• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bad tooth issues.....

ThatAmazinChick

Greenlighter
So am i just not very good at making sure i do not get cavities or meth just kill this tooth off? (Smoking meth)like i even brushed my teeth every single time right after smoking and fuck i feel like i have bad breath alllll the time still and granted the tooth broke apart cause i bit down on my metal tongue ring hard when eating gummy worms one day, but it like fell apart hella more after a few years of tweaking... and how soon should i take care of this bad tooth till it like tries to kill me with being able to get poison in my bloodstream to my heart shit that i was told about in elementary school? my memory is shit so i dont remember anything else other than cavities can poison your heart and kill you slightly fast???

NOW. I cracked a tooth literly all they did was fill it up and i went from pain to no pain took all of like thirty minutes only needed novocaine. Its like having a open cutt your just asking for something horrible to happen when all you need is a few stiches.

If it's causing you pain, I would see a dentist soon. They can take an x-ray to tell if the tooth is infected or it's spread
(moving to Healthy Living)

What? cavities can poison you.. no wait a sec, ay. I don't think that cavities has anything to do with the bloodstream, even if it's linked with it a bit, it's just infected as Calderone said, or maybe it a genetic thing which it's inerhited from your family. I remember a buddy of mine which in time all his teeths broke/fell apart for no fuckin reason ( he didn't do meth/heroin).

^Plaque from teeth is thought to do something to the heart (I think). But if you have a decaying tooth, that is a localised infection and it is plausible for it to spread.

OP, I'd be getting it looked at ASAP. I had bad teeth issues too a while back, but the worst issue by was a tooth (far back molar) that crumbled when I was eating raw almonds. I left it for about a year or so and ended up getting it filled (and multiple other teeth too). However, as the cavity and damage was so deep, the dentist couldn't drill away all the decay, and the tooth ended up getting badly infected- absolute fucking agony, incredible intense pain caused by gas in a tiny cavity beneath the filling expanding and putting incredible pressure on the nerve- it is one of the most painful things I can recall, and I took about 900mg of codeine (and 100mg or so of diazepam) which did very little. Actually, it terrifies me to imagine that the opiate did in fact mute the pain; if that is so, I would hate to go through that again. The thing that did help was cold water; I discovered this by accident during my 8hrs of agony- I ended up going to an emergency dentist as it was late on a Saturday night, and he explained that the cold water was causing the gas to contract and release the nerve- this was just before he numbed the fuck out of my mouth and yanked the tooth out. The root itself was pitted and eaten away!

Instant relief though. Fortunately, it as a tooth that I could 'afford' to get removed. Still a traumatic experience, and all because of a drug-induced dental issues, an almond and my inherent laziness. Don't be like me.

Try chewing gum and stuff, saliva production helps to neutralise acids on your teeth. Don't brush too hard, and try to avoid sugary stuff like gummy worms ;)

Last edited:
you may try get some dairy products of the best quality possible, like french cheese or raw organic milk

The likelihood that a cavity will get infected cause a blood infection and spread to your heart in microscopically small, I think you are worrying a little bit too much for no reason.

@swilow: plaque is like a lot of other things in your body, there is different kinds of it. gets in different parts of you in different ways and affects the body differently. but ya plaque in the heart is a killer and some of it comes from the mouth. i got it it due to genetics. strokes, heart attacks and what not.

@shadybraindamage: it's like your bones. some people are born with stronger teeth than others, some weaker. some less enamel, some have more acid from their stomach come up via saliva. genetics sucks sometimes, haha. whatever goes down your throat that the stomach doesn't pass straight through gets distributed via the blood stream. the lungs only exhale bad chemicals and intake fresh air, most of what the body filters and absorbs into itself is actually through the stomach. it's where most of the immune defense is too.

this is why all these soccer moms started getting fanatical about yogurt. i think they took it too far but i eat some regular yogurt weekly and it does some good things. it also helps with teeth cause it's dairy. we can't process dairy as efficiently as we think but it does help. i would say get you some breast milk but it's pretty bitter, your going to have fun trying though, haha.

