• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma, clonazepam and beer went terrible wrong.

smalldubster

Bluelighter
Hey all. I just wanna share my experience and might get some insight in what I did was so reckless. I don't know what and when it went wrong and that's why I'm here to learn and not do reckless substance use again.

I'm a 23 year old male weighting 86kg.
On Thursday I did 4mg of clonazepam, no tolerance.
On Friday I did 2 mg of clonazepam with 2 beers and later that night I dropped 150mg of tested mdma. Stupid as I was I thought the clonazepam would dampen the effects of mdma.

The whole thing ended up in a great come up which led to excessive sweating and convulsing. When I tried to stand up I would fall directly to the ground. My girlfriend got me back in the bed were I couldn't move or talk. I was not able to respond to questions. I was hallucinating pretty hard and was talking about work stuff and things that made no sense. Prior to this I've been working 13 hours for 3 weeks including weekends.

My girlfriend called the paramedics and got me to a clinic where they took blood and whatnot. I can't remember much. After 4 hours they let us go home and I fell asleep imeadtliy and woke up the next day having a little hard time but still felt great. No hard come down.

I've done a little research after and it's to my understanding that one should not mix clonazepam with anything ?

Some good advice here so I can understand why and what went wrong?

Greatly appreciate all responses.

Thanks

Clonazepam and alcohol is a bad idea. Also, alcohol and MDMA is not ideal.

Hey all. I just wanna share my experience and might get some insight in what I did was so reckless. I don't know what and when it went wrong and that's why I'm here to learn and not do reckless substance use again.

I'm a 23 year old male weighting 86kg.
On Thursday I did 4mg of clonazepam, no tolerance.
On Friday I did 2 mg of clonazepam with 2 beers and later that night I dropped 150mg of tested mdma. Stupid as I was I thought the clonazepam would dampen the effects of mdma.

WTF? You did a few mg of clonazepam, a couple of beers and an average amount of MDMA and ended up in hospital hallucinating like fuck?

Yes, you were reckless. Don't do it again...

Not to undermine anyone's bad experience but somehow there have been circulating recently some horror stories of using normal MDMA doses (and sometimes with some other drugs that shouldn't have (bad) interactions with MDMA) and then suffering debilitating effects like long term comedown or such.

I am not sure if these are just horror stories or if there is some kind of alteration in MDMA recently.

I'm sorry, but if you have to ask if your drug use was reckless when it landed you in hospital, then perhaps you shouldn't be fuckin taking drugs...

I'm sorry, but if you have to ask if your drug use was reckless when it landed you in hospital, then perhaps you shouldn't be fuckin taking drugs...

I'm not asking if my drug use was reckless. I know it was reckless. At least now. I'm asking for advice and information.

Thanks for you're contribution.

Not to undermine anyone's bad experience but somehow there have been circulating recently some horror stories of using normal MDMA doses (and sometimes with some other drugs that shouldn't have (bad) interactions with MDMA) and then suffering debilitating effects like long term comedown or such.

I am not sure if these are just horror stories or if there is some kind of alteration in MDMA recently.

I did use the same mdma 3 months ago and it went fine. Had a great experience. But there were no clonazepam in the picture. Just two beers :)

There is an entire thread dedicated to that, but regardless, this is a completely common effect of taking MDMA and to be expected as a part of the ecstasy experience. Unfortunately there is no technical term that I know of, but high doses of MDMA (and other empathogens) can lead to an experience characterised by intense muscle contractions, eye wiggles/eye rolling and heavy bruxism leading to a kind of sprawling physical state. Such experiences are also often characterised by hallucinations and talking random nonsense.

This does not mean that you are having a seizure but it seems from what I frequently see on here that people think otherwise and submit themselves/get submitted to emergency services, who generally release them after observation because they realise they are simply on drugs. Whilst I don't intend to discourage people from seeking medical attention, people should also understand that high dose empathogens do cause this effect as a matter of course. It is important to note that it happens more readily to some people than others, and is exasperated by both weed and alcohol.

There is an entire thread dedicated to that, but regardless, this is a completely common effect of taking MDMA and to be expected as a part of the ecstasy experience. Unfortunately there is no technical term that I know of, but high doses of MDMA (and other empathogens) can lead to an experience characterised by intense muscle contractions, eye wiggles/eye rolling and heavy bruxism leading to a kind of sprawling physical state. Such experiences are also often characterised by hallucinations and talking random nonsense.

This does not mean that you are having a seizure but it seems from what I frequently see on here that people think otherwise and submit themselves/get submitted to emergency services, who generally release them after observation because they realise they are simply on drugs. Whilst I don't intend to discourage people from seeking medical attention, people should also understand that high dose empathogens do cause this effect as a matter of course. It is important to note that it happens more readily to some people than others, and is exasperated by both weed and alcohol.

Heh, never a truer word spoken...

Heh, never a truer word spoken...

You've got no idea how many times I have to repeat different variations of that post in here. =D

I actually find it incredible that so many people don't know that this happens!

^^We ain't all raised on quarter gram doses and all nighters like you guys ;) UK culture knows those side effects moreso than others.

With that said, I'll agree it's something people should be aware can happen. For me I learned via experience report readings as well as my own experiences with "Dream movies" from mdma and opiates where I'd speak out loud to the person in my dream.

One experience comes to mind where I got my hands on .7g of pure MDMA back in the mid 00's when it was extremely uncommon in my area. I spent a whole weekend snorting little lines like it was cocaine because that's the drug I knew well and was unfamiliar with MDXX. By the last night I wasn't really rolling hard but still in a rolled out state of mind. I snorted a line right before hopping into bed and proceeded to have a night full of gorgeous dream movies where I was aware of my awake body yet still able to skip into that state. Best part was after that weekend binge I didn't feel any depression, that powder was magical or maybe my 16yr old brain still had some plasticity?..

I think the problem is people's growing anxiety and fears sprouting from the constant pressure from a society full of rules and regulations. We get it in our heads that any little unknown could be detrimental and then we have responses like seen above with potentially unnecessary hospital bills.

I remember growing up when someone would start tripping out we'd just wait it out with this mindset of "it's just the drugs.."

But yea this stuff does happen. It's likely a lot to do with increased MDMA to MDA metabolism. And with pure MDA you can expect craziness like this fairly often.

-GC

You've got no idea how many times I have to repeat different variations of that post in here. =D

Heheh! To be fair though, I've also mixed ridiculous doses of clonazepam with MDMA and it can 'colour' the experience somewhat. I remember dropping a couple of Mitsubishis one New Year's Eve having been eating clonazepam like sweets for a few weeks. Decided to cycle to the local 24 hour garage for some baccy around midnight. Next thing I knew, I was coming to my senses on a traffic island having a full blown conversation with a lamp post. I managed to get home, but the next day my wife informed me that I walked through the door, took my trousers off then wore them on my head as I proceeded to rip bits of wallpaper off the wall because I "want to get this girl's number"... Fuckin loved the whole experience =D

The first time it happened to me (waaaaay too high dose of MDMA) I was scared shitless, because I was not expecting that. Calmed down after half an hour when I realized I wasn't dying and actually had a blast that night. Though it is not advised because it usually happens on too high doses, I kind of like that scattered, hallucinating, mindfuck of a state you find yourself on the rare occasions you went too far

My mates found me having a conversation about the drum and bass scene with a fire extinguisher once =D good times

But, all that said, when really in doubt seek medical help. Better safe than sorry. So I think the OPs girlfriend did the right thing. OP did you by any chance smoke a lot of weed as well that night? This seems to amplify the trippy effects of MDMA by a great deal in my experience. Alcohol also contributes to the scattered brain effect. No idea about benzos, but it doesn't seem like a good combo to me in any case. Glad you came out alright

The first time it happened to me (waaaaay too high dose of MDMA) I was scared shitless, because I was not expecting that. Calmed down after half an hour when I realized I wasn't dying and actually had a blast that night. Though it is not advised because it usually happens on too high doses, I kind of like that scattered, hallucinating, mindfuck of a state you find yourself on the rare occasions you went too far

My mates found me having a conversation about the drum and bass scene with a fire extinguisher once =D good times

But, all that said, when really in doubt seek medical help. Better safe than sorry. So I think the OPs girlfriend did the right thing. OP did you by any chance smoke a lot of weed as well that night? This seems to amplify the trippy effects of MDMA by a great deal in my experience. Alcohol also contributes to the scattered brain effect. No idea about benzos, but it doesn't seem like a good combo to me in any case. Glad you came out alright

No, i dont smoke weed :) I've been doing mdma for about 3 years, and I also like those fucked up feelings and hallucinations. It is true, as stated above that it's part of the experience. What I think throwed my girlfriend off was the falling and not able to move. This was her first time seeing me on mdma also. I have hallucinated and convulsed hard before and always had a great time in the end.

Thanks for all the replies to this thread and the further insight :)

Smalldubster

I think the problem is people's growing anxiety and fears sprouting from the constant pressure from a society full of rules and regulations. We get it in our heads that any little unknown could be detrimental and then we have responses like seen above with potentially unnecessary hospital bills.

I remember growing up when someone would start tripping out we'd just wait it out with this mindset of "it's just the drugs.."

-GC

Ya know, I think you may be closer to the mark than you realise there. Although the reports of mercury contamination are very worrying, I've been wondering if guilt has a lot to do with the perceived side effects.

This is pure speculation, but say that a middle class kid, with possibly overbearing and religious parents with a 'drugz R bad' mentality, decides to 'rebel' by dropping some 'E', without thoroughly understanding that drugs can also have negative consequences, then suddenly realises that a 'rebel without a cause' is not actually a rebel at all, the ensuing guilt and conflict of interests could focus their mind on the unwanted aspects of the drug - thus resulting in extreme obsessive anxiety. This could induce a plethora of psychosomatic symptoms that won't subside until you get yer fuckin shit together... ;)

I don't mean to belittle these people's problems, but I do believe that in many cases they just need to man the fuck up and not respond by battering their already compromised systems with ridiculous amounts of unnecessary and overpriced 'snakeoil' supplements from the local 'healthfood' store - especially 5htp.

Just 'ave a banana... =D

Last edited: