• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cigarettes ACTUALLY end my weed high?

imnotcreative

Greenlighter
So many months ago, I had tried my first cigarette while baked. It weakened the fuck out of the effects to the point of where I wasn't high anymore. This has happened every time I've tried a cigarette and weed at the same time. I also have never felt anything from a cig besides a slight increase in concentration. I'd rather try vaping nicotine (to see if it works better and because it's way better health-wise), but I've not gotten the chance.

I always thought cigarettes ruined a weed high too. Most pointless drug ever.

So many months ago, I had tried my first cigarette while baked. It weakened the fuck out of the effects to the point of where I wasn't high anymore. This has happened every time I've tried a cigarette and weed at the same time. I also have never felt anything from a cig besides a slight increase in concentration. I'd rather try vaping nicotine (to see if it works better and because it's way better health-wise), but I've not gotten the chance.

Don't even bother, my guy. If you don't like nicotine, don't force it onto yourself.

It's not even that a cigarette boosts the high, really... for me, it just satisfies a nicotine craving and I feel better. Nicotine cravings aren't a good thing. Don't aim for addiction, especially with cigarettes. The cons always outweigh the pros when it comes to tobacco.

I am not a regular smoker, so not physically addicted I presume. When I smoke weed till I am high, takes a little time to come up unlike tobacco.

And then have a toke with tobacco mixed, the actives in the plant plus the nicotin totally overpower the weed/ thc. Gives a u turn to the whole experience pushing the high to the background. Feels way different and I look different too, way more wasted. That is my experience. I don't think the combo is bad persee, though my lungs hate me for it. But the effects are modulated in a way leading to a more functional high. Also lessens the anxiety/ paranoia, as if my conciousness is narrowed after the expanding effects of thc.

Almost forgot to mention nicotin gum didn't have this effect and oral cytisine only day 1 and to a lesser extend. If what I experienced the first few day's on cytisine wasn't placebo or ....

Cytisine btw is in a smoking cessation supplement. But in nature it's found in the Laburnum anagyroides or golden rain. Great aid that actually worked wonderfull.

Last edited:
Cigarettes ruin every high/buzz for me, not just weed. Makes the cannabis high messy and less enjoyable. It also decreases my kratom buzzes by about 85%.

I agree, with weed I think the nicotine kills. Though most other drugs make me want to vape like crazy lol

No, unless you really, really believe cigarettes will cancel out your weed high. The placebo effect: Remember that it's all in your head!

I’m a heavy smoker smoking a pack a day, I’ve never had ciggeretes or any nicotine product ruin my high. Maybe the buzz knocks you off. If your not addicted already I wouldn’t continue to smoke. But if you want nicotine I’d try vaping and see how that feels. Goodluck

Never been able to back tobacco don't understand how anyone could smoke more than one fag a day never mind 10 or 20.. It makes me so sick of i have to much it's not even funny only if it's with weed.

No, unless you really, really believe cigarettes will cancel out your weed high. The placebo effect: Remember that it's all in your head!
It most certainly doesn't kill it just adds a u turn but as the tobacco leaves your system you return to being high. At least I never came out sober just more red eyed.

I think tobacco adds a lot to the high. That is mostly because I am British and 99% of people smoke it with tobacco in a spliff. I find the high kicks in quicker. This is more addictive (the combo)and unfortunately so my teenagers I've seen get addicted to the mixture and they think they are hooked on just weed. A study should be conducted on this.

I used to put it 70/30 tobacco/weed but I can't handle that much tobacco anymore I use the opposite ratio now if I could afford to I would smoke pure I aint had a nice pure one in ages.. I never got on with cigarettes just don't like them they make me feel sick and anxious..

Pure just isn't the same. I like a nice hefty 50/50 tobacco/weed mix. It just feels like something is missing without tobacco.

No that's the tobacco addiction tricking you plus if you don't roll it right it won't burn evenly I love a nice pure zuggy I hate tobacco though and don't smoke so maybe that has something to do with it I used to try smoking but it just makes me to sick a split can make me cough my guts up but then I get high so it's worth it tobacco on the other hand just makes me feel slugglish and sick and it doesn't go away like with weed I hate tobbacco.

nicotine increases drug metabolism, i.e. certain benzodiazepines, caffeine, etc.

I think tobacco adds a lot to the high. That is mostly because I am British and 99% of people smoke it with tobacco in a spliff. I find the high kicks in quicker. This is more addictive (the combo)and unfortunately so my teenagers I've seen get addicted to the mixture and they think they are hooked on just weed. A study should be conducted on this.

This. Unfortunately it was smoking joints that got me addicted to tobacco way back in the mists of time. However, judging by my daughter and her peer group, neat spliffs seem to be the norm these days. Tbh, I can't handle them - they hurt my chest and throat and get me far too stoned far too quickly. Give me a hash and baccy joint any day of the week...