• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Dysphoria or Feeling Weird After Panic/Anxiety Attack

SheWasLvL18

Bluelight Crew
Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has felt a noticeable change in their mood for the next few days after a panic attack?

I had never had a panic attack in my life until two days ago. I was shaking, my heart was racing, and I thought I was having a seizure/dying. Since then I have felt unmotivated, quiet, and afraid. The day after I had a panic attack as well and today I almost had one again, but was able to calm down by petting my dog. I have found myself unable to enjoy cannabis since the panic attack, which is very strange for me as I am a daily smoker, I've also lost motivation to do the things I normally enjoy. I don't know if the panic attack was caused by the cannabis, but I believe it played a part as each time I've smoked this specific batch I can't use much and I get in a weird head space. I can't stress enough how strange this is, I have a very large tolerance to cannabis. I've dabbed entire grams before and taken 1000mg edibles so it's not the quantity of the cannabis.

TL;DR: Is it normal to feel "out of it" after a panic attack?

Edit: I wish I could get benzos to help with this, but I am afraid of the rebound anxiety they might cause. Also I used benzos recreationally in the past so I don't want to go back to that time

Last edited:
This I haven't heard of, but I can imagine that, especially how you describe it, it can take a toll. That would follow, hmm?

A lot of people smoke daily for years and years without issue, then one day freak out and it never becomes like it used to. I'd tread softly if you want to use it again, but can't say it's a good idea to do so at all.

Benzos will not help. They might mask some of the issue, but in the end, things become that much more tied up and complicated. A breathing technique or meditation is significantly more healthy. And abstinence with any substance associated with that attack. It's your health, and even sanity, after all.

Klonopin was the only thing that made my dysphoria go away. Now due to circumstances and even more shit and loss and pain in my life i am in a constant state of chronic pain dissociation and dysphoria because of what has been stolen from me and now a placebo. No. There was no fucking benzo dangers. Trolls. No backlash anxiety worse than an unlived life. What the fuck. I just know i need to stop wanting to be saved by a suicidal gesture and the next time just do it. Cant tell anyone.

Absolutely. I've had them my entire life and afterwards it feels like I've been put through a meat grinder. My stomach doesn't settle for a good 24 hours. I'm completely drained but at the same time too unnerved to sleep. Every little sensation makes me feel as though I'm about to have another one. (It never happens though.)

Yes, I know *exactly* what you're going through and I'm very sorry that you've had to experience it. I've had them in class, during job interviews, on dates, at the dentist, stuck in traffic, staff meetings and just about any other place you can imagine. I've even had them at home.

Luckily, there are countless ways of controlling them: Talk therapy, certain medications, meditation, nutritional supplements, exercise, biofeedback and the list goes on. Unfortunately I'm not a doctor and everyone has different things that work on them, so I can't really suggest anything specific.

But yes, it is perfectly normal to feel like you've been through a war after a panic attack, because in a way you have... with your own mind!

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer
:D