• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Super deep sleep with Heroin (amazing)

Chris402

Greenlighter
Does anyone else have super deep sleep with Heroin? Not talking to the point of complete respiratory depression/failure, but where you sleep so deep and good...you only have to sleep like 4-5 hours vs your regular 8-9.

Im waking up so rested after each night of use. Im feeling great! I get up and im ready to go, not feeling tired at all.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Such a shame it cant be prescribed as a sleep aid (being serious). Because i normally sleep like complete shit...

No, quite the opposite in fact. I did when I was brand new to opiates and taking low(relatively) doses of oxy/hydro. But on high dose heroin, even when I was nodding, I would constantly sit right on the border of deep sleep, all night, waking up at regular intervals.

You still should aim for 6-8 hours of sleep. Yes it feels nice being able to finally sleep, but trust me when you can't after stopping it will be a nightmare.

No, quite the opposite in fact. I did when I was brand new to opiates and taking low(relatively) doses of oxy/hydro. But on high dose heroin, even when I was nodding, I would constantly sit right on the border of deep sleep, all night, waking up at regular intervals.

This.

Either my sleep is so light and non-restorative I'm usually exhausted in the morning, or else I get paradoxical stimulation and am all hyper - and wind up staying awake all night.

I get what coolwhip says and I can't deny that I've used high enough doses as well as not eaten or taken care of myself well enough that I would just nod, but not sleep half the time able to sleep if I try, but just wanting to function a little bit more while I have relief that won't last if I didn't have supply to last.

When I use responsibly in low stable doses though I do not get nods or other side effects like euphoria, but just the physical tightness and tension release without affecting my ability to acknowledge pain or think clearly as cannabis or other psych meds too, which the later actually can cause me to neglect pain and ignore it allowing it to become worse as well as becoming 10x more irritable and explosive when I am uncomfortable

I'm a few weeks you will probably put "Super sleep deprivation" due to withdrawal.

and no I think your idea of using heroin as a sleep aid is both childish and stupid.

I agree on using it for a sleep aid being a horrible idea just because the physical dependency will lead to problems during the day while not using leading to day time use, which defeats the purpose of it being a sleep aid.

Opioids are for chronic pain and chronic pain only excluding managing opioid dependencies and maintaining or weening off.