• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax vs alcohol

xannyhead

Bluelighter
Lets say theres a teenager who eats a bar every month, and other teenager who gets drunk every month. Which one will have worse brain development / i.q decrease? Is there any iq decrease at all?

Teenagers have been getting drunk on alcohol since the dawn of human civilisation many many thousands of years ago but xanax bars have only been around for less than 100 years so i reckon the teen drinker would have a healthier brain development as the times i've tried xanax it made me relaxed but turned my mind into mush and significantly reduced my cognitive skills as well as wreaking my ability to communicate with coherent speech. You could say alcohol has the exact same affect on a person as xanax but the feeling of both is different and the key point of difference in the drugs is that alcohol can be used in the long term but xanax is only meant for occasional use.

As far as potential iq decreases both getting drunk and taking xanax would have to have a negative affect on a young teenagers mind but more in relation to emotional stability than intelligence.

Although to me it would be far more easy to maintain a social drinking habit of getting drunk on alcohol in the long term than building up a physical dependency to a benzo like xanax.