• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How come when I nod out i don't get any visuals or dreams

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
I was talking to my mate before he went work an hour ago and he told me about this time he took loads of codeine for toothache and he ended up nodding out but then he went on about how he had these amazing dreams that felt like he was in heaven and I realized I've never had this not even on my first highs I actually like to do stuff instead of nod so I will always choose productivity over nodding (as long as I'm nice and relaxed anyway)? but now I want to try to get in this dream state that everyone hypes about got any tips for me?

I'm hesitant to suggest more codeine because your tolerance is going to get jacked up. If your goal is to nod then you can look into potentiators. I've been using gabapentin and muscle relaxants due to surgery but antihistamines will do the trick too. This idea was touched upon in your other thread. I'm going to move this over to Drug Culture for you.

(Mods, can you merge with How to Get the Most out of Opiate High? thanks)

I'm an opiate addict (on kratom maintainence until it's banned probably, which I see happening within 3 months) and haven't enjoyed nodding in like 12 years when I was opiate naive. To me a nod just means I'm getting nothing done, not desirable.

I'm definitely a degenerate but getting high is not my #1 goal in life so losing several hours to a nod is bad to me.

This only happened to me very, very early on in my opiate career. The very first time I got a nod on a high dose of morphine I basically tripped. After that experience though it only happened again maybe 3 times, and each time was fragmented and hard to remember.

You basically have to be a first timer or an IV user from some of my friends' experiences (which I'm not recommending, you can't shoot codeine anyways).

Hey but gospel I never had that even on my first few times and I even remember ever so clearly that stiff warm bone feeling laying on the couch and chilling and I guess nodding BUT I've never had any visuals and I was as high as you can get basically do you think dhc might be able to get me nod?

Hey but gospel I never had that even on my first few times and I even remember ever so clearly that stiff warm bone feeling laying on the couch and chilling and I guess nodding BUT I've never had any visuals and I was as high as you can get basically do you think dhc might be able to get me nod?

I don't have any experience with DHC so I couldn't really say. Hypothetically speaking if your tolerance is low and you use something a little stronger like that then *maybe*, but I'm not recommending that. Rules and whatnot.

I don't have any experience with DHC so I couldn't really say. Hypothetically speaking if your tolerance is low and you use something a little stronger like that then *maybe*, but I'm not recommending that. Rules and whatnot.
well I'd like to say that was useful but it wasnt

Try tapentadol...it's has this hallicinogenic far beyond any traditional opioids .

It has snri activity which probably accounts for the extra hallucinogenicity

i never got any visuals from opiates but i did dream on them. i thought that was normal

Envoy, dreaming is normal.

you thought devilsgospel didn't help?

Here, when you nod you become asleep; hence prone to visuals. (well really when your asleep they are just dreams). Sometimes you might be in that sweetspot between nod and awake and have 2-4 second dreams that easily could be confused with visuals.

Since nodding seems unacceptable to you take a tab of acid with your opiates and try and find a balance. That was not advice don't do that.

Your friend is simply having vivid dreams. Can't have those awake.

During many years of heroin addiction I never had any dreams or visuals while nodding (or doing anything else related to being high). I've always assumed that some of the legend about morphine-induced dreaming (hence the name morphine) was hyperbolic. I never branched out much into other opioids--maybe morphine or in this case codeine--is 'dreamier' than heroin. But for me, that was just never a thing.

Well since cutting down and adding promethazine I have I think been nodding out I'm just keeping my use to once or twice a day any more than that and my tolerance will blast off like a rocket at the moment it's effecting me nice and strong I had 750 mg the other night and my stomach was going on like I took to much smack I had to force some really clingy acidic vomit up but after that it felt quite nice since taking them hat dose I am trying 256 mg tonight then another 128 mg if needed I shouldn't need any more than that

It's not uncommon to enter dreams while on the nod. I've experienced it many times. Also common is briefly entering a dream state from consciousness, then returning to consciousness disoriented from a dream environment. I've had stuff like that happen. Usually in the form of thinking someone has said something or asked a question, that I've then answered only the realize they never said anything. I'd just rapidly entered a dream state, dreamt the question, then reawoke and answered it.

These experiences can be similar to hallucinations, but they're ultimately dreams. I've only experienced it when seriously on the nod.

And it's worth noting that benzos inhibit dreaming. So if you're taking benzos it's probably less likely to happen.

a few factors. dose and sleep deprivation, additional drugs.

first factor: if you dose too low, the nod won't be deep enough or occur at all. too high, and you'll simply go to "sleep." so it's gotta be that non-overdosey, non-bitch dose. hard to get right.

second factor: in my opinion more important. it's far easier to dream if you have some sleep dep. the more you have, the easier it will be to dream/nodcinate.

last: fewer additional drugs will most likely mean better recall. on benzodiazepines (banjodiazepines, sorry)? cut that shit. alcohol during your sesh? won't help. in general, the fewer drugs aside from the opioid/opiate, the better. there are some that might help, but it's better to KISS.

try to be energized when starting off. if you're tired before you get high, that nod will turn into a sleepy rest. if you're not ready for sleep, you'll snap out of the nod in a more awake state and better able to start the recall process.

Nice I have defo experienced the nod but I've heard stories of mates and families of seeing some amazing surreal shit as I'm sure a lot of people here have the closest I've had to this was about 750 mg of codeine i had to lay down and I still threw up but when I closed my eyes I imagined my bedroom and everything around me and it seemed so happy and jolly(in my head) everyone was my best friend family who I normally argue with would be super peaceful it's sort of hard to explain but I defo experienced it i may have missed out more when in first did codeine but it felt so nice then like so nice I didn't need to nod I've always been very sensitive to codeine i just woke up an hour ago and have a nice afterglow from yesterday but it don't feel like it used to and I don't want to go on stronger ones because codeine so easy for me to get I always end up taking had my prescription the first two days which is 1500 mg

It's not uncommon to enter dreams while on the nod. I've experienced it many times. Also common is briefly entering a dream state from consciousness, then returning to consciousness disoriented from a dream environment. I've had stuff like that happen. Usually in the form of thinking someone has said something or asked a question, that I've then answered only the realize they never said anything. I'd just rapidly entered a dream state, dreamt the question, then reawoke and answered it.

These experiences can be similar to hallucinations, but they're ultimately dreams. I've only experienced it when seriously on the nod.

And it's worth noting that benzos inhibit dreaming. So if you're taking benzos it's probably less likely to happen.
Oh well I have defo nodded several times then

The way I've always understood the word, nodding is simply that state when you're really high on opioids and as a result are right on the edge of falling asleep and waking up. As a result, you can easily find yourself falling asleep for a moment, dreaming something, then reawakening. So the line between what's really happening and what you're dreaming can become unclear.

In that way, it's a little like hallucinating. But ultimately it's not. It's just dreaming.

A very similar state can happen from being awake for long periods of time without sleep. Only in that case you don't have your opioid warmth and euphoria.

That's all nodding is. I've never heard of anyone experiencing true hallucinations or what I would call visuals from opioid.

I agree with what JessFR is saying.

a few factors. dose and sleep deprivation, additional drugs.

first factor: if you dose too low, the nod won't be deep enough or occur at all. too high, and you'll simply go to "sleep." so it's gotta be that non-overdosey, non-bitch dose. hard to get right.

second factor: in my opinion more important. it's far easier to dream if you have some sleep dep. the more you have, the easier it will be to dream/nodcinate.

last: fewer additional drugs will most likely mean better recall. on benzodiazepines (banjodiazepines, sorry)? cut that shit. alcohol during your sesh? won't help. in general, the fewer drugs aside from the opioid/opiate, the better. there are some that might help, but it's better to KISS.

try to be energized when starting off. if you're tired before you get high, that nod will turn into a sleepy rest. if you're not ready for sleep, you'll snap out of the nod in a more awake state and better able to start the recall process.

I realized while rereading this post that I offered contradictory advice (having some sleep dep vs. being energized)

If your dose is higher, being energized prior to getting high will help you snap out of the nod more often, offering more chances. If your dose is lower, then some sleep dep will help start that nod and encourage the creative dreamy juices. It's all a delicate mix of factors, which is of course why it's pretty tough to get right sometimes.