• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How do you use dxm to potenitatine codeine

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS TO ANOTHER SECTION IT WILL BE CLOSED BY THE MODS FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY SCAVENGING LITTLE PIRANHA'S

Before I begin I want to say this only happened once other times I've used codeine and dxm it's worked fine I'm very experienced with codeine and dhc but I'm still a bit new to dxm.

so the other day I figured I'd get a bit lean and had approx 160-175 mg of dxm the after I could feel it fully kicking in I had my usual codeine dose probably around 350-600 mg i can't remember but I do remember feeling as though they dxm had overwhelmed the codeine which was annoying as I was under the impression the codeine being an opiate would over take the high and synergise with the dxm but instead I just had a rather disappointing experience but perhaps I didn't do it right am I supposed to take the codeine first let the high start to peak then take dxm or something like that? Any helpful tips with these two drugs would be much appreciated.

Taking 160-175mg of DXM when your seeking to potentiate just the codeine trip and not the DXM high is a little too much. This would explain why you felt the way you did (DXM overriding the codeine high you were seeking).

I would reduce your dose to about 60-90mg of DXM and your regular amount of codeine. Sounds like a silly and insignificant dose of DXM, but it is strong when it comes to potentiating codeine.

Conversely, if your seeking to potentiate the DXM using codeine use the regular dose DXM for the plateau your seeking (however I wouldn't go past the 2nd because of the respiratory depression risk with opiates and DXM combined) and a very small amount of codeine. However, I have heard that trying to potentiate the DXM high using codeine doesn't have much of a noticable difference and is not worth the extra nausea that ensues.

I would look at this thread as well ----> (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/748465-Codeine-DXM-INFO)

Stay safe and have a nice trip :)

However, I am by no means an 'expert' on this topic so I hope others will enlighten you on this subject as well.

Oh, and consider taking an anti-histamine as well unless you want to be itching ferociously the entire trip......

Does anyone in the UK know if they still sell the supermarket generic brand of dxm syrup with only dxm in the syrup I'm not asking for sources or how to get I just want to know if it's worth having a look around etc.

I don't know about the UK, but I know quite a bit about the US (and maybe they are similar?)

The only brands of syrup containing DXM solely are Vicks 44 formulation (DXM Hbr; I don't recommend this syrup), and the usual Delsym (DXM poly). However, there are these new little Robotussin cough gels that are quite nice. They are small and each bottle contains 300mg of DXM Hbr.

I personally like 500mg of DXM poly (aka one Delsym) and then 600mg of DXM Hbr from the cough gels about 2 hours after taking Delsym to boost the trip. I like the sloowwww come up, come down, and afterglow . However, not everybody is about that 12 hour trip haha. I personally enjoy very much a poly and Hbr cocktail. I've had the least amount of nausea this way, especially after taking a Dramamine.

I don't know about the UK, but I know quite a bit about the US (and maybe they are similar?)

The only brands of syrup containing DXM solely are Vicks 44 formulation (DXM Hbr; I don't recommend this syrup), and the usual Delsym (DXM poly). However, there are these new little Robotussin cough gels that are quite nice. They are small and each bottle contains 300mg of DXM Hbr.

I personally like 500mg of DXM poly (aka one Delsym) and then 600mg of DXM Hbr from the cough gels about 2 hours after taking Delsym to boost the trip. I like the sloowwww come up, come down, and afterglow . However, not everybody is about that 12 hour trip haha. I personally enjoy very much a poly and Hbr cocktail. I've had the least amount of nausea this way, especially after taking a Dramamine.
are they called cough gels or do I have to ask for something else I just did a google search and couldn't find anything I just want to know if I'm wasting my money on benylin dry cough which has dxm and sugar and ethanol the sugar isn't to much I can down the bottle and it has about 225 mg of dxm which with the ethanol and produces a nice state of analgisea if I'm lucky it combines with codeine and enhances it but it's not n miss, sometimes it seems to block the codeine and overwhelm the codeine high it seems their is more to it than simply taking them together probably a dose ratio of something.

are they called cough gels or do I have to ask for something else I just did a google search and couldn't find anything I just want to know if I'm wasting my money on benylin dry cough which has dxm and sugar and ethanol the sugar isn't to much I can down the bottle and it has about 225 mg of dxm which with the ethanol and produces a nice state of analgisea if I'm lucky it combines with codeine and enhances it but it's not n miss, sometimes it seems to block the codeine and overwhelm the codeine high it seems their is more to it than simply taking them together probably a dose ratio of something.

Nope, they are certainly called cough gels. Here is a picture for reference:

71W5b7wfiKL._SY355_.jpg

However, there's something even better than getting 'em at the store. Look up 'Robafen' on Amazon. They are the SAME exact thing as the Robitussin gels, just off brand and MUCH cheaper. 30mg in a pill without any extra additives. You can order like 6 bottles for a good price ($29ish). 300mg DXM Hbr per bottle. This has been my favorite way to get my DXM fix. So long are the days of receiving looks from drug store cashiers!

However, remember the golden DXM rule:
"1 week rest per plateau"

Happy safe trippin'!

Err I just popped in my pharmacy and asked for the robitussin cough gels and they didn't know what I was on about what country was you referring to ashworth do you know if they sell them in the uk?