• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Weed ... for Energy?

b0n3z

Greenlighter
The title seems self-contradictory, when you consider the conventional wisdom and classic (cliche) image of someone using weed. However, I've asked a few people I know about this, and Google of course seems to provide some helpful answers (claims were that sativa strains could have this effect), but figured I'd ask here.

Are there strains of weed that give you more of an energy rush/high, and maybe motivate one to IDK clean their house or do more active things than sitting around?

Honest, legitimate question from someone who has only ever taken a few drags, and found more than anything that I became nauseous and tired, but I understand there are lots of different strains and types of product. Thanks for any comments.

- b

You could try surfing Leafly for strains that are "Energetic." My favorite strain is silver haze, which I always found to be an assistant to acitivity. On Leafly though, it's listed as only somewhat "energetic." So YMMV.

In my personal experience the best way to avoid the somnolent properties of weed is to dose lower and combine with a healthy serving of caffeine.

Caffeine always helps, but some strains do get my head buzzing and I start pacing because I'm so focused on a thought lol. Anything Jack Herer related I find to be stimulating. Though I've seen people giving jack shit lately, I disagree and still love a lot of the crosses like Critical Jack and Lemon Jack. Most common though are Haze and Diesels for stimulation.

Sativa strains, strains high in THC, always gave me a very speedy high with a extremely high amount of anxiety and extreme hyperfocusing. Only after 2-3 hours of high energy did it become sedative for me.

I stay up til 5am regularly smoking weed (no uppers ATM I'm on kratom maintinence for opiate addiction though.)

Indica, sativa, don't matter.

I have not 100% normal brain chemistry (regularly get hypomanic, ADHD etc)

It used to give me energy now it just relaxes me if I take to much though I'm barely functional so I like to take it at night time of roll a little one skin I feel like my dad cus he used to say the same thing lol

i find most strains energizing if i toke in the morning. at night near my bedtime they all put me down down down

IME sativa strains give more energy and motivations than other strains.