HCG only

RedLeader

Bluelight Crew
I've heard this a couple times recently, both on forums and YouTube, and would like to hear what you guys think about it. Is it really this easy or is this a strategy to sell HCG?

Let's say we have a lifelong natural and he is put on HCG ED or EOD. No other hormones. What will happen to him? Will his test go up? What other positives could there be? And the negatives of HCG as a standalone...

Also, the concept of running HCG during most of the cycle in lieu of PCT and this preserving muscle and hormone levels. I see that you guys are very conservative about HCG and suggest it sparingly.

It would likely boost natural levels although not sure to what extent as I've never seen bloods. Your production of LH, possibly FSH but doubt it, would shut down but not really a big deal as far as things go.

Ultimately it obviously wouldn't provide the gains of gear but would also be much 'safer' - i.e. have much fewer consequences and impact to endocrine system. Was just talking to some docs at the forefront of the TRT game and they use it a lot. Great drug IMO but too expensive to run continuously for someone like me who is planning on being on for life

Depends on how much HCG you put him on. Generally HCG only is considered to be used for weight loss, as it suppresses appetite and is supposed to have properties that help with the weight loss. I am not sure that I truly believe in HCG only therapy, however I have seen a few people lose some considerable weight with it (although I believe it was mainly just because of appetite control received from the HCG).

With regards to using it during cycle - It is mainly used to keep the "boys" from shrinking too much (and I can tell you that it DOES help - I'm on cycle right now). I've heard of it used in lieu of PCT, but I would never trust that. Nolva or Clomid all day long.

I've never seen anyone actually had any noticeable gains running HCG only, nor have read about it - for what that's worth

HCG as a weightloss measure is a bunch of bullshit haha. And it's not used to keep the boys from shrinking, it's used to maintain leydig cell sensitivity

HCG as a weightloss measure is a bunch of bullshit haha. And it's not used to keep the boys from shrinking, it's used to maintain leydig cell sensitivity

Human chorionic gonadotropin up-regulates insulin-like growth factor-I receptor gene expression of Leydig cells.

Nagpal ML1, Wang D, Calkins JH, Chang WW, Lin T.

Author information

Abstract

The effects of hCG, 8-bromo-cAMP, 4 beta-phorbol 12 beta-myristate 13 alpha-acetate, and forskolin on insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) receptor gene expression of Leydig cells were studied. The treatment of purified Leydig cells with hCG caused a dose-dependent increase in [125I]IGF-I binding to Leydig cells without changes in binding affinity, indicating that the increased binding was due to increased receptor numbers and not to increased affinity. The minimal time required for hCG to induce IGF-I binding was 6 h, and it had reached a plateau at 16 h. 8-Bromo-cAMP (1 mM) increased IGF-I binding about 2-fold, and forskolin (10 microM) increased binding about 51%. Using the ribonuclease protection assay, we found that hCG and 8-bromo-cAMP could increase IGF-I receptor mRNA expression as early as 2 h before the increase in IGF-I binding. The induction by hCG was over 3.5-fold at 4 h and decreased to about 2-fold at 6 h. 4 beta-Phorbol 12 beta-myristate 13 alpha-acetate had a very small effect on IGF-I receptor mRNA levels (1.5-fold increase at 2 h and no changes at 4 and 6 h). In conclusion, IGF-I receptors can be up-regulated by hCG, 8-bromo-cAMP, and forskolin. The up-regulation of IGF-I receptor number is associated with transient increases in IGF-I receptor mRNA levels. This could be a mechanism by which hCG and IGF-I interact to enhance Leydig cell steroidogenesis.

PMID: 1659515 DOI: 10.1210/endo-129-6-2820