a summer retreat for New Yorkers, rehabbed it and furnished it with dated, funky, kitschy decor.

9qgw9g.jpg

2n7r435.jpg

Anyway, I got a call from my college friend in Chicago that she's decided not to be my date for our other friend's wedding. She's getting certified in Thai massage and rolfing, and that weekend is one of her class weekends and she doesn't want to skip it because they only meet every other week. I made light of it since they say that weddings are always a good place to meet single women, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed. I may make it a roadtrip since I have business to attend to in Atlanta and Nashville. The wedding is in his hometown of Quincy, Illinois, about two hours north of St. Louis.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. Going to try to get to Refuge Recovery tonight. I could use some quiet meditation after yesterday.

The concert looked like a blast . They still look pretty good . Fred Schneider looks great for his age still. I may check their concert schedule for Nashville. We live a couple hrs away so if they are there on a weekend I may surprise my wife with a weekend out . We both love the b52s .

Do it hik!!, I'm sure your wife would really love and appreciate that, I hope you're having a great day!!

Ash.

The concert looked like a blast . They still look pretty good . Fred Schneider looks great for his age still. I may check their concert schedule for Nashville. We live a couple hrs away so if they are there on a weekend I may surprise my wife with a weekend out . We both love the b52s .

Good morning aihfl!!!

I hope you're doing well today, how have you been sleeping? Just thinking about you and thought I'd stop by to pester you a little ; )

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.

Hi Ash. I have been getting amazing sleep. Ambien is a wonder drug. I'm out fast (faster than even with a benzo) and I stay out. And I haven't experienced any of the weird shit like waking up behind the wheel in a fast food parking lot. I have a sensitivity to noise when trying to go to sleep/am asleep and even all the drunk yahoos yelling and screaming outside bars in downtown Orlando (where my friend lives) at 1am didn't cause me to stir. Living downtown would be cool in some respects, but I LOVE the quiet of my own neighborhood.

The more I thought about driving to my friend's wedding in Illinois, the less likely I am to do it. It's 1100 miles and 16 hours of driving. I can fly to Nashville and borrow my mother's car overnight to drive to the wedding. That way I can take care of my business in Nashville and not worry about renting a car. Atlanta will have to wait. I checked airfares and Frontier had a $127 rt fare, but I can't believe that they fucking charge $30 for a carry on bag!!! That would make it $157, or $3 more than Delta, so screw it, I'll fly Delta and get SkyMiles.

Thank you for stopping by. You could never pester me. =D

Oh I'm glad you're sleeping well aihfl.

I hear you about flying instead of driving, I didn't realize what a long drive that is for you. Take the flight, it's reasonable too, you'd probably spend a lot on gas too if you were driving.

The 30 dollar charge is so stupid!! Never heard of that before, but then I don't get out much. ; )

I hope you're having a good day my friend,
Ash.

Hi Ash. I have been getting amazing sleep. Ambien is a wonder drug. I'm out fast (faster than even with a benzo) and I stay out. And I haven't experienced any of the weird shit like waking up behind the wheel in a fast food parking lot. I have a sensitivity to noise when trying to go to sleep/am asleep and even all the drunk yahoos yelling and screaming outside bars in downtown Orlando (where my friend lives) at 1am didn't cause me to stir. Living downtown would be cool in some respects, but I LOVE the quiet of my own neighborhood.

The more I thought about driving to my friend's wedding in Illinois, the less likely I am to do it. It's 1100 miles and 16 hours of driving. I can fly to Nashville and borrow my mother's car overnight to drive to the wedding. That way I can take care of my business in Nashville and not worry about renting a car. Atlanta will have to wait. I checked airfares and Frontier had a $127 rt fare, but I can't believe that they fucking charge $30 for a carry on bag!!! That would make it $157, or $3 more than Delta, so screw it, I'll fly Delta and get SkyMiles.

Thank you for stopping by. You could never pester me. =D

Hi aihfl,

Thinking about you, how's your weekend going? Well I hope.

Hugs,
Ash.

