• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Vivitrol precipitated withdrawal

JustAnotherJ

Greenlighter
I've been on vivitrol for 14 solid months, but recently I had some things happen where one of my shots was pushed back a week (they only do them Thursdays) and I made the dumbass decision to use thinking I'd be fine to do it once or twice and then get back on The shot. well, it didn't work out that way at all. so here I am, 3.5 weeks into doing dope again and desperately want to get back on the shot. My situation is only slightly more complicated because I'm on probation so I can't exactly tell anybody without putting myself in the joint. I understand it says 7 to 10 says but I know that's exaggerated. If I were to have used today, based on others personal experience (I can read the label on the box) should I be alright to receive the shot without experience precipitated withdrawal? Thanks for the input everyone!

never done vivitrol, but just based on my experience with opioids I would say prepare for withdrawals.

Try to put as much time between your last use and the shot as possible. I don't think you'll go into full blown p/t withdrawal though from just one use.

I've been using for 3.5 weeks so I know I will go thru typical withdrawal what im worried about is vivitrol sending me BACK in to full blown withdrawal :(

Yeah it'll put you into precipitated withdrawal after that much using

What are you using? Heroin? If so, 10 days is probably not necessary...you might even be ok with less than 7 (though I'm not sure). Less than that and I think you'll have to deal with pWDs.

I found myself in your exact predicament...needed to get off dope long enough to induce on vivitrol but couldn't. I finally bit the bullet and just took some oral naltrexone to get the process started. It fucking sucked. But it worked, kinda.