• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

33 days clean&sober

jasperkent

Bluelighter
So once again I crashed and burned but somehow crawled into a treatment center. 28 days in rehab, the first 7 of which were medical detox.

Feeling better now, though my brain is still foggy. Going to intensive outpatient (Matrix program) with a great counselor and attending AA/NA every day. Also hooked up with 2 former counselors, so I have a lot of support. I am extremely grateful to all of them, as I need all the help I can get. I've been a chronic relapser for 30 years. At 59, I'm getting way too old for this shit.

To anyone in recovery I say this: It's much easier to stay sober than to get sober, and it gets harder and harder as you get older.

Best wishes to everyone!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Thank you for sharing that with us Jasper! It sounds like you have some quality resources at your disposal. Don't stop now my friend! The journey is just beginning.

So once again I crashed and burned but somehow crawled into a treatment center. 28 days in rehab, the first 7 of which were medical detox.

Feeling better now, though my brain is still foggy. Going to intensive outpatient (Matrix program) with a great counselor and attending AA/NA every day. Also hooked up with 2 former counselors, so I have a lot of support. I am extremely grateful to all of them, as I need all the help I can get. I've been a chronic relapser for 30 years. At 59, I'm getting way too old for this shit.

To anyone in recovery I say this: It's much easier to stay sober than to get sober, and it gets harder and harder as you get older.

Best wishes to everyone!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Thanks for sharing. Yes and the high ain't the same either. I'm 30 days into my sobriety, I can definitely see benefits in staying sober but I miss the odd buzz.

The reality is though just because I am an addict it doesn't mean I need to use. I keep on telling myself this.

So it goes...

Thanks for your support.
Hang in there, folks.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised. We only have today, so make the best of it.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Good for you Jasper!!!!

You're doing so well, very proud of you!!! Please be kind and patient with yourself, this is a great thing you're doing!!!

I see that you have great support IRL and you have all of us here... You can do this!!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
here for you anytime,
Ashley.

Best wishes to everyone!

Peace&Love,
jasper

Thank you!

50 days clean&sober.

I've had only one serious craving (I was stressed out over something that ended up resolving itself) but I "played the tape all the way through," did some deep breathing, took a walk, and called my sponsor. The obsession passed within an hour. Feeling great today and that is good because today is all I have for sure.

I love you all and hope you are well.

Serenity,
jasper

What other people think of me is none of my damn business. ;)

That's awesome to hear Jasper, keep up the great work my friend!!

Here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ashley.

Thank you!

50 days clean&sober.

I've had only one serious craving (I was stressed out over something that ended up resolving itself) but I "played the tape all the way through," did some deep breathing, took a walk, and called my sponsor. The obsession passed within an hour. Feeling great today and that is good because today is all I have for sure.

Serenity,
jasper

Congratulations on 50 days!

Even just one day without using at all is a huge accomplishment and to do that 50 days in a row and still have a good attitude is so awesome! Things like this motivates myself to keep pushing forward into sobriety because like you said, it's easier to stay sober than get sober and it becomes increasingly difficult every time so it's best to stay the course!

Good job Jasper. I'm so glad you found your way back to sobriety. You're doing a great job.

Also congrats on not using when you were stressing out. That's what seems to get me every time. It's like in a split-second I'm off to the races again if I get really stressed and upset.

Thanks for the words of wisdom regarding staying sober is easier than getting sober That is so so true.

Keep up the good work my friend. ?❤️

Thank you!

50 days clean&sober.

Serenity,
jasper

I highlighted my favorite part. Congratulations on today!

Hi everybody!

60 days and relatively serene. I am so grateful that I do not have to use today.

Hope you all are well.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times." -- Mark Twain

You're so awesome jasper!!!! Good for you, happy to hear this and so proud of you!!!

your friend,
Ash.

Hi everybody!

60 days and relatively serene. I am so grateful that I do not have to use today.

Hope you all are well.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times." -- Mark Twain

Thanks, folks. I appreciate your support. Even one day clean&sober is a miracle for me and I sure as hell could not have done it alone.

I am so grateful that I don't have to use today!

Hope you all are well and happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." -- Steven Wright

Your the man . Keep looking ahead and remember that you never want to go back . You've reached your level of " growing balls "and telling drugs " F you ". Get out and enjoy life now .

Keep it up and just take it one day at a time my man.
Recovery is like learning to ride a bike. If you fall, just get right back up and keep going.
You got this!

"Do or do not, there is no try" -- Yoda

Thanks again.

I love you all.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"The thing about the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." -- Rita Rudner

Love back to you my dear friend jasper.

here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

Thanks again.

I love you all.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"The thing about the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." -- Rita Rudner