• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Brutally detoxing again

Hi aihfl,

Thinking of you and hope you're doing well. Did you get your script refilled?

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey Ash, yes I got my Ativan refilled and I was dozing on my couch and my fucking ex calls and wakes me up. No worries though. I also got my doxepin refilled to put me back out so I don't have to keep depending on benzos for some zzzz's. Thanks for checking on me.

10 - thanks for the post - it's always great to hear from you. AH

Thanks CJ. I had the day off yesterday and ended up drinking most of the day so it was a nice surprise when Publix filled my scripts a day earlier than they said they would. So I got my meds and this particular Publix also has a Mexican hot food bar on Thursdays so I loaded up for a nice meal as well. Between the 3mg Ativan I ended up taking and the 75mg doxepin, I slept soundly and woke up this morning stone cold sober which is a good thing. I feel a little shaky but it feels like it's more because I haven't eaten breakfast than withdrawal. By the way doxepin is a fantastic sleep med. It doesn't put you out quickly, but once you are out, you're staying out.

Fuck those calls when you're dead asleep are the worst! I've had a kidney infection the last 2 days and so I haven't slept well, this morning at 7 am I get a fucking robocall waking me up!!! Grrrrr!!!! I don't know what's worse? Exes or robocalls!!??? Lol!!!!

On a more serious note, I'm glad you're doing well and got proper sleep medication, that must be a big load off for you!! Keep up your awesome quit and your great attitude.

Here if you need anything,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey Ash, yes I got my Ativan refilled and I was dozing on my couch and my fucking ex calls and wakes me up. No worries though. I also got my doxepin refilled to put me back out so I don't have to keep depending on benzos for some zzzz's. Thanks for checking on me.

10 - thanks for the post - it's always great to hear from you. AH

Hey AH-

Glad to hear you're doing better. This shit gets old quick. Jesus.

I'm going to a meeting tonight. Don't want to. At all. But I need to do something differently. Things just aren't going well.

We're thinking of coming to Florida for the month. To both visit my husband's mom and get away from here.

I think it will really do us both good. Ok off to get ready for my meeting. ❤️

Glad you got your meds and are doing better Aihfl... This sobriety thing is so tricky on so many levels.

Hi 10... I've actually grown to enjoy some meetings. Though I think the 90 in 90 they recommend to be Overkill. It grows old and mundane if I over do it. Just like drugs. I eventually lose my zest and resolve when I overdose on the program. It happens every time I let it become my entire life. Trying o work on balance this time. Problem is I just don't know what to do sober. I'm so dysfunctional... I need a life coach more than a sponsor...lol... Glad your around 10. Keep us updated.

Hey Guys, I was having a good evening today. I went to the "Summer Block Paw-ty" dog event at the Mennello Museum of American Art (my dog is a member) and when I was leaving I saw someone had bashed in my back bumper. I have a friend who used to repair dinged up cars for Enterprise Car Rental and I'm going to call him and see if he can just push it out before I deal with the swinging dicks at AllState. I don't care if it's cosmetically perfect, it's a five year old car. I don't care if it doesn't look perfect. Oy, shit just doesn't stop. But otherwise the best thing about these dog events at the Mennello is that my city commissioner always shows up and it's always nice to make small talk and rub elbows with her. Being openly lesbian, she was a real inspiration post-Pulse massacre.

Last edited:
Damn man. When it rains.... Don't let a fucked up bumper bring you down buddy! Your doing good.

So I'm working from home today and a woman I knew from AA when I lived across town has been calling and texting me nonstop. She's wasted. I haven't spoken to, or seen her in years so all this is coming completely out of the blue. I am really loath to get involved with trying to help a woman. Last time I did, I was nearly arrested for rape (the woman in question was covered in dog excrement and she asked me to help her bathe which I did). I texted someone from our old homegroup asking him to text any women he might know that can get in touch with her and help. That seemed like the most prudent thing to do.

Yeah stay away from her! You know she is bad news

How are you feeling?

This isn't the psycho that tried to have me arrested, it's someone else, but it's pretty obvious to me now why in 12 step groups men should help only men and women should only help women.

I have some mild anxiety but nothing too terrible. I'm trying not to depend too much on Ativan. Propranolol and clonidine help.

You did a good job getting another female to help her, especially if you've been burnt before.

I was just thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. Happy that your anxiety isn't too bad, you're doing a great job aihfl.

Here if you need anything,
your friend,
Ash.

This isn't the psycho that tried to have me arrested, it's someone else, but it's pretty obvious to me now why in 12 step groups men should help only men and women should only help women.

I have some mild anxiety but nothing too terrible. I'm trying not to depend too much on Ativan. Propranolol and clonidine help.

Insomnia is no longer getting the best of me, although I do have to medicate myself to within an inch of my life to get decent shuteye. I'm almost out of gabapentin and Remeron which is part of my sleepy-bye cocktail so I have to get that refilled today.

I haven't had much of an appetite and I haven't been to a grocery store in weeks so yesterday I went to the Pollo Tropical near me (Latin American chicken joint) and got a big family meal including a whole grilled chicken, black beans and rice and balsamic tomatoes so I can just graze when I'm feeling peckish.

I was just thinking of you and have been having a shitty time myself lately so it's nice to wake up and see you're doing well aihfl. You're doing such a great job, sincerely happy for you.

Your family meal sounds so f'n good btw...because of the heat here I haven't had an appetite either.

Hugs,
Ash.

Insomnia is no longer getting the best of me, although I do have to medicate myself to within an inch of my life to get decent shuteye. I'm almost out of gabapentin and Remeron which is part of my sleepy-bye cocktail so I have to get that refilled today.

I haven't had much of an appetite and I haven't been to a grocery store in weeks so yesterday I went to the Pollo Tropical near me (Latin American chicken joint) and got a big family meal including a whole grilled chicken, black beans and rice and balsamic tomatoes so I can just graze when I'm feeling peckish.

I love Pollo Tropical! I always try and get it when I am somewhere where it's available. No franchises that I know of near me. It's like really good, healthy food. Now I'm hungry.

Speaking of sleep. For me, I am again struggling with insomnia after cutting out hard liquor (again!). I just returned from a work trip to Seattle where I picked up all kinds of different medical cannabis tinctures designed specifically for sleep. It's hard to say, but I think they really work. I also grabbed a product that contains CBN, which is totally non-psychoactive, and is something serious MJ enthusiasts avoid as it makes the user very sleepy. Kinda like a natural valium so I've read. I look forward to trying it.

I am glad you are doing well and things are improving.

I love Pollo Tropical! I always try and get it when I am somewhere where it's available. No franchises that I know of near me. It's like really good, healthy food. Now I'm hungry.

Speaking of sleep. For me, I am again struggling with insomnia after cutting out hard liquor (again!). I just returned from a work trip to Seattle where I picked up all kinds of different medical cannabis tinctures designed specifically for sleep. It's hard to say, but I think they really work. I also grabbed a product that contains CBN, which is totally non-psychoactive, and is something serious MJ enthusiasts avoid as it makes the user very sleepy. Kinda like a natural valium so I've read. I look forward to trying it.

I am glad you are doing well and things are improving.
That's interesting about the cannabinol. I found one website that said 5mg of CBN is the equivalent of about 10mg of diazepam. I'll have to see if this is something that dispensaries here stock. I'm not interested in medical MJ, I'd just like to get a decent night's rest without taking an excessive amount of medication.

Living in a minority-majority area, I certainly have a plethora of chicken joints to choose from. Pollo Tropical, Popeye's (I swear it must have crack in it it's so addicting) and Crown Fried Chicken for the Halal crowd.

EPL1 said:
I was just thinking of you and have been having a shitty time myself lately so it's nice to wake up and see you're doing well aihfl. You're doing such a great job, sincerely happy for you.

Thank you Ash. Hearing from you always makes me feel better.

Last edited:
Hey Aih -

Good call on finding a woman to text that woman back. After your experience with psycho bitch, it's very wise.

You're doing good Aih. You continue to push forward no matter what. Super proud of you!!!

I literally wrote you a big ass pm aihfl and when I hit submit it fucking erased it....fuck fuck fuck.