• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

LTC from MDMA? WTF?

FUBAR-can you ANY further information about that MeHg detection, even if it is as little as the original poster of the analysis mentioning methylmercury? because I'm following this up elsewhere, on a clandestine chemist's forum, and given the toxicity of MeHg and (2CH3)Hg+, any potential presence of either demands an analysis of the available data, given that aluminium amalgam reductive aminations are in widespread use in clandestine chemistry for synthesis of N-alkylamphetamines, it has to be determined whether or not its formed during the reaction or during fragmentation of the end product plus trace levels of ionic Hg (II) salts in a GC-MS. Alkylmercury are just SO toxic this can't be ignored, especially given the insidious, slow nature of methylmercury or dimethylmercury (Me2Hg ends up rapidly metabolized to MeHg in-vivo after ingestion), and its nature as a cumulative poison. Aluminium amalgam is very frequently used for reductive amination of 1-phenyl-2-propanones to the respective alkylamines, and the alkylmercury compounds are EXTREMELY toxic, so anything you can give me is useful.

Is it just me and my buggered up eyes, or does that posted NMR look like its being read by somebody who is seriously pissed? because it does, but I am, so confirmation that it does, in fact, look like its being viewed after half a liter of rum would be in order=D

Because fucking hell, I can't read that at all, and I don't think it's just me this time.

Still, even the hint of MeHg is more than enough to have my mercuric chloride never, ever see the light of day ever again. Damnable, accursed piece'o'shit of a reaction anyway, hated it from, oh, about as long as it takes to introduce the requisite quantity of nitroalkane to the requisite quantity of aluminium amalgam. I hate it, it hates me even more, 'nuff said, I don't need much convincing to form the imine w/ mol. sieves and reduce with borohydride instead.

But a confirmed report of methylmercury, even if it was the most botched and bastardized synth attempt I have EVER seen, it still makes my skin crawl. MeHg and (CH32)Hg+ are some of the scariest inorganic poisons going, anything that can cause somebody clinically brain-dead to die screaming is so far off my menu its near enough come back around to on there again.

I'm more than used to 'bursts into flame the moment it contacts air or water vapor' 'acidic smoke cloud so dense you can't see your double-gloved hands a foot away from your face, give or take a few inches due to the blast-shield', 'stench that will carry for miles if let loose' or 'just looking for an excuse to turn a flask into a frag grenade' but 'die screaming when brain dead' is a bit much.

White phosphorus? fine, SOCl2, PCl3, not a problem, but cumulative poisons you realize you are fucked and just have to wait several months to die horribly? bugger that. Even the hint of a possibility, thats the last Al-Hg I ever do.

FUBAR-can you ANY further information about that MeHg detection, even if it is as little as the original poster of the analysis mentioning methylmercury?
Howard Marks reckoned that
The pills had passed through the hands of the Brinks-Mat robbers, and became contaminated with toxic heavy metals from being stored near to where metal smelting was being carried out. They had been purchased by someone with a serious grudge against the USA, to be "discovered" when Marks et al went looking for the remains of an unlucky predecessor's stash. They would have created a massive public health crisis if they had entered the market in the USA as intended.

Of course, this may well be totally unconnected to the current long-term comedown situation. But if there were more contaminated pills out there, if they did not get them all after all ..... Well, this is what one would be expecting to see.
It's well worth a read, however much of it may have been altered and to what degree.

Howard Marks reckoned that
The pills had passed through the hands of the Brinks-Mat robbers, and became contaminated with toxic heavy metals from being stored near to where metal smelting was being carried out. They had been purchased by someone with a serious grudge against the USA, to be "discovered" when Marks et al went looking for the remains of an unlucky predecessor's stash. They would have created a massive public health crisis if they had entered the market in the USA as intended.

Of course, this may well be totally unconnected to the current long-term comedown situation. But if there were more contaminated pills out there, if they did not get them all after all ..... Well, this is what one would be expecting to see.
It's well worth a read, however much of it may have been altered and to what degree.

Excellent, just found a free download of Mr Smiley in pdf format here:

http://oceanofpdf.com/pdf-epub-mr-smiley-my-last-pill-and-testament-download/

Looking forward to this...

I still wouldn't pay for it if he was alive - fuckin sheep shagging taffy twat...

LTC's are fucking self perpetual creations from bluelight.

These, mainly American kids do some "molly" then over analyse every micro feeling they experience on a comedown. They then read bluelight and read about these mythical LTCs and this increases their anxiety and stress. This leads to more reading.....more anxiety, throw in some depersonisation, chronic fatigue, depression, brain zaps, sleeping troubles...........read more bluelight...........repeat etc

Basically pre internet days...we just got on with a comedown. The snowflake generation is real.....

Placebo effect is very strong indeed.

Them Yanks need to pop one of those Xanax they all seem to be swimming in by the sounds of it.

maybe less xany bars would help.

i took quiet a bit of ecstasy in my early twenties, i was fortunate in a way. got doubles and triples for very cheap and high quality, never had it tested but high quality as in good times and not cut with too much nasty shite. tried mdma twice later on, i prefer ecstasy but maybe what i'm going through had some bad effect on the mdma experience.

i've been noticing a rash of drug use in general (not just mdma) leading to LTC and not just here. no sources or sites to link as evidence, i don't believe in media much. but it's mostly from talking with people and reading of other peoples stories on sites like this.

i've got some thoughts on it but they parallel what i've read in this thread.

i know the population has increased since i was a kid and there are other chemical and conscious factors that maybe involved but honestly...

does it seem like more people are getting messed up from doing drugs than there use to be? and i'm not talking about using getting messed up, it's a right of passage today; but more cases of LTC, psychosis and other negative effects from drug usage in general?

It could just be a consequence of more people using drugs that really shouldn't. Back in the day, it wasn't trendy to use drugs, unlike now. Only the hardcore element stuck with it. Nowadays, every cunt and his son is taking copious quantities of dubious quality shite as the norm.

That's either (more probably) a synthesis gone badly wrong, or an incomplete wash has left behind something which contributed to decomposition of the product. Well, it was already not complete enough to remove the methylmercury, but that doesn't rule out a dodgy synth .....

You might want to save the (intriguing questions) below until after you have read Mr Smiley -- My Last Pill and Testament by Howard Marks:
Howard Marks and a consortium of others bought a large quantity of crates of Ecstasy tablets in the Americas; which turned out, when members began suffering mystery illnesses, to have been contaminated with toxic heavy metal residues resulting from careless storage. The consortium members ended up making a giant bonfire in the Mexican desert; better to take the hit to the pocket than endanger others. I can't believe anybody would ever think differently.

And so, it's time for questions ..... like, Were there more contaminated pills that they did not manage to find and burn? Have more pills got contaminated since then? Does someone else really hate the USA enough to pull the same stunt over again? Really? Hate a country that takes kids away from their parents and locks them up in cages? WTF do you think?

Well there is that... but that was decades ago so not specifically relevant here.

Anthrax was found in multiple samples of heroin a few years back - people died, others got properly fucked up - does that mean that heroin is fundamentally gonna brutalise you in ways above and beyond those it we all already know it does? Nope. Just meant that some folks screwed up the longterm storage of a shitload of product and others decided to sell it anyway (whether they were conscious of the issue or not).

Could this happen to pills and/or MDMA xtal in America and/or elsewhere now?

Obviously it could.

Could this conceivably be the cause of "LTC"? Nope. Not unless some serious ground is to be given on the overall worldwide viability of the supply chain of any and all drugs. That definitely is a possibility...

... but why it only seems to effect whiny teenage yanks and literally nobody else in the world is beyond me...

... or is it :sus:

i think people have been continuing to do drugs but like F.U.B.A.R. said, only the hardcore element. one part being those who keep it going imo. legal weed in the states kinda sucks now, the quality and distribution are starting to suffer due to legalizing it.

"back in the day" is respective for who uses it and what they mean; 1,000 years ago, 100 years ago, 10 years ago. like using the word dope. dope could mean any off a list of drugs. people have their own vernacular.

in the 60's and 70's people did it mostly to explore or expand, what most people don't know is here in america after the hippies vacated a spot, the "speed freaks" moved in and destroyed the area for future use.

in the 80's people did drugs trying to be like the guys flipping up their collars. 90's it was to show your mood or how different you are.

basically after the 70's people did drugs because it was trendy and everyone else was (especially considering the metropolitan and "housewife" drugs came to be the norm. like cocaine and pills respectively). until it became widespread over the entire world and the internet came to be more convenient in general.

now the rite of passage demands you take drugs.

there are exceptions, smaller details and other things to mention (like trance: invention of E and music. it seemed to slide most people down hill. rave bunnies were popping up as fast as they went down.) but this is the jist of the trend. let's not forget alcohol has a role.

on a nationality note: americans suck when it comes to their drugs and using... in general. but they're not all bad, just people. europe (as well as other countries) haven't had the major draw backs hit them yet for their own way of life, americans just over did it, more of an immediate impact. i wonder what germany will be like in say 20 or 30 years. great alcohol, music and drugs but how anyone handles their drugs and balance their daily lives can really get away from them, in the long run it can be abused but i digress.

i'm not trying to draw lines to say who's better. imho i think people around the world are missing out on a few things more than they realize. on average people don't enjoy it as much as they could when they use, let it control them too much and don't know enough about drugs/drug usage in general. just one reason i like this site.

in short F.U.B.A.R. pretty much nailed it.

(this post might be a lil much, terrible day here and my head is rolling away from me. let me know if it is and i can edit/delete it)

Last edited:
^ I actually wrote a reply to Wilson's post above, but lost it when my wi-fi crashed - but it was very similar to what you said.

Of course there's always been drug use. It made big news during the 60s and 70s but was still very much a minority affair. In the 80s we had the 'just say no' campaign (even though most of the pop groups spouting it were getting fucked on coke). Your average trendy fashion following teenage sheep spent their weekends getting drunk in shit nightclubs where the women danced round their handbags and the blokes picked fights and tried to shag the women - this was particularly true of small towns. Coke was something rich people and rock stars did. Heroin was something dirty scumbags did. Smoking pot was something losers and old hippies did.

Then MDMA took off bigstyle and the 90s hit. Suddenly, those same people that previously would have danced round handbags and cause fights were getting mashed and loved up while raving their titties off. Everyone was doing drugs - it had gone mainstream. This was further exacerbated by the subsequent explosion of legal highs.

I've now got a teenage daughter and I know for a fact that when she goes out, MDMA, weed, ket and coke are always available. She and her peer group are the type of kids that would have looked down on me as a dirty druggie when I was a teenager.

^ well said.

i'd chill with a dirty druggie over a superficial wanker any day.

excluding your daughter from this post.

^ well said.

i'd chill with a dirty druggie over a superficial wanker any day.

excluding your daughter from this post.

No need to exclude my daughter mate, she's superficial as fuck - as are all her friends. They all want to be Kardashions and aspire to the 'celebrity' lifestyle, listen to mindless music and seem incapable of independent thought. But they all take drugs.

I reckon they need to take more psychedelics tbh...

kardashians, another sad day in america, like dump or killary.

sorry about that one. i don't feel responsible because i don't subscribe to any of it but we the people did spawn those and other pandemic nightmares.

i know this is off topic but the rash of synthetics (legal highs) everyone is raging over seems (insert words that would get me hung, drawn and quatered). i know it's more legally in the grey area and i get the excitement that comes from playing with chemistry sets but i don't like how it is today, maybe in the future but not today. in some way it does go along with the LTC part so if this post needs to be moved mods, as above so below.

i've tried a few, i get the appeal and it wasn't the worse thing i've put in me to get the desired effect but it didn't have the same potency as all the other drugs that came before. specifically i smoked synthetic marijuana (spice) twice and memory problems are keeping me from naming the other one. i will never do bath salts. i didn't need to try it to add it to the short list of things i wont use.

like i said earlier i tried MDMA twice and thought ecstasy was way better. i know MDMA is what ecstasy is made with and that it's the psychoactive ingredient in it but whatever they put in ecstasy, cut it with or design it to work; it makes the experience worth it. when i dropped MDMA i thought i was better of doing cocaine with either mushrooms or lsd. when i try synthetic drugs it makes me feel like i'm half asleep from being up all night while being used a pivot point for a herd of donkeys and shot up with anti-freeze and liquid aluminum.

i read and hear of things about people taking legal highs. zombies in florida, an episode of COPS where 5 cops chase one kid who is strung out for days in circles for 20 minutes and even the dreaded "C" word... OD! along the lines of personal experience i think that from me using it those 3 times, learning of what it does to other people and the chemistry is so young still; i know nothing good is coming from this. not until they get done tinkering with it and perfecting it.

knowing all of this loving the c**k, i mean licking the c**t, d**n it i mean loving to cum.... long term comedowns are almost a given. that sounds all inclusive but tits not, more like damning it for now.

a rash of people in their 20's here are heading to the E.R. because they have psychotic breaks from marijuana. it is a drug, it does have a psychoactive ingredient and it does take you from a normal state of being to an altered one (getting technical here) but on the spectrum of substances it's less likely to cause you long term damaging and permanent side effects, immediate severe ones or even to make you do some f**ked up s**t that would get you thrown in jail, beaten or killed. yet this is exactly what's happening with youth today.

getting into the chemistry of legal highs gives me nightmares. to see the list of ingredients they use to make crystal meth makes you cringe but the science behind it is my security blanket. to try and imagine what someone is experimenting with in legal highs is a place in my mind i don't even want to go to. i've seen what people do to marijuana plants here (before they legalized it) roughly 30 years ago up until today. they use to take pride in such a thing, then they got more scientific about it, which is still a good thing. after that it became a free for all, i'd say shortly after hydroponics made it easier for anyone, much like brewing alcohol under your bed became a do it yourself kit and corporations could make money off of you over here. now marijuana strains are getting to the point pure strains are becoming endangered. they started cross breeding everything and even surgically altering the DNA of it to produce more of this and less of that. the end product on the market now is muddled at best. this is what leads me to believe some genius who played around with too many strains, took too many hits off something that had nothing left in it and finds a recipe on the net for a legal high thinks they can tweak it to make something better. just a recipe for disaster.

basically LTC is the least of your problems in that scenario.

and this is personal experience, speculative and some technical. i'm not even getting into societal structure over here, all the technical science of it and other influences non substance related.

a shorter answer would be: people who raised me, beat me and did things to me i would have to tell a judge about in their private chambers would probably tell you that most younger people today are a bunch of p***ies who can't handle their s**t.

Last edited:
Heheh, love your alternative meanings for the 'LTC' acronym. No need to censor your posts here mate, I think we're incapable of getting offended...

(Cos we're a bunch of cunts... ;) )

having a hard time lately and not sure how far i can go with things sometimes.

it also explains some of the loosely associated or vague thoughts that might lose people on points i'm trying to make.

good people here. cunts and all.