• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

LTC from MDMA? WTF?

Interesting look into history.

Drug use is becoming less stigmatised very slowly, especially among certain groups, but surely with the "just say no" thing at full force doing drugs would be considered far more rebellious than it is now, thereby cooler?

As you've said these days it's more a rite of passage especially at uni. That if anything makes it less cool. It's not all taboo anymore, it's just what people do. Nothing particularly cool about that. No one bats an eye if you smoke weed and do a bit of coke on the weekend.

Doing shit considered taboo by mainstream society is always what's been considered "cool."

Interesting look into history.

Drug use is becoming less stigmatised very slowly, especially among certain groups, but surely with the "just say no" thing at full force doing drugs would be considered far more rebellious than it is now, thereby cooler?

As you've said these days it's more a rite of passage especially at uni. That if anything makes it less cool. It's not all taboo anymore, it's just what people do. Nothing particularly cool about that. No one bats an eye if you smoke weed and do a bit of coke on the weekend.

Doing shit considered taboo by mainstream society is always what's been considered "cool."

Not really arguing about what is or isn't cool mate, just saying that drug use these days is much more prevalent among people that traditionally wouldn't have been attracted to it.

When I was at university 2006-08, there were otherwise intelligent adults who seriously believed that MDMA is stored in the top of your spine...

And that sniffing coke through the right nostril was more effective than using the left. People read things on the internet and convince themselves it's true. Brits can be deluded too.

But on the whole in the UK we tend to give less fucks about this sort of thing and just get on with the business of getting mashed, like the wreckheads we are <3

When I was at university 2006-08, there were otherwise intelligent adults who seriously believed that MDMA is stored in the top of your spine...

And that sniffing coke through the right nostril was more effective than using the left. People read things on the internet and convince themselves it's true. Brits can be deluded too.

But on the whole in the UK we tend to give less fucks about this sort of thing and just get on with the business of getting mashed, like the wreckheads we are <3

Heh, there was a similar myth when I was at college in the early 80s about LSD. Apparently, it accumulates in the spinal cord and if you get someone to 'crack your back' (whatever the fuck that means) you start tripping again. Needless to say, I didn't fall for it. It had the same plausability as saying god exists...

I've had my back cracked loads of times and I've never tripped :(

That's to manipulate your spine to put it back in alignment, not some sexual back passage innuendo or other shit

I've had my back cracked loads of times and I've never tripped :(

That's to manipulate your spine to put it back in alignment, not some sexual back passage innuendo or other shit

Yeh, we believe you Arnold ;)

UK has always had that keep calm and move on attitude, America doesn't
Those r some shocking test results, I too want to know WTF was that 'chemist' doing

I have seen this phenomenon quite a lot on here and really find it hard to believe, I am not saying people are all lying but some are putting all there problems down to one E which is ludicrous, I personally know people who have had 10 year crack and heroin use that get clean and have less to moan about.

I think that some of the people would have had these same problems even if they didn't take Ecstasy, it's young people today they seen a very temperamental and become overwhelmed at the littlest hiccup.

That's because most of them grew up being told they were special and never had to deal with any disappointment.

I've come to the conclusion that these people are so brainwashed with anti drug propaganda that they actually expect to be severely brain damaged after one 'roll'. Have you seen the list of supplements that some of them take? Must cost a fuckin fortune! They expect to have serious problems so that's what they get. It's fuckin beyond me... :\

^ placebo is a motherfucker... word.

i'm joking but being serious in a lot of what i've said on the topic. i grew up between the tough love nuts and the love you for anything you do fanatics. it's too polarized, i think moderation is the key.

empathy means you understand and share where sympathy is more like pitying them but both are true and share a common definition. i don't say i don't feel bad for those who truly do suffer, some didn't have it coming to them because of things like someone trying to make some extra spending money without having concern for their own safety as far as law enforcement goes as well as the safety or return customer clientele. but for the rest well... i'm not going full bore here. just sticking to what is.

so there are multiple things to consider: genetics, what drugs are cut with, what they are made with, the general psyche of human nature, biology, chemistry, tolerance, so on and so on.

i'm constantly walking a line. i hear people say marijuana isn't dangerous and spout of facts or generalizations to support this which are half truths to make the whole lies easier to digest. like people who drink and drive cause accidents and deaths but stoners don't. wrong! falling asleep behind the wheel is possible under the influence of both. sure your more likely to smoke yourself sober than you are to o.d. by smoking so much you poison yourself. and yes in a way marijuana is way less harmful than drinking or other drugs but it also causes cancer. anything you smoke and inhale is likely to cause cancer and smoking flower in an apparatus is the most harmful of the ways to smoke marijuana as it has more tar than cigarettes does - resin builds up inside a piece and you have to scrape it out in order to smoke more when it gets too clogged.

here's the kicker on that line. so many people in the usa are saying ya, legalize weed and it's good for you and i can handle my drugs. well so many are going to the E.R. with drug induced psychosis and getting slapped with mental illness labels while getting psych meds shoved down their throat it's not even funny.

the dangers of taking any drug regardless of potency are real. i've had a panic attack, an anxiety attack and a drug induced psychosis from smoking marijuana myself. i didn't check into the E.R. because i know that's what drugs do to you and if it's not life threatening it doesn't make sense to go to the E.R. for multiple practical, rational and personal reasons. i rode it out and was just fine.

bottom line people have no idea what drugs do to them until they have experience with them, forget that drugs are drugs no matter their potency, that drugs take you for a ride but you enjoy it and also that in today's world they don't know much of anything.

when a bunch of people complain about suffering from it i can relate, but when a bunch of idgits run around thinking nothing can go wrong and then permanently screw themselves well i feel bad, i really do but you failed to prepare so that's on you. that's the purpose of sites like this, i didn't have the luxury of awareness and harm reduction sites. i got drugs forced onto me at a young age and no one said word one to me about any of it, just here do this. it wasn't until later when i did more hardcore drugs that i got pampered with people who have done them before and even still i was the one pulling people out of the fire. this isn't about me, it's about relating my experience to inform those who try drugs to be smart and safe about it as much as one can be.

if your affluent then my suggestion is stay off drugs your going to hurt yourself in ways that damage you worse than physical ways.

so i agree with you but i also believe they brought it upon themselves if there are things that weren't involved like bad batches and what not.

Last edited:
@Bob Funkhouse: my post was intense and not intended to be mean.

instead of editing it or deleting it i'm gonna leave it as is because there is some truth to it that people would benefit from in understanding for themselves outside of the is he being too soft or too harsh approach.

i also admit a lot of it could be said better and more effectively but right now i got my own trial (both that and a symptom of my condition make it hard to express a better sentiment at this time) to go through and there are people who could express it better than i could who i hope would in the near future.

all for the benefit of people keeping or preventing this from happening again. it's going to happen but the numbers through lack of responsibility and understanding can be reduced dramatically imho.

edit: we seem to have continued this conversation at the same time. my apologies if i interrupted.

i agree with everything you say. especially the parts on alcohol and how bluelighters forget that there is enjoyment without addiction. i call them functioning drug users, those who aren't addicted, still pay their bills and hold down jobs, etc.

the affluence part is something that is personal to me. without substances, affluence (the lack of understanding right from wrong as an excuse not to take responsibility and learn as well as grow) is detrimental to any and all societies. mix substances in with it and you have a more unfavorable outcome. during this change in society and next step in evolution this is more detrimental than most are aware of.

i do sympathize and empathize with those who truly are suffering from having this happen to them. the rest need to understand you can't get away with doing whatever you want all the time. that is a fact of life no matter the best of intentions or not.

truth is more relevant to me than most, a hazard of living with my condition. sentiment i am constantly working on and i appreciate yours as well as take this as another learning experience to better my own. thank you.

Last edited:
Hypochondria...

Sorry to seem flippant, but there does seem to be a huge cultural difference between UK and USA MDMA users - possibly due to their respective healthcare systems. In the USA, the healthcare you get is determined by what you can afford. This has fostered a belief that all problems can be medicated away as long as you throw enough money at it. Hence the rediculous amounts of pre and post loading with supplements.

Here is a fairly typical example of this:

"This is what I use

T - 6 hours: 1000mg metformin ER, 400iu vitamin E, 200-400mg COQ10, 10mg astaxanthin

T - 3 hours: 1000mg ALCAR

T - 0 hours: 600mg alpha lipoid acid and 110mg MDMA + 50mg MDA

T + 1 hour: 600mg alpha lipoid acid, 1000mg curcumin, 1000mg vitamin c, 400mg magnesium, 100mg reversertrol, 1000mg ALCAR

T + 2 hours: 600mg ALA, 1000mg vitamin C

Before bed (~T + 5 hours): 600mg ALA, 500mg ALCAR, 2000mg vitamin C, 400mg magnesium"

So if you're taking a drug that affects brain chemistry, is it really such a good idea to take loads of other shit that also affects brain chemistry?

Surely it's better to just take one (the MDMA) then use rest, hydration and decent food to recover from what is a relatively short experience?

We don't have this mindset in the UK. Unless there's something seriously wrong with you, we just get told to "man up, fuck off and take a paracetamol".

Both healthcare systems obviously have their faults, but the NHS doesn't pander to hypochondria...

Last edited: