• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA for self work?

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Alright, so, I'm considering, for a b/day treat, albeit a little belated, due to the weather, going out to a well-liked forest, haven't picked one yet for definite, but it'll be somewhere I like, and that has excellent mushroom-picking potential (I've been an avid mushroom hunter since I was about 4-5 and taught myself to read using mycology textbooks. Weird? sure, I'm autistic, I can live with that, in fact I'd have it no other way=D)

Both psychoactives and the various delicious treats to be pulled out of the ground or hacked off trees and brought home to the frying pan or roasted over the flame of a gas torch etc.

Plan is to travel light, just a backpack, bags for collecting mushrooms, a few field-guides, my knife and a case of cold beers, plus some smokes and my e-fag, a portable MP3 player and thats it. Thinking taking some MDA, MDMA isn't really an option, I could do it, but it would mean a lot of fucking around and loss of yield methylating MDA, I do have the means and knowledge but I am not seriously considering it. I've tried MDMA anyhow, but never MDA.

How suited is it for that psychic cleansing that MDMA is so good at catalyzing? this won't be a solo trip, as I'll need the transport, and my old man will be happy enough coming along, giving me a lift I should think, he isn't quite the avid mycophile I am, but over the years he has picked up a fair bit from being around me and from when I go out alone and bring back harvests, but wherever I pick this time, it'll require transport, and due to seizure risk I can't drive, not that I would whilst wankered on MDA either of course. But that is besides the point, since I can't drive in the first place. He won't be on it, probably won't know I am (although he knows I use this that and the other)

I'm usually sort of uneasy on entactogens, aside from AMT, in social situations, because they make me..well...its almost like dropping a temporary 'turn into an NT' pill, or one that turns my instincts from those of someone autistic to those of someone IT, and normally the thought quite disgusts me. And I know that while it can be interesting to observe, it is also the effect of a drug, and not truly what I am meant to be, or who I am, so there is always that feeling of falsehood, in socializing situations. Don't think it will be too bad though in something like this, with him along for the ride.

As for the MDA itself, it'll be quite pure, without any cutting agent, and without need for testing to exclude other drugs, only testing for sufficient purity during recrystallization procedures as per usual, taking the melting point, chromatography and what have you. But that it will BE MDA, that much is not in doubt. Even know which route was employed to produce it and which reagents and solvents were used to follow said route.

As far as health..chronic pain, so I'll be on opioids, morphine and oxy although that isn't anything I can do anything about. Seizure prone also, although I take chlormethiazole (a GABAergic depressant, intermediate duration of action, very rapid onset, which has an action at GABAa similar to barbiturates, rather than benzos, and aside from controlling them fairly well, can be used at a double dose to kill one off when it begins within minutes, also have access to a strong, long-acting benzo (nitrazepam), opioids, clonidine (blocks noradrenaline release, reduces panic if used for such purposes; although I typically take it daily due to the whole being wired up in such a way that along with the many gifts autism has bestowed upon me, my body gets physically overstimulated given my altered methods of data processing, as everything comes in at once rather than being filtered. On the one half, this means that I pick up a lot more of whats going on, much more detail and much faster than an NT can, but the flip side of the coin is that this lack of buffering causes overstimulation easily)

Also have a muscle relaxer relative of clonidine, tizanidine available, plus cyclizine (sedating antihistamine with antimuscarinic, and very effective antinauseant effects), and ondansetron (another anti-puke pill, this one is generally only given out to cancer patients on some of the more gruelling chemo regimes, due to its being hideously overpriced when supplied as medication by big pharma to health systems, but I have a script for it, and oh my, is it ever effective. A 5HT3 receptor antagonist in action. I think I'll preload with 8mg ondansetron whilst getting ready to go hiking.

Any advice? hints, tips? feedback? important differences vs MDMA, excluding longer duration (desirable in this case) and potentially being trippier? I'm thinking, taking a dose of 120mg or so, plus carrying a couple of vials each containing a further 10mg for mid-trip micro-adjustments, and a booster dose of a full strength. Has anyone suggestions about the booster weight? Also if I'm out for a long time, I might well want to be fully under the influence of the MDA while home, to all the better enjoy any wild mushrooms I might be fortunate enough to find, if I get lucky and find some that are good eating, got a couple of sirloin and fillet steaks in the freezer I'll defrost in advance so as to be ready for cooking with whatever I may bring back, will get some shiitake just in case mother nature has held back her gifts on the day I choose to go out snuffling around in the leaf litter and stinging nettles, swearing and cursing my way towards a patch of tasty looking specimens surrounded by stings and thorns:D

(can't keep a good mycophage down..we are pretty determined when we set our sights on something particularly good...I've even scurried down the banks of a dam, using trees to arrest my downward semicontrolled slide, and to climb back up, in order to retrieve a pair of young giant puffballs I found the other year, nice and fresh, young, firm ones that were only a couple of feet in diameter or so, so can only have been growing for days at most. Small for the species, but definitely worth the effort, fantastic eating, fried in batter and eggy bread. [they can grow to at least a meter and a half in diameter, and a single one can weigh as much as a grown man, being more than big enough to feed several families for a week for a big 'un. I've never seen one at its most extremes of growth though. It wouldn't really surprise me though if they could grow to two meters in diameter. And they really are right up there at the very peak of delicious when it comes to wild mushrooms. Salty, flavourfull, rich mushroomy flavour and scent, can be sliced thick, like steak, and fried in butter, fried in fritters, made into soup...one of the finest foods nature has to offer IMO, right up there with Saffron milk-cap (Lactarius deliciosus), a fungus prized highly since at least roman times, parasol mushrooms (Macrolepiota procera) and many of the boletes, such as my favourite, Suillus luteus, the slippery jack, fried in garlic butter and given a squeeze of lime juice, after first peeling the cap to divest it of the layer of slime that covers the caps. As well of course, as, once cured to detoxify them, fly agaric, one of my absolute favourite seasonings for red meat dishes of all, as well as the spicy parasitic bolete that infects fly Amanita mycelium and grows with them, the fiery spicy hot Chalciporus piperatus, or peppery bolete, a pair of fungi I value greatly for the kitchen, and go out yearly to harvest as much biomass of edible viability as possible, for use in spice blends and seasonings, especially my personal specialty spice mixture, based on fly agaric (Amanita muscaria), in sub-hallucinogenic quantities, along with 5-6 different sauces and 10 or so herbs, seeds and fungi, that I make for steaks, and will be having with my birthday steaks no matter what I find out there. Turns a top quality piece of dead cow into something that wars would be fought over and empires toppled for the recipe were we a few centuries back in time=D)