@ThatAmazinChick: just get it checked out, even if they grind it, fill it, yank it or plane it off. several different kinds of infections, viruses and other things going wrong can happen really quick but not really life threatening. just very painful and uncomfortable. your mouth is dark, moist and hot. that environment is a breeding ground for a lot of nasty stuff. it might not kill you but you'll wish you were dead if pain and infection come on strong enough and last long enough.

it's going to cost more if you don't get it checked out and the roots become a problem. they are more expensive to work on and more can go wrong health wise. nothing like having a piece of bone under the gums where no one can get to it while it sits there and rots over time causing you more suffering and pain. i'm poor, always have been, always will be and i live in america, not a great health care system even when i'm working. try a dental school or programs that offer financial assistance if your low on funds.

certain drugs like meth, coke and mdma come out through the gums in your mouth so brushing AND flossing help keep the wear on teeth from using to a minimal, mouthwash doesn't hurt. the bad breath is a combination of not only mouth and using but the stomach too. it gets heated up, empty with nothing but chemicals in it and it starts eating away at the lining to provides sustenance among other things, smoking cigs makes the breath worse.

water, eating, fruits or vegetables and brushing your teeth help a lot with this and shouldn't interrupt the trip. some people just have bad breath and even though it sucks when they're talking to me i just accept it, i might take a step back but nothing personal, all part of using.

Honestly, I simply cannot advocate flossing enough. I resisted adding it to my daily/nightly routine for fucking ages (that's two mintues I could be . . . not flossing?), now I feel naked and unclean if I haven't.

this is why all these soccer moms started getting fanatical about yogurt. i think they took it too far but i eat some regular yogurt weekly and it does some good things. it also helps with teeth cause it's dairy. we can't process dairy as efficiently as we think but it does help. i would say get you some breast milk but it's pretty bitter, your going to have fun trying though, haha.

Ha You silly chap . . . :D

(Smoking meth)like i even brushed my teeth every single time right after smoking
If meth is corrosive, like citric acid would be to the tooth enemal. To lazy to look myself but be my guest if you feel inclined. A half hour wait preferably a hour between ingestion and brushing seems in place. I am guessing it's the saliva restoring and have no idea how this works out when your mouth is dry as a desert. Xylitol seems also to be contraindicated this first timeperiod after exposure to corrosives which is in a lot of gum.

Maybe apply some CPP-ACP; Casein Phosphopeptide (CPP) are natural occurring molecules which are able to release calcium and phosphate ions and stabilize Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP). This should have beneficial effect on the tooth enamel. It's in Recaldent.

Not only because you use methamphetamine, as some people are natural grinders. Myself and my kids all have bruxisme. The force of your jaws is so incredibly powerful that its bizar some teethgrinders still have them, though not all. This effect is roughly the same for some people when they are on stimulants. I have no idea if my grinding gets influenced by the use of these agent's.

Ask someone who has seen you sleeping if you grind to determine bruxisme and invest in a mouthguard. This goes for natural and stim grinders although for the latter I would advise the cheaper option mouthguard. Like a boxers mouth piece.

My guess is would I have had an mouthguard from childhood my teeth would be in way better condition. And my dracula points would still be on my 3 from the middle teeth.

Look for these indicators area's grinded flat that should be pointy or bulbed. Do you have metal filling I found they excarbated the problem.

Last edited:
Honestly, I simply cannot advocate flossing enough. I resisted adding it to my daily/nightly routine for fucking ages (that's two mintues I could be . . . not flossing?), now I feel naked and unclean if I haven't.

Ha You silly chap . . . :D

Well you could advocate the use of toothpick's for the the places that can take em. Save the floss for the tight ones. That the gospel of my mondhygeinist for whom I have great respect. My previous dentist also praised by me said the same toothpick's everyday floss when to tight.

And don't forget the ease yet importance of toss and wash with water after foods or drinks sweetened and or sour. That's half of the work I recently read.

Last edited:
All of this tooth care is important, and if you absolutely need to tweak again i suggest slamming it and staying very hydrated so that you don't get cotton mouth. Also be careful not to grind your teeth!

Take care.

BTW, i have dental dysplasia, and have had tooth pain since a very early age. Many abscesses, extractions, and now i have denture. So, i feel your pain.

Last edited: