• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Blah... 2 months sober for the most part but fell into a 5 day binge.

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Well, technically 6 but only 4 ounces of vodka one of the days. Now my stomach and throat's all screwed up from acid reflux/puking and I can't sleep. Couldn't even really eat until 9pm although I did manage a pot pie. Crazy anxiety too, although for some reason didn't really get the shakes. Hopefully it stays that way. Not sure why I made this thread, just to rant I guess. I hope it doesn't take me too long to recover. Apparently, I'm still an alcoholic, just harder when your family is controlling your SSI. But I happened to come across 100 dollars, because a family member payed a loan back. I thought they were just gonna make the minimum payment. At least I didn't spend the whole 100 I guess.

Last edited:
Hey Nutty,

Okay you slipped up, moving on right? You were only drinking a few days so hopefully this is the worst of it. Do you have a good support system there?

You can come here anytime and we will be here for you.

Proud of you, this is a great thing!

Here for you,
Your friend,
Ash.

Hang in there, just go back to thinking you've done 60 days sober and are continuing.

The 5 days you just had were nothing but a plot twist in your adventure and now it's back to normal. If your days get challenging, enjoy some sleep instead of caving in.

Just remember that when you complete a sober day the next morning feels fuck off awesome waking up.

If I had a dollar for every time I relapsed... well, I'd have a lot of dollars. The difference is that mine usually last months or years.

The good thing is that it didn't last long. The fact that you feel shitty is probably good, too. Keeps the consequences fresh in your mind.
Just keep doing what you were doing that was working. 'Twas a mere bump in the road.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so fuckin' heroic." -- George Carlin

Yeah. Keeping relapses short is key (well...not having them at all is really key, but let's be realistic here.. *sigh*)

Hey nutty! Sorry you're dealing with this maddening bullshit.

But, #1 you caught yourself. #2 you didn't blow every penny. That's progress.

A major change in my fuck ups is Im not continuing until I'm completely out of money. Although my progress isn't as fast as I'd like it to be, it's definitely progress. I try to continually remind myself of that.

It happened. Ok. I'm sending you a <<<HUGE HUG>>>. Now you're back on track. That's what's important. ♥️

Post was made quite a while ago... Still drinking when I can although it's usually only a 40 of malt liquor at most, although I was in the ER a week or so ago because I thought it would be a good idea to drink hair tonic. Fortunately my lab results were relatively normal somehow.

Oh no. Hair tonic. You must've felt awful.

I've injected things just to get psycho logical relief. Or when I get really overwhelmed and upset, I inject my Subutex. I guess that's my way of drinking hair tonic.

It's very apparent that I need therapy. I'm working on it. I have alot going on.

I'm glad you're ok nutty. xoxo <3

I've drunk both mouthwash and hand sanitizer. I do not recommend either, although the mouthwash was less distasteful.

I've also injected tequila. Likewise, I don't recommend doing that. When people talk about doing shots of tequila, I always think "yeah, well, I've actually SHOT tequila"... but no, I didn't swab with lime and dab salt on the IV site afterward.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot