• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Keeping my use from my parents

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
I live with my parents and I?ve tried several methods to prevent them from knowing I?ve picked up again. One is to burn candles or incense to cover the crack smell (which can be quite strong as my room is small.) I?ve hidden my stash where they will never look as it?s in my bag of my old strlpper clothes from college (yes I stripped my way through college and yes there are people who actually do that.) they?d prefer to forget that occupation of mine, so they won?t go through that. Additionally I?ve got one of those room refreshers that plugs in an alternates the smell. I blow out the window and I have a good excuse for a burnt smell when I smoke resin because I accidentally sat on one of my vapes and burned the coil. If I change the coil now, the fluid will leak out the sides so I?ve just gotta finish it. Also, I doubt they know what crack smells like. I have a vape pen that has weed in it and they?re fine with weed. Covers the smell great. I lock the door briefly while taking a hit and I always leave a note why - on the phone, can?t be distracted (I?m deaf so I use the video phone and no I don?t have an actual call when I do it cuz of webcam. In fact I close my computer completely when dosing due to paranoia about webcam left open for some reason.) I also close the blinds, take a hit only in the closet (from which they couldn?t see me from the door) and if I exhale when they come in I just say I was vaping. Different vape fluids have different smells so they wouldn?t know. They?ve never done crack. I think mom suspects cuz she saw a crack pipe once, but first I don?t know if she knows what it is (I have many different vapes with different parts, so she could have chalked it up to that. But more than that my parents have been to Al-Anon meetings, which teach you you have no control over the actions of the addict. You can support them, but you have to think of your own sanity first.

I feel sad I?m hurting my family, but while I go to AA and I try, I always relapse. I can GET sober - I just can?t STAY sober. The longest period was 2.5 years. The last chapter of the big book is me: ?I used to cope with sobriety? (paraphrased.) that?s me. I feel happier sober, but I hit a speed bump and all of a sudden I need my drug. I at least try to utilize harm reduction. Since acquiring better supplies and etiz, I?ve been able to manage my heart rate. It?s my lungs I?m worried about. I know this will catch up to me someday. But I?m just powerless over this demon.

Sorry so down tonight.

You need to find something worth more to you than crack...like a career, school l, sports or SO that doesn't use. Then you throw yourself into that thing so deep that you won't even have time to use. Up Early mornings to work or train. And sleep early because you have to wake up early to work or train. No days off.

Quitting a drug "just because" it's bad for you doesn't really work well for us addicts.

You need to find something worth more to you than crack...like a career, school l, sports or SO that doesn't use. Then you throw yourself into that thing so deep that you won't even have time to use. Up Early mornings to work or train. And sleep early because you have to wake up early to work or train. No days off.

I do the same.

Last edited:
i think you should respect their rules and not use in their house. use outside of it if you must, but setting that boundary can teach you some self control

Yes but I?m paranoid about doing it anywhere except home

I don't know if you are still going through this issue, OP, but I feel you so much right now. I was homeless for a few years and due to both that and health reasons am currently living with my parents. And I so fucking scared shitless all the time of being made homeless again.

They will find out they probably already suspect parent know if your lucky they won't give a shit if your unlucky well I feel bad or you all I'm saying