And one last question-rough time from oral administration to first onset? this won't be tablets, could possibly stuff the dose into capsules emptied of other, old and useless meds, but more than likely, I'll just weigh it out as the hydrochloride salt, chuck it down the hatch and follow it down with some orange juice. Or else dissolve it in a shot of orange juice and drink that down. How soon using it either in solution or effectively as good as in solution, by mouth, can I expect it to begin to take effect.

And at doses of 120mg, how controllable will it be in terms of the nastier side effects like increased social drive? that in particular is something I wish to avoid. And same goes if I decide to up it by 10mg once, twice, thrice or so depending on my response after already being into the experience? and booster? advice there would very much be
appreciated. Also what sort of dose level would most say MDA would become too pro-socially uncontrollable at? I grant, this is a difficult question to pose, given I am Kanner's autie (classic autism) in neurotype, and am asking the question of people who are more than likely NTs, I would love any input I can get though, even second hand, from folk on the autistic spectrum on this matter though. Its difficult, since an already socially addicted neurotypical is going to have a highly different benchmark for 'too pro-social' than a Kanner's autie who by nature, is really very much a lone wolf. Can socialize but don't NEED to, and am definitely, definitely not subject to the yoke of social addiction that NTs invariably suffer from. So its very different.

Perhaps it might be easier to state where it remains controllable and when it becomes not so. Since I can't be having myself turn temporarily NT. This after all, meant to be a birthday treat, with MDA of the finest quality. And I intend to do some self healing if I can bend the state produced by the drug to that end, too. So I really don't want to go NT for 6 hours. 5 minutes would be bad enough:p

I can relate one significant experience of when I (inadvertently) took MDA for self work. Back in about 2003 I was 16-17 and had just gotten into smoking weed for the past 9 months or so. We hit it really hard out in the woods and coming to the tail end it started having seriously detrimental effects on my mental health and cognitive function. One night I took three MDA pills (dolphins I think) in my bedroom, and at one point it suddenly dawned on me that I wasn't who I was, and that I was experiencing seriously detrimental, damaging effects from smoking weed, including social anxiety. I decided at that moment that I would force myself into social situations, stop weed and work on curing myself, and then after the experience, did - to great effect. It was a degree of insight that I never would have had, or presumably so intently acted upon, had I not taken the MDA.

Now, how was the rest of the experience apart from the deep insight & introspection? This will go a long way in answering many of your other questions. I mainly spent the experience writhing around on the bed with my jaw rattling, repeatedly trying to pull an imaginary bucket which kept dissapearing, whilst orbs floated round my room. The orbs were green and fluorescent and always there. If I moved they would scatter like a tangible physical object. I also kept thinking I was talking to people who would dissapear, thinking I was at work, seeing things which would dissapear when I blinked - my god I fucking love MDA. The hallucinations are always very familiar, like "oh it's just those magical orbs which are a thing in every day life".

It makes you look like death and you'll probably think the person you're with can see the hallucinations and try to talk in alarm about them, so good look hiding it from your dad if you have any intent whatsoever. It really causes heavy bruxism and the eyes glaze right over. It's quite like high dose MDMA, but has its own distinct flavour and is extra hallucinatory. Some people will say that MDMA is social and MDA is not and stuff like that, but this is a total generalisation. It might make you want to talk but take enough and you'll likely be far too messy to make a lot of sense. I've always found a similarity to high dose AMT, to be honest.

I'll make sure to prepare a bioavailable form of magnesium, such as the glycine salt from some freshly prepared magnesium oxide, from burning elemental magnesium metal powder in a clean carbon crucible or clean disposable plate or cup that it doesn't matter if it cracks and dies screaming. As well as to bring along chewing gum and take 8-12mg tizanidine (zanaflex, a clonidine analog used as just about one of the strongest and most effective, if not THE strongest/most effective myorelaxant given outside hospital surgical settings, blocks noradrenaline/adrenaline release and might well be effective in at least reducing bruxism.)

And the look like death, how, why? in what way? does this include if one is not intensively active, becoming dehydrated, and instead is hiking through a forest after the rains squirrelling away any potentially delicious mushrooms or magical ones, of course?

And if its due to stress, discomfort, stimulation or some combination of these, then oughtn't a strong dose of opioids work to lift that? I'm not one to go wig out and start talking to someone thinking they can see my tripping, at least not if I wish to hide being on MDA. As for writhing on the bed...not an option. I won't even BE near a bed. While its true I have before, whilst doing self work (I used it to help me cure myself of PTSD, combined with low dose MXE to allow a dissociation from the events that caused it when revisiting them) using AMT, I did several times on a fair few trips, end up curling up in a favourite warm glade of trees with a large space, carpeted with soft dry himalayan balsam leaves, with the scent of living balsam flowers perfuming the air, and the pop-pop-pop of the exploding seed pods of the plant and the skittering noise of the cluster-bomb munitions of the pods hitting the ground a constant in the background. That plus the fact there is a hidden cluster of parasol mushrooms if you know just where to look behind a certain large dirt clod right back in the trees and dense thorn briars not infrequently made it a good choice to just pad the tree with my rolled-up leather trench as a pillow and ended up planting roots and going to seed for a while, letting the AMT/low dose MXE take me where it would, although it was for sure the AMT that was doing the leading, the MXE was just enough to suppress fear responses and maintain sufficient detachment for the therapy intended to take place.

I hope the generalization that MDA is less social than MDMA is correct. I don't want to be made more NT-like for any length of time. I actually, whilst I don't hate NTs like say, a racist might hate blacks, although I certainly LOATHE some of the things they are highly prone towards doing or being and which auties, aspies are not; I find the thought that it was luck alone that caused me to be born in just the right way for my parental genetic contributions to supply me with what I needed to end up a dyed in the wool Kanner's spazz, pretty horrific actually. The idea I might NOT have been born autistic, or at LEAST as an aspie,it is so much worse than unpalatable, it is the stuff nightmares and the nastiest of horror movies get made out of.

I just could not possibly bear being born NT, and its kinda fucked up, even if on a very occasional basis, so I can study the species in greater detail otherwise not possible, intellectually interesting and challenging. Although at least, the empathogens seem to bring about the good side of their species, rather than the backstabbing, the greasy pole climbing, the lying, the expecting people to behave according to their own personal whim-spawned completely unstated 'rules' and expectations, and getting pissed should someone fail to act in a way they never were informed they were expected to act, the sniping, gossiping, all those vile, vile NT habits. Although it obviously enhances social dependency, and of course social addiction is a huge problem afflicting neurotypicals, in being nearly universal, its obvious to see, and the withdrawals look pretty hellish if NTs can't get their fix.

I can relate one significant experience of when I (inadvertently) took MDA for self work. Back in about 2003 I was 16-17 and had just gotten into smoking weed for the past 9 months or so. We hit it really hard out in the woods and coming to the tail end it started having seriously detrimental effects on my mental health and cognitive function. One night I took three MDA pills (dolphins I think) in my bedroom, and at one point it suddenly dawned on me that I wasn't who I was, and that I was experiencing seriously detrimental, damaging effects from smoking weed, including social anxiety. I decided at that moment that I would force myself into social situations, stop weed and work on curing myself, and then after the experience, did - to great effect. It was a degree of insight that I never would have had, or presumably so intently acted upon, had I not taken the MDA.

Now, how was the rest of the experience apart from the deep insight & introspection? This will go a long way in answering many of your other questions. I mainly spent the experience writhing around on the bed with my jaw rattling, repeatedly trying to pull an imaginary bucket which kept dissapearing, whilst orbs floated round my room. The orbs were green and fluorescent and always there. If I moved they would scatter like a tangible physical object. I also kept thinking I was talking to people who would dissapear, thinking I was at work, seeing things which would dissapear when I blinked - my god I fucking love MDA. The hallucinations are always very familiar, like "oh it's just those magical orbs which are a thing in every day life".

It makes you look like death and you'll probably think the person you're with can see the hallucinations and try to talk in alarm about them, so good look hiding it from your dad if you have any intent whatsoever. It really causes heavy bruxism and the eyes glaze right over. It's quite like high dose MDMA, but has its own distinct flavour and is extra hallucinatory. Some people will say that MDMA is social and MDA is not and stuff like that, but this is a total generalisation. It might make you want to talk but take enough and you'll likely be far too messy to make a lot of sense. I've always found a similarity to high dose AMT, to be honest.

Jesus Christ you two could write a book. Interesting read. I’m way to ADD and probably of lower intelligence to write this way. Followed by seeing you both have over 5500 posts!!!! I feel ashamed to call myself a Bluelugher lmao!

I'll make sure to prepare a bioavailable form of magnesium, such as the glycine salt from some freshly prepared magnesium oxide, from burning elemental magnesium metal powder in a clean carbon crucible or clean disposable plate or cup that it doesn't matter if it cracks and dies screaming. As well as to bring along chewing gum and take 8-12mg tizanidine (zanaflex, a clonidine analog used as just about one of the strongest and most effective, if not THE strongest/most effective myorelaxant given outside hospital surgical settings, blocks noradrenaline/adrenaline release and might well be effective in at least reducing bruxism.)

And the look like death, how, why? in what way? does this include if one is not intensively active, becoming dehydrated, and instead is hiking through a forest after the rains squirrelling away any potentially delicious mushrooms or magical ones, of course?

With regards to looking like death - well, I guess it depends on the person, to a degree. Some people look beautiful on MDxx. But MDA just makes you look so sweaty and wired, with eyes like flying saucers. Throw in a jaw that could power the national grid and some mega glazed eyes that are only visible when they momentarily are not rolling into the back of your head, and, well, it's not a great look.

Jesus Christ you two could write a book. Interesting read. I?m way to ADD and probably of lower intelligence to write this way. Followed by seeing you both have over 5500 posts!!!! I feel ashamed to call myself a Bluelugher lmao!

The phenibut was flowing and I'd just had a coffee, I was in my sweet spot.

Hell of a lot of assumptions there regarding "neurotypicals" but I won't dive into that.

MDA is better than MDMA for "self work" in my opinion. MDA focuses that love more inward than outward like MDMA.

