• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5 months since I quit suboxone

zagor11

Bluelighter
And went back to oxycodone for chronic pain. However, unlike before suboxone, I cannot feel a think on oxycodone after stopping sub. Even for pain it helps some 30%. Suboxone helped better for pain but mental side effects were unbearable. I was on 18 mg of suboxone from August 2017 until Feb 2018 and then back to oxy (3 years on oxy before sub) and just mild pain relief and zero euphoria. I did quit sub cold turkey but not feeling anything after 5 months is something very rare. I wish I knew if there was a way to clear/reset/repair my opioid receptors. "sigh"

I tried morphine and hydromorphone too but no help

BUMP

I do not expect anyone to help me with this question but before I lose hope I gotta ask

There really isn't a question here. You are confused on why oxy doesn't help as much as you want it to but every body is different and there's no way for us to know why you aren't feeling what you think you should be feeling.

I take a much higher dose of narcotics than you do and I don't feel them or have any euphoria. Perhaps you are not on a dose high enough to cause euphoria but it's never good to keep increasing your dosage until you feel euphoric. Chasing a high is a bad thing.

If you are prescribed this medication and you are still in a lot of pain talk to your doctor about adding a breakthrough med or adding Lyrica or gabapentin to help with pain.

You do not always need to put a question mark to make your statement a from of a question. I never bought it on the street is'dby prescription but unlike you I did get high until I had taken suboxone. Only after sub there is no effect.

There is no way for you to know why I do not feel oxycodone but maybe some people do. Gabapentin, cymbalta, tramadole and many more I have tried and they all failed AFTER suboxone. And Im not chasing high for the fun but because of severe depression as no antidepressants help. I's rather quit oxy but depression is killing me.

Back away man. I wasn't picking a fight and you misunderstood what I meant when I said there wasn't a question. You took my whole post wrong because you were mad about the first sentence.

How is anyone going to be able to say why you don't feel the oxys like you used to? I can think of only one answer, but I'm sure you've already thought of it, tolerance.

Sub is much stronger than oxycodone and you were on 18 mgs of sub a day. That's a huge amount. I can't imagine what dose of oxy could work well enough for you to feel euphoric. What is your daily oxy dosage?

Sub is a strange drug. Who knows why your tolerance is not down to the point where you feel low amounts of opiates? If you are trying to get euphoria from them you may need quite a bit more oxy than you took before going on subs.

Oh shoot. Sorry Moderators. I know this isn't a "how to get higher or feel higher" forum. My apologies.

I was switched from Suboxone 12mg to 80mg of oxycodone/naloxone and I had withdrawals from bupe for three weeks although I was taking somewhat big amount of oxycodone.

I noticed that I didn't get nods or euphoria out of taking 240mgs of oxycodone after Suboxone so I just decided to quit chasing the dragon and tapered down from that oxycodone amount totally and haven't abused opiates anymore after that.

Plenty of other drugs available that cause euphoria and MDMA and it's close analogues such as 6-APB are now my main recreational drug.

I am not picking a fight with you. My point is maybe there is someone who went through the same shit I did ndwereable to fix the issue. I can get a bit euphoric if I take crazy high dose but it knocks me out. So it is not safe and no one should do it. I am prescribed 40 mg every 4 hours but I was on 60 mg every 3 hours. No difference.

I know sub is much stronger but it has left my system long ago. But I agree with you. Tolerance. Before I switched to sub I was on a crazy high dose the sub added its power made it super strong and now I THINK if I quit oxy altogether and re-try in a month or so, it may work.

Plenty of other drugs available that cause euphoria and MDMA and it's close analogues such as 6-APB are now my main recreational drug.

What is MDMA or 6-APB. If thercannot be prescribed then I wouldn't take it.

You didn't even state the dosage; Percocet simply may never cut it again

nearly 20mg suboxone is way too much;

Since you have been "clean" yet now need legitimate pain relief, I honestly think ~8-12mg suboxone per day is enough to relieve pain w/out, mental side effects, as you put it

Methadone at a modest dose would also be a viable option; however, we cannot really tell you why oxycodone isn't working, and certainly not with out more details, like dose, type of oxycodone (it could be regular, Percocet or Roxie's, or SR tablets, even the newer tablets w/nalaxone, which are ridiculous) Though my guess, dose just isn't high enough, and ORT meds may be better prn

If you are talking about prescribed medications for legitimate medical purposes, just ask your doctor. He is a much better source of information on this than a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Hehe �� ^ doctors don't generally study pharmacology

I mans others outclass them; I assure you, they have said some wacky things! (Not one Dr has known or even believed that meth methamphetamine is a schedule 2 narcotic and legally prescribed as dextromethamphetamine; not to mention levo-meth being otc- so no, they are not experts, by any means

Have a heart attack or need basic surgery, yes. It isn't an insult by any means; actually a C-PA of all people (older a more experienced) was quite knowledgeable of multiple drug classes - however doctors have to know and study a broad range of medical topics, not to mention their specialties and even sub- specialties - so they generally lack the time or passion to know binding affinities, relative potencies, absorption profiles, solubility, etc. Just the way it is, and probably at least partially why PA's are more common now and a rapidly growing career (presumably RN's too, albeit a lesser extent?)

I found out why I get no high from opiates. I I want to fix this I need to quit oxy for a certain period of time. Due to severe depression it is next to impossible