Hi Ash, thank you for stopping by. It's been a slow weekend. I worked yesterday and today I'm just lounging around the house and doing chores. Because of all the rain we've had recently there are fire ants all over my patio and some somehow got inside. They are nasty little things that are surprisingly hard to kill and their stings burn, then itch like a mofo so I've been moving furniture and vacuuming so they don't get a toehold inside. The exterminator is going to come out on Wednesday if they're still a problem then.

Hey, I have a question that would benefit from a female perspective about a wedding gift for my friend and his soon to be wife. I was looking at their registry on amazon.com and I was going to get them a stainless steel ice bucket for $65US but I'm not sure if I left it at that if I would look like a cheap ass since he also invited me to the rehearsal dinner in addition to the ceremony and reception. I haven't been to a wedding in over 10 years, and I was married then and my ex dealt with all that shit.

Anyway, I'm not in the greatest headspace right now. I've really let some people in recovery circles get under my skin the past few days and I'm questioning whether being a part of the 12 step community is a healthy thing for me but then again, I'm not really a people person. One of my favorite t shirts reads "People...Not a big fan." I just want to be a normal person who tries to do the right thing without being labeled over what I've done in the past.

Last edited:
Hello my dear friend.

The gift sounds just fine a, anything between 50 and 100 dollars is good etiquette. That's a lovely gift.

I'm sorry you aren't doing well mood wise, I'll answer you on here but you can also pm me.

You sound a lot like me, not a people person in real life. I'm better on here. I find this forum is a great non judgmental place to get things out.

Try to just work the steps to get the benefits out of it, but try not to make it too personal if that makes any sense. If you want or need to get better support leave that up to us.

This actually makes me very sad.

" I just want to be a normal person who tries to do the right thing without being labeled over what I've done in the past."

You are a normal person, NOTHING you've done in the past can't be worked through. No one should be labeling you, what you've done in the past is just that, the past. You are a really great person with so much going for you, and I see great things in your future.

Love and support,
here for you anytime,
Ash.

Hey aihfl , I know how to kill those fireants . Go to a tractor supply or agriculture co-op style store and ask for dairy barn fly killer. Its a strong pyrethrin fogger in a big aerosol can. It's not harmful for mammals because it's made from chrysanthemums plants. It's the same active ingredient that wasp killer has in it ,but in fog form . Ant= wasp ( same family)

Hi Ash, I'm doing better today, probably because I'm working today and don't have time to ruminate on negative thoughts. Also, I've been taking my Adderall and that probably helps - I don't take it on days when I'm not working and don't need it. I'm looking forward to Refuge Recovery tonight. Totally different vibe from AA. It's a really cool crowd and a lot of people have tattoos, piercings and hair every imaginable shade of the rainbow.

I got a call from a dachshund rescue about a dog I filled out an application for, since my cantankerous shitheaded ex-wife has my dog again. There's always another dog in need of a home and the one I inquired about is also older (I prefer senior dogs - low maintenance) and sounds like an ideal fit. We'll see what the rescue says.

Thank you for the advice about the wedding gift. I got them the ice bucket and said "Cheers to all the great entertaining the two of you will do together" on the card.

Hik, a question about the fogger - is it going to make my house like a French forest during WW1 where chemical weapons were being used? And does it leave a residue on surfaces? They are only in a few isolated places and it might be overkill to gas my entire house. At any rate, the exterminator can come Wednesday so I only have to deal with the little bastards for two more days.

Just looking forward to sitting quietly and meditating later today.

Glad you're feeling better today aihfl.

Your RR sounds really cool and I hope you have a great time tonight!!

Wow that sucks so badly that your ex got your dog, but I hope you get this other little guy, he'll be lucky to have you!!

Glad you got your friends that nice gift and even lovelier card, you do have a way with words!!

Hugs and I hope you have a great day!!
your friend,
Ash.

Glad you got your friends that nice gift and even lovelier card, you do have a way with words!!
Somehow, it sounded better than, "You don't have to go through with this, you know."