It is less social than mdma yes but still social. With MDMA I'm ok being around large groups but with MDA I prefer small group settings.

You can hike around picking mushrooms (a favorite activity of mine as well, the rush of finding just one patch of edibles is enough to always keep me coming back) but as Tranced said, it could plant you in one spot. (Ie writhing on the forest floor.). For me, MDA usually keeps me from exploring around too much and times where I've gone into the woods thinking I would be exploring I wound up in one spot most of the experience.

Also the crazy weird shit that happens on MDA like talking to people that aren't there, is par for the course as far as MDA is concerned. Especially at higher doses. If you want to avoid that state, keep the doses more casual. 80-120mg is a strong dose of MDA.

I'd also watch what you say about how that MDA came to be.

Thinking back, MDA experiences have really shaped how I interact with those around me on a daily basis. The self work I needed was how to not hate all those around me. I at one point felt just as you did, and I still at times do, but now I have learned to love those around me despite all their short comings. Most of the people in society feed off that "social addiction" you talk about, be glad you don't need that to feel complete in life. I know I am..

-GC

Last edited:
I don't think I'm at all likely to end up pinned in one spot staring at a patch of mushrooms. I always, tripping or otherwise, go stalking miles and miles for many hours around the woods , and covering each area of say 10-20 square meters meticulously until any and every valuable specimen has been rooted up, leaving only tattier ones, but making sure there ARE some of all kinds left, aside from when the mushrooms being taken are obviously already mature and that will have sporulated already but are still perfectly edible and good, and avoiding taking any species so rare as to be endangered, unless, as mentioned there is no conceivable way they cannot have already spread their spores; as I won't take super-rare species unless they have already undergone their reproductive processes for certain, and are still good to eat, other than isolated specimens for scientific and consevation reasons.

Such as a plan I have, to harvest some fruitbodies of Hygrocybe calyptraeformis, a waxcap, with a thin white stem and a pale pink pointed cap, its edible, but I'll not be eating it, rather, its on the red list for endangered mushroom species, in the UK, and in many countries all over europe. But I know several regions where it is locally abundant and quite common at the specific sites, and that can afford to donate a handful of fruit-bodies of an age where they will produce spore prints. I'll be taking soil-samples, and ones inclusive of the moss species growing most commonly nearest to the H.calyptraeformis fruitbodies and around them for a couple of meters, as they form an unusual symbiotic association with mosses. The idea being to take them home, and in the lab, take tissue cultures of the mushrooms, and maintain them as clonal lines on agar, as well as spore prints, and samples of hopefully mycelium-containing soil complete with the moss, whilst measuring soil PH, calcium content, and other common and potentially important ion contents and organic matter density, so it can be replicated along with hydration level of the soil and the ambient temperature whilst fruiting was observed.

So I can, after the initial trip to the bio-lab, and establishment of sterile tissue and spore cultures, measurements taken, then work on establishing a garden culture station, and from there, start transplanting colonies, radiating outwards as I travel to places, establishing colonies where I can find suitable environmental conditions, of course maintaining my own private cultures (obviously they'd be offered freely to anyone else that wanted bio-material to assist in the effort)

And I do intend to pick two specimens of a bolete, if they turn up near me as they have for a couple of prior consecutive years. A tan cap, quite light, vivid, deep scarlet blood red pores, and a fat, bulbous stem as wide as the cap, squat, looks like a turnip, with the barest hint of reticulation, although patchy. Any tissue instantly blues upon being cut, and the adults at least, have the most foul, repulsive stench to them. Grow fair sized, and oh shit do they ever stink, its like decaying, putrid flesh. Really strong, one mushroom is enough to befoul an entire room and make it unfit to enter.

I'll be taking spore prints, then pickle one in formaldehyde and the other one, I'll send with it, in whatever way that kew gardens asks of me when I contact them and let them know my suspicions (I'll make it clear I have the facilities for anything from alcohol or formaldehyde and a glass jar, to snap-frozen in liquid nitrogen prior to vacuum-dessication), plus spore samples on prepared slides (I of course, would never be caught dead without a good microscope, got mine for a couple of hundred quid, as surplus, although in mint condition when bought from a pathology lab and had it shipped from india).

I'm fairly confident that I have made an identification, over several years, of the devil's boletus, Boletus satanas (now Rubroboletus satanas) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubroboletus_satanas

Its highly toxic, certainly when raw, containing a potent cytotoxic glycoprotein called bolesatine, although I believe it seems to be somewhat thermolabile at least, and when raw potentially fatal if eaten. But also one of the rarest fungi in britain and across europe also critically endangered. I am 80% sure I would say, to 85% sure it is indeed B.satanas. I need more than just expert level confirmation by myself, but I need a professional mycologist who specializes in the genus to confirm the identification for me, because a repeating population of the devil's bolete is a MAJOR ecological discovery and worth professional conservation efforts beyond that of which I alone am capable, given the extreme rarity of the species. If it ISN'T the devil's bolete, then it is one of it's close relatives, many of them are very, very very rare indeed. So methinks I've found something worth 'having', in the sense of getting hold of conservationists, sending some tissue and spore samples preserved in different ways, microscopic slides and if I can establish them, agar plated culture samples, although it is a mycorrhizal fungus, growing in symbiotic association with oaks, which will make it difficult at best. Not that I won't try, but I will most certainly require every assistance I can get.

And I don't hate NTs, there are highly common characteristics that I find contemptible and nauseating at best, disgusting at worse, but it is the behaviour I despise, not the fact they are NT. If an autie/aspie displays the same behaviours, they will have earned an equal measure of loathing for their actions. Those of either species who do not, receive none. I feel kinda sorry for the social addiction, and yes, they feed off it. It feeds off them too, for if deprived of it, they would suffer for it. And I am glad I don't need the same to be complete in life. I'm quite delighted by most of my autie traits and wiring. Not all, it isn't perfect, I've got the disadvantage of physical overstimulation at a far lower threshold, but as a trade-off for the lack of buffering in respect of data-uptake, I perceive much more detail within the environment, far faster than an NT would. I have a logical thought process style, rather than relying primarily upon emotion, I feel emotion, certainly, but I am not ruled by it. It apparently does not appear so to NTs, quite often, but thats because they are usually both unfamiliar with both my communication style, and are unfamiliar with me personally.

When I say social addiction, I mean it, not as an insult, just as an observation. An neurotypical individual will suffer pretty quickly and eventually wither and possibly even have their death accelerated if deprived of social contact. I on the other hand, will not. I value the social contact I DO have, I just keep a much tighter circle of much closer friends, there are far fewer of them, of those I find worth forming such a close friendship with, but those I do have, although I might not see them as often as NTs would their friends, are much more valuable to me. Although even without, I would not wither away.

I just see the fact that an NT will experience such negative effects and misery as a result of social deprivation, as something sorrowful, and that is to them, an evolutionary disadvantage, because it places them in a more vulnerable state and less able to function in isolation should they find it required of them to do so. I however, will not.

Nor am I subject to being jerked around like a puppet on a string by the least emotional whim to the exclusion of regulatory control by logic. Which is, as I see things, a dangerous trait to be vulnerable to. It opens up an individual so prone, to all manner of manipulations by others and irrational courses of action from the vagaries of their own thought processes; predisposing them to act in an illogical manner, and potentially, one dictated by somebody with interests of their own.

As for the gossipping, the backstabbing, the greasy-pole-sliming, the snidey one-upping for not much good if any to come of it, and things like speaking other than plainly, saying that which is not meant and expecting people to act on the unsaid when they do. It would be far more expedient for people to communicate by saying what they mean, or at least, of course, speaking in a manner which is plain to the recipient (I.e allowing for idiom, sarcasm as long as it will be understood clearly as such, or when explained if not recognized)

To do otherwise is inefficient. So do not think it is hatred of NTs, now you have a bit more idea about the way I think. Although the backstabbery and the like, those ARE negative characteristics that just make a person unpleasant. Autistic people are a LOT less prone to such things, although not immune. I don't find it admirable in my own kind either. I just know it to be far more common in NTs. And I see no reason why I should value, like, or respect a character which is inherently low down, vile, unpleasant and unworthy of respect, or those who exhibit such traits. To pretend I hate NTs because more of them display such natures than do autistic people, is illogical, I make no such claim myself, my stance is simply, that autistic, is the more fortuitous neurotype for a person to be have, and that they are better off for it. Doesn't mean 'better person' as in 'worth more', but rather 'better equipped in an evolutionary sense to deal with many things NTs are not, possessed of capabilities very often that astonish NTs, or even whole batteries of such capabilities. Theyre are of course NT polymaths...well..I say of course...I would have to make a far more detailed study of those notable polymaths within such a timeframe as to be able to accurately make a view of their life and personalities from historical record within modern times, rather than for example, the ancient greeks, romans, where legend has had too much time to muddy the waters. It would be interesting to correlate the polymath trait with autistic tendencies as a whole. I would be very curious to see if the two ARE mutually inclusive, or exclusive, although I would expect a degree of crossover, as autism is a spectrum. And as such, there are NTs with more autistic traits than most, and those almost exclusively NT with next to nothing.

I see no reason I would use these concepts as a basis for hatred. Only for the generation of observation and basis for logical analysis. Just the way my mind works. It is, admittedly, quite alien indeed to many, if not most NTs, and especially those who know nobody on the spectrum. Just like how say, an average human, would react if suddenly confronted with meeting a vulcan.

Lol, I even have the pointy ears=D

Personally, I can not do anything productive with MDA. The euphoria is so powerful and paralyzing that I need to lie down in any place for a long time until the peak fades slowly. It is much stronger and more durable than MDMA and in the psychedelic territory.

My dose range has been shuffled between 100-200mg. High doses (I do not recommend it) provide experiences from another galaxy, the visions obtain a unique "anticholinergic" nuance.

No doubt good shit.

DocLad

Hmm. What about far lower dose ranges in terms of their personal effect on you?

Also how does 'anticholinergic nuance' equate to no doubt good shit? :p

Not that I'm suggesting MDA isn't, but anything that gives the end result of anticholinergic..nuances? a good thing?

Besides, do antimuscarinic delirients even HAVE nuances? there was me thinking that they came up behind you, stabbed you in the ear hole with a length of rusty iron rebar and then hit the end of it repeatedly with a hammer until it comes out the other side so it can attach strings and jerk the victim of the poisoning around psychotically, like a demented human meatpuppet...=D

Funny, possibly but only reading anecdotes of horrors, and distancing yourself from the fact some poor bastard had to have it happen to them. If its got potential to be that incapacitating at 100mg, then will have to do trials before going out for sure. Can't afford to not be able to walk back when transport from and to my place of residence is essential to begin with, and definitely not because I've tried to explain to the old man the properties of some interesting fungus and why its red when its green or brown or bloody violet blue (not common, I know, but there are some, like Lactarius indigo, the indigo milk-cap, one of the relatively few bright blue mushrooms)

That, for sure, would probably attract attention, even if for no other reason than he KNOWS I am most unlikely to screw up something concerning anything remotely mycology related. And if I got some thing as basic as the color of something I'm holding onto at the time, I am unlikely to be able to wriggle out of it, even if I were to say its a variety, or an atypical example that usually is, because he'd quite possibly have already learned of the species from me beforehand and then I'd really have put my foot in my mouth haha. Especially if I've got eyes like dinnerplates.

Doclad, when you say dose range shuffled between 100-200, and you speak of that rather disturbing sounding antimuscarinic 'nuance', do you mean going much higher than this, between 100-200 as your typical dose range, to a dose above this by what is for you, a fair increment in effect?

Or do you intend to convey the meaning that this is evinced as a response to 200mg, which for you would be a very high dose?

Also generally compared to MDMA (and if anyone would be so good, as to give me a broader bandwidth of information to sample from, if people have tried all three, the more that could sum them up respectively as a group, would be very helpful also) and to methylone also,
how steep is the dose response curve, and is it generally linear in tendency or does it show a habit of spiking suddenly, or being generally linear at lesser or greater dosage levels, but towards either the lesser or the greater end of the scale, tend to show abrupt valleys/peaks in the dose-response curve?

Thanks.

a unique "anticholinergic" nuance.

Can totally relate to this. But I never ingested MDA knowingly, I did ingest it though on 2 occassions. I have only one clue why and that's drug dealers are absolutely, exceptions excluded, idiots when it comes to the product they sell. Anyone can tell the two apart effect wise, I have friends who love MDMA but would dislike MDA bigtime.

Imo its worth more then it's relative. It's certainly a trip not a "roll" or emphatogenic experience. But be prepared for "orbs" of hair to be flowing around. That's what I was refering to as somekinda anticholinergic halluciantions. Smoking roll up's that were or unlit or simply not there. And the come up and down are so non existant when you compare it with x.

Last edited:
MDA is so weird, with mushroom picking I could imagine something like walking round all day with your basket full of brilliant glowing fluorescent green mushrooms, then waking up the next day and realising you just picked a couple of really bog standard mycena or something.

I dare say there seems to be a certain intelligence to the visuals. A lot of people see the same thing at the same time, and a lot of seemingly random hallucinations frequently reoccur on the drug. It seems to be a very synchronicity inducing substance, and it can easily feed you the same visual for the whole night, as it did for me with the orbs.

Which Mycena counts as bog standard? there are fucking loads of the buggers! If you mean that pink/purple, somewhat fleshier than average, Mycena pura? apparently whilst the guidebooks for years states this species to be edible, being somewhat bigger than the most of the genus, but its been discovered to have been responsible for a number of poisonings, not fatal, but due to its containing some muscarine, the cholinergic agonist neurotoxin first discovered in traces in fly agaric, but found in far greater, dangerous levels in many Inocybe species (lethal in several of them potentially, such as red staining inocybe and in Clitocybe rivulosa, C.dealbata).

Hmm. What about far lower dose ranges in terms of their personal effect on you?

Also how does 'anticholinergic nuance' equate to no doubt good shit? :p

Not that I'm suggesting MDA isn't, but anything that gives the end result of anticholinergic..nuances? a good thing?

Besides, do antimuscarinic delirients even HAVE nuances? there was me thinking that they came up behind you, stabbed you in the ear hole with a length of rusty iron rebar and then hit the end of it repeatedly with a hammer until it comes out the other side so it can attach strings and jerk the victim of the poisoning around psychotically, like a demented human meatpuppet...=D

Funny, possibly but only reading anecdotes of horrors, and distancing yourself from the fact some poor bastard had to have it happen to them. If its got potential to be that incapacitating at 100mg, then will have to do trials before going out for sure. Can't afford to not be able to walk back when transport from and to my place of residence is essential to begin with, and definitely not because I've tried to explain to the old man the properties of some interesting fungus and why its red when its green or brown or bloody violet blue (not common, I know, but there are some, like Lactarius indigo, the indigo milk-cap, one of the relatively few bright blue mushrooms)

That, for sure, would probably attract attention, even if for no other reason than he KNOWS I am most unlikely to screw up something concerning anything remotely mycology related. And if I got some thing as basic as the color of something I'm holding onto at the time, I am unlikely to be able to wriggle out of it, even if I were to say its a variety, or an atypical example that usually is, because he'd quite possibly have already learned of the species from me beforehand and then I'd really have put my foot in my mouth haha. Especially if I've got eyes like dinnerplates.

Doclad, when you say dose range shuffled between 100-200, and you speak of that rather disturbing sounding antimuscarinic 'nuance', do you mean going much higher than this, between 100-200 as your typical dose range, to a dose above this by what is for you, a fair increment in effect?

Or do you intend to convey the meaning that this is evinced as a response to 200mg, which for you would be a very high dose?

Also generally compared to MDMA (and if anyone would be so good, as to give me a broader bandwidth of information to sample from, if people have tried all three, the more that could sum them up respectively as a group, would be very helpful also) and to methylone also,
how steep is the dose response curve, and is it generally linear in tendency or does it show a habit of spiking suddenly, or being generally linear at lesser or greater dosage levels, but towards either the lesser or the greater end of the scale, tend to show abrupt valleys/peaks in the dose-response curve?

Thanks.

High-dose MDA causes important delusions (MDMA also). I have seen imaginary people surprise me in the forest, medieval buildings between the treetops with an incredible architectural detail, and little goblins carrying candles through the branches of trees, among many other things. Hallucinations with MDA / MDMA are very different from the archetypal psychedelic hallucinations where geometrical patterns predominate, respiration and color change and tonality.
I have never taken medications like Datura, but when I read experiences with substances such as Scopolamine, they remind me of some of my experiences

100mg of MDA offer some improved trails and colors, but the trip focuses mainly on strong empathy/connection with the environment and a substantial increase in the feeling of love. Unlike MDMA, MDA directs the love/energy to oneself instead of other people. It is a more "selfish" love: you don't want so much to embrace others, you want to embrace yourself. :\
Both are very euphoric, but MDA is more complete due to the prolonged duration.

The "anticholinergic" visions of which I speak occur in high doses, but I have found that they are obtained more easily with redosification than with a single dose at a time. I mean, with 200 mg of oral MDA there will be obvious hallucinations, but 100mg+100mg (at the peak) will take you to another planet. Weed also triggers the visions easily.
The redosifications direct the experience towards massive visions but without an increase of euphoria. I don't recommend 200 mg of MDA, it's too paralyzing. The 30' of pure bliss with this dose does not compensate the later fall.

My recommendation with empathic medications is to connect them through the rectum, offer a much cleaner experience with less hangover. I assume that metabolism of first-pass is responsible for some of the unpleasant sensations that can be avoided with rectal administration.

My recomendation:
-120mg of oral MDA.
-80 mg of rectal MDA

DocLad

Last edited:
Hello DocLad,

My name is Malek, and I've been looking for ages now, for something which will affect, on at least SOME scale, many of the issues from which I have been ailing. To make a long story, VERY SHORT ---> Looking to get my 'self' back, and am tired, oh so tired, after years of struggle (still very real) and taking all sorts of psych meds, spending thousands on all sorts of blood tests, scans, supplements, and "drugs,", and still no better off, just worse. Just came off Lamictal a few weeks ago, and am taking a medication vacation. If I can bear the angst of doing so, within the next weeks, I'll be trying mushrooms for the first time, to see if somehow, this will alleviate some of my issues. Very seriously interested in micro-dosing, since I've learned of all of the positive research on the subject.

In 2005 I sustained a TBI in Afghanistan, and have since been diagnosed with C-PTSD among a slough of other DSM 'labels'. I'm just really wanting to get my 'self' back, and essentially, to be able to see the purpose of life, and the beauty that it once had, and to no longer subject my family to emotional/relational neglect, and bring my self back to reality, rid of dissociation, the anxieties, and what is actually somewhat of a paranoia that so much anxiety over so long has given me. You speak of MDA as something which can connect the user, to themselves, and the environment. This makes me very curious about its possible benefits. Of course, where the hell does one get the stuff? No idea. In any case, I'm curious to hear about your personal experiences with this, or any other non-pharmaceutical which you feel has helped you with connectedness and love of self. Never tried really any type of non-doctor prescribed drug, until about a year ago. Had an old military buddy suggest that I try marijuana, as he figured it might help me. Well, after using that 9-10 times, and having some good, some bad experiences, and one F-ED off experience (psychosis for about 3 days -- BAD), I decided that, I need to look elsewhere. I'm thinking of giving MJ a try again, and to do A LOT of research about specific strains. I do have this thought about MJ, and I conclude that I don't want to be high all the time to feel more normal, or myself. MJ in fact, didn't really grant me either of those things. I digress...
I've looked into Ayahuasca, LSD, DMT, Ketamine, and other things, and quite frankly, I'm nowhere near the risk taker I used to be, and am quite weary of taking it upon myself to find or do these things without 'professional assistance', and of course, most of these things are illegal. Really, when it comes to the legality of such things, that's not my primary concern. It's where to get it FROM TRUSTED SOURCES. Got a buddy of mine getting mushrooms, and am going to try that out, but I'm also worried, as I've read that people with a history of mental illness shouldn't try these things. Do you have any thoughts about that concerning any hallucinogens?
I'm new to this site, but intend on posting around over the next week or 2, to see about becoming more knowledgeable about all of this. It's time to reclaim 'me.'

Thanks for reading -- if you've made it this far.

Be well.​

Limpet_chiken, when you can tell us your experience with MDA, I am eager.

Glovedeath, at this moment I am traveling with my wife and I use my mobile phone to post in the forum, it is not a good moment to give an answer that can satisfy you.
When I get home, I promise to answer you.
Anyway, I recommend that you post in a sub-forum that best suits your concerns, other users can give you good advice. Think that this publication was opened for another purpose and unfortunately you will not find the attention you deserve as a member of the forum.

Doclad

As far as PTSD goes, I have something to input that might be of value.

I was wrongfully banged up inside, pigs destroyed my whole lab, everything taken because someone grassed on me, I was physically dependent as a chronic pain patient on strong opioids, as well as GABAa agonist anticonvulsants (chlormethiazole, more like a barb in action than a benzo) and I'd been taking barbital for a while, the first of the barbs, aka veronal, and had easily enough to taper, but that was made impossible when the lab was destroyed and my drug box found, had a toolbox full of all sorts of powders, liquids, crystals, pills plus a big black plastic outside bin-liner bag full of nitrous whippits.

When banged up, went into physical withdrawal. Absolutely horrific, untreated, cunts just didn't give a fuck. And I nearly died because of the withdrawal. Didn't even know they had been throwing (twats) food onto the floor through the hatch. Didn't even know it was there. By the time I came back out of it, I'd lost so much weight, I looked like one of those concentration camp victim pictures.

Result, PTSD alright. Fucking bad case of it, waking up shaking and sweating bullets. It was traumatic, absolute fucking living hell made flesh.

It was AMT, combined with MXE that saved me. I went out for some therapy sessions, going out solo into the woods, to a favourite forest, on a dose of alpha-methyltryptamine, plus a low dose of MXE.

