Bluelight

Thread: Adderall IR seems to be a no-go... Suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Funny thing about Adderall is when I first started taking it, it stopped the racing thoughts and helped with ADHD. The longer I took it, it did just the opposite and gave me racing thoughts all the time. It made me serious because I was overthinking everything going on around me. You become a prisoner of your own mind. Your brain doesn't shut down and you're full of anxiety as well. Moments that should be fun aren't fun anymore because you're busy rationalizing everything instead of just enjoying yourself and feeling real emotions.

It seems like a miracle drug at first, but it's not.

2. Collapse Details

I realize that my previous post was too long so I'm gonna sum it up. Sorry it was so long, I've been struggling with abusing adderall lately.

Basically, MrBacon, are you taking any other meds now or have you recently gotten off of any drugs? In my experience, that can sometimes harshly affect the effects of drugs like ADHD meds and opiates. I'm currently in such a situation where as the strattera is leaving my body, my adderall is becoming more effective. I also had an experience where while taking rexulti, normally opiates wouldn't give me a single damn effect. I found a way to bypass this: snorting roxicodone. I didn't think it would work but it did.

The other part of my post is harder to sum up, but this Rick and Morty quote sums up most of it:
    Beth once asked her dad, "am I evil"? And Rick replied, "Worse, you're smart. When you know nothing matters the universe is yours, and I've never met a universe that was into it. The universe is an animal, it grazes on the ordinary. It creates infinite idiots just to eat them, not unlike your friend Timmy".
    "Tommy", Beth replied.
    "
    Yeah hardly matters now sweety. You know, smart people get a chance to climb on top and take reality for a ride but it'll never stop trying to throw you. And eventually it will, there's no other way off"
    Take from that what you will. I referenced another Rick and Morty scene that I was essentially talking about to make this point: you seem to really value being intelligent.

And here's a helpful suggestion to get you out of your head: go do some photography, or bird-watching, or hiking or something, and just start LOOKING at the world around you. You'll start to appreciate it a lot more, and it'll really help you get out of your out head, speaking from experience.

My final point is that you seem to be stressing about your genius-ness. To put it plainly and not in a super long post, there's nothing wrong with you. So you over-evaluate things and can't pin down your conditions. I say the following as a compatriot, not to be condescending: welcome to the club. Sometimes it sucks being a hyper-attentive genius, but it's not as abnormal as you think. Nothing that you say can make me think otherwise. Everyone's special. Which also means that no one's special.

And finally I have a challenge for you, since you seem to understand things just by looking at them. My very wise uncle and I were once arguing and he stopped me abruptly and said, "look, you can be right, or you can be happy". I challenge you to explain to me what that means, cause in over five years I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12