The AMT, its a psychedelic, but an entactogen as well, or you could look at it the other way around. Taking just enough MXE to get to a state of detatchment, so I could analyze things and come to terms with some of the worst things that happened without triggering a fight-or-flight response, whilst the AMT got me into an emotionally open, receptive state, and its psychedelic effects let things go full blown on the creativity.

I've done a fair bit of self work on AMT/MXE, going out on mushroom hunting trips (yes,I own up to it, I really do like my wild mushrooms=D) and now, I'd actually say that yes, I am now cured of PTSD.

And good fucking riddance to it.

Doclad, can't give you a definite date. Given the fact MDA has a methylenedioxyphenyl ring system as it's 'heart', if you will, the typical Beckmann rearrangement solution contains sulfuric acid, and the methylenedioxyphenyl won't take too kindly to the sulfuric acid used as part of the Beckmann mixture, it'll cleave the MDO ring to a diol.

So, need a non-oxidizing strong acid. Phosphoric comes to mind. Plus some trichloroisocyanuric acid.

Can't give you an exact date, depends on when the materials become available, although the key resource is at hand, the bit with the MDO ring ready for the work.

Hey DocLad,

Thanks for the response. I look very much forward to your input, as well as the bit about proper forum posting. Not used to all this stuff yet. Frankly, I don't even know what exactly you mean by a sub-forum, but, I imagine I'll figure that out.

Thanks so much -- enjoy your travels!

Limpet,

It sounds as though there is much more to your story. I found what you did relay to be quite interesting. Concerning your malnutrition -- this shouldn't have happened, given they were doing their job(s). I've worked Corrections now for 4 years (quitting my job in a few weeks), and this would definitely not be allowed to occur where I work. I'm glad to see you're thru the thick of it. As to how you got there, well, I've got an abundance of questions on that. I've never even heard of AMT or MXE, or some of the other things you'd mentioned. I have a hard time believing that one can struggle for YEARS, and through 5, 10, 20 or so "experiences", they can be more or less "healed". This I find very fascinating. If I had some connections to people who were able to locate or make some of this stuff...at this point, I'd give it a go.

Anyhow -- glad to see you're faring better these days.

Be well.

MXE is short for methoxetamine, its one of those grey-market RCs, a PCP relative, dissociative anaesthetic of the NMDA antagonist type.

Wasn't just the malnutrition, the fucking bastards left me in full blown DTs, delirious, seizing, was in that state for I don't know how long, but it has to be at least a month. As for through the thick of it? well I'm not in that stygian abyss any more, but the untreated DTs have done some severe damage to my memory and learning.Barbs are both GABAa agonists and AMPA receptor negative allosteric modulator. I strongly suspect excitotoxicity caused a lot of the neurological issues I have now. Also, I didn't have seizures when I went in there, and I do now. Although medication (chlormethiazole 3x daily) helps a great deal with stopping them happening.

And this sort of damage often doesn't get better. If anything, in my case, its getting slowly worse. Those styx-damned babyfucking bastards royally fucked me. Destroyed my entire lab too, my whole life's work, stolen and destroyed. I had to rebuild it from scratch. Not cheap, I lost many thousands of pounds worth of equipment, much more still in chemicals of all sorts, from anthranillic acid (quaalude precursor) to red phosphorus (hard to get, although I've 2kg in the lab, of lab grade), really not cheap and I've still not been able to replace them all. But I've improved on what I used to have.

And that lab, its my pride and joy, my life's attainment, put together over time, bit by bit, a few hundred quid worth of equipment and chemicals at a time, carefully sourced from those who will be discreet, eastern europe, china, some personal private contacts with connections. It shouldn't BE that way, hobby chemists are looked down on as criminals, just for HAVING a lab, even if they don't commit any illegal act with it. People shouldn't have to be fucking lucky and have great contacts just to run a decent lab. First its things like red phosphorus being clamped down on, then when they realize that chemists making meth from pseudo or ephedrine, will just switch to phosphorous acid or hypo, or if they crack down on iodine, too; that chemists will switch to producing anhydrous ammonia from ammonia salts and lye, drying it, condensing it or else bubbling it into an ethereal suspension of little shreds of lithium foil from batteries, protected in the flask from oxidation with argon, to produce a solution of solvated electrons, then adding their pseudo and proton donor (such as an alcohol), resulting in meth. Once you've gotten your solvated electron soup, the deep, deep blue (or golden in higher concentrations) is discharged within seconds, one quick ass cook or what? much faster to set up a Birch reduction than it is to perform the Nagai reduction with red phosphorus and iodine. That takes as long as 48 hours to fully, thoroughly reduce the pseudo or eph to meth when the chemist is competent and not lazy, the Birch, using just lithium from batteries, ammonia (possibly in ether) made from fertilizer, your feedstock and some alcohol to serve as a proton donor after addition of the feedstock. 2-3 hours or so to set up the solvated electron soup in a solvent, and near instant reaction once it has been made.

Then they decided clamp down on pseudo/ephedrine, whilst the mexi-cartels bring it in en masse and make huge batches industrially. They never thought to revoke their vile edicts trying to prohibit us from, so to speak, having one's phosphorus and eating it too. Even though on the scaleof things, the mexi-meth factories are pumping cheapo cut stuff out in vast quantities. And the individual 'mom&pop-op' setups could never compete.

Last edited:
I dare say there seems to be a certain intelligence to the visuals. A lot of people see the same thing at the same time, and a lot of seemingly random hallucinations frequently reoccur on the drug. It seems to be a very synchronicity inducing substance, and it can easily feed you the same visual for the whole night, as it did for me with the orbs.

Nicely worded. Were the orbs you observed fabriced of black thick hair's. I wonderhow far this sychronicity reaches. :):\