• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need serious help

Trev26

Bluelighter
I am 25 years old and have herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, and nerve pain shooting down my leg. I am literally in constant pain 24/7, and cant sleep due to the unbearable pain, and trouble of finding a comfortable position. When I'm sitting my lower back is hurting, if I'm on my feet my leg is numb. And tingling, and burning sensations.

I have tried every type of treatment in the 4 years this has been going on. I have quite possibly the biggest POS PM doctor in the world. My primary doctor was giving me 7 percs a week , and said due to the opioid epidemic that's all he could do, but until I found a solution he would continue to prescribe them to me.

Well i saw my PM doctor last week and he was literally shocked my primary was prescribing opioids, and wrote a note on my profile that "patient should discontinue using opioids". Now when I renewed my script it was only for 5 so obviously he's trying to taper me off even though it's only 7 a week.I just don't understand, the guy is a pain management doctor and he doesn't give a shit about managing my pain. My mom was with me to and she was begging him to help my pain and he just didnt care. She said she sees me in agonizing pain and she's concerned I'm going to due something drastic and all he says is he needs to keep his mind off it. What fucking joke of a doctor. You know it's bad when your mom is trying to get me pain meds lol.

My PM doctor says oh the pain will get better but you have to keep your mind off of it or stay active. I'm like look mother fucker, I cant stay active cause I cant fucking move without pain meds but he doesnt care, and insists that opioids will just make it worse.

I'm scheduled to due another nerve ablation to try and neutralize the nerve next week, but I'm obviously getting another PM doctor to do the procedure.

I read that CPP can sign a contract where they can get the medication to help them function. Is there any certain criteria that warrants that contract? I have no problem doing random drug tests as I have nothing to hide, I will take my medication responsibly, and not renew it early or anything.

Has anyone gotten this contract or how do you get pain meds so I can function? I cant take this shit anymore, just because my age I get treated like a fucking junkie but I have MRI, xrays, and other test that clearly prove I have significant damage in my back.

I have no quality of life right now and if I don't get some help, I'm just going to end it. Plain and simple. I cant take this shit anymore, please I know their are a lot of people going thru some similar things so I just want to know, how to you cope?

Thanks for the response first of all.

I checked out the links and to be honest, I feel kind of hopeless. Studies show that opioids actually make pain worse? How is a pain killer making pain worse. I get it though, you get used to them, and are more sensitive to pain, but I also forgot to put I have kidney disease, and I can't take NSAIDs so what am I supposed to do?

How did this happen to you? I?m curious because I?m 26 and Ive been having lower back pain for a while. I used to lift a lot and I would lift heavy 400 pound squats and 500 pound deadlifts at the time I was doing it I heard people say that lifting heavy when they were young messed up there back. It never bothered me at the time so I figured I was fine but now I?m kind of regretting it , even though lifting big was alpha as fuck

Have you tried Kratom? Im 25 years old too, it seems like we literally have the same exact problem! I have 4 herniated discs, and SI joint problems (the left and the right with the pain shooting down my leg) and kratom helps pretty good with the pain. Red Bali strain around 6 grams (for me) has about the same effect as 30mg of hydrocodone (feels the exact same too). Consider ordering some. It might help. Its really cheap too, i ordered a kilo (2.2 pounds) for less then 100$.

All advice was given for HARM REDUCTION purposes.

Last edited:
slimpug69 So when i was a freshman i played college basketball, and during a game this 6"10 like 260 pound dude landed on my back when we were going for a rebound. Ever since then my back has just been destroyed. Dude lifting that much weight is fucking intense bro, No doubt you probably did some damage to your back as well. Im sure you're a pretty big guy to be lifting that much tho. Have you ever gone to a doctor or got an mri or something?

Chris42393 I literally just picked up some maeng da kratom at my local smoke shop. Im pretty unfamiliar with it, and have only taken it a couple times so far. Maybe I just didn't take enough or something, but i didn't really feel any pain relieving effects, just a slight boost of energy, but from what I've read i don't think i got the right strain for pain. Also do you get in powder or the capsules? Also what is the best site to order some from? I live in Los angeles, so that shouldn't be a problem right?

My pain is in my L5 S1,with labral tears. My doctors don't prescribe me shit, they just want to keep trying anti depressants, and i hate that shit. I was getting roxy off a friend, but honestly I can't afford that stuff, and i was getting like 30, 30mg pills at a time.
I hope we can all find a solution because this shit is debilitating af. I was on a flight last week for like an hour and i couldn't barely do that.

Btw i forgot to add that like 3 months ago i was a passenger in an uber, and the guy got in a pretty bad accident, so now pain has doubled if not tripled.

slimpug69 So when i was a freshman i played college basketball, and during a game this 6"10 like 260 pound dude landed on my back when we were going for a rebound. Ever since then my back has just been destroyed. Dude lifting that much weight is fucking intense bro, No doubt you probably did some damage to your back as well. Im sure you're a pretty big guy to be lifting that much tho. Have you ever gone to a doctor or got an mri or something?

Chris42393 I literally just picked up some maeng da kratom at my local smoke shop. Im pretty unfamiliar with it, and have only taken it a couple times so far. Maybe I just didn't take enough or something, but i didn't really feel any pain relieving effects, just a slight boost of energy, but from what I've read i don't think i got the right strain for pain. Also do you get in powder or the capsules? Also what is the best site to order some from? I live in Los angeles, so that shouldn't be a problem right?

My pain is in my L5 S1,with labral tears. My doctors don't prescribe me shit, they just want to keep trying anti depressants, and i hate that shit. I was getting roxy off a friend, but honestly I can't afford that stuff, and i was getting like 30, 30mg pills at a time.
I hope we can all find a solution because this shit is debilitating af. I was on a flight last week for like an hour and i couldn't barely do that.

Btw i forgot to add that like 3 months ago i was a passenger in an uber, and the guy got in a pretty bad accident, so now pain has doubled if not tripled.

Definitely dont buy kratom from a smoke shop, its usually going to be trash (which is probably why it didnt work). Buy online, there are tons of good vendors out there. >snip< Is the stuff i get (probably one of the best on the internet by far, cheapest too). I get mine in the powder form, i add my desired dose into a empty water bottle, add like 2-3 inches of water...shake it up and then drink it quickly (because it doesnt taste the best). And yea, pill are expensive as hell. It sucks your doctor doesnt want to help you. I know how bad it can be....Ive been having this problem for 3 years, its horrible (especially with my job).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Trev26,
I've been a similar situation in which I had excruciating pain due herniated discs and some nerve damage.

I was in a IED accident in our patrol car while working as a peacekeeper in Afghanistan when I was about same age as you.

I was prescribed Oxycontin before the first surgery and was able to stop using painkillers for a 6 months after the surgery but then the pain hit me again and I had another MRI which showed that the discs had herniated again so I started Oxycontin again.

My Oxycontin usage escalated within years into +500mg a day until I asked for help as it didn't help the pain anymore and I had another surgery which helped a bit for the pain and was able to taper off the oxycodone for a month until PAWS hit me and I had to start Suboxone ORT.

I still had the pain while I was using Suboxone and that went on for a year until I was switched to oxycodone/naloxone preparation for a six months and I started extensive physiotherapy and started to lose some weight too.

After those six months and 30kg of weight loss as well as going to gym I noticed that my pain was gone pretty much and I tapered off from oxycodone again.

Now it has been six months without opioids and nearly no pain at all. Just maybe once in a month I get some flare ups for the pain but I just try to avoid thinking it and take it easy on those days.

I know it is quite easy for me as the cause for the pain is well documented and I am on veteran disability benefits so I don't have to work at the moment so I can adjust my daily rhytm according how much pain I have.

Anyhow in my opinion oxycodone helped the pain for a few months until I had to take more and the cycle continued until I had a huge tolerance. 500mg is enough to kill few opiate naive persons but that was just my daily dose.

I'm thinking about trying Kratom myself....for withdrawal at the moment...due to the fact that my doctor cut my oxycodone dose. And I of course ran out. I'm wondering if Kratom helps with pain and or withdrawal?? And I have absolutely no idea how much to take. I had about a teaspoon and a half yesterday....and ordered some samples online. Any ideas would be appreciated... ?

Hi...if you are not on opiod pain killers...Do NOT start taking them if you can avoid this. TRUST ME...I say this from MANY YEARS of experience. Your receptors in your brain get used to the opiates....and when you do not have them.... It is literally HELL... I myself am thinking of trying Kratom on a regular basis. I had a small dose yesterday. And am waiting on a few samples to arrive in the mail.
Meanwhile.....I'm taking Gabapentin..... Good luck to you. Living with pain is awful... ?

MrRoot, Man I'm sorry to hear you've been going through that. Its an amazing story nonetheless, and I'm glad you made it out with your life. 500+ mg of oxy a day is an absolutely outrageous number, but at least you were able to get clean, and manage your pain it sounds like. Also it sounds like surgery was your best option to control your pain. Ive done only 1 surgery so far, but I'm going to probably go in for the bigger one (spinal fusion). The problem is my doctors are saying with my age, I will have to have that same surgery every 8-10 years as the vertebra fuses each disk. They keep saying think about your quality of life in 10 years, but I'm like ok... what about my quality of life right now?

I can't take any nsaids for flare ups because i have kidney disease, and they don't want to give me opioids so I'm just sitting here in excruciating pain. Ive done a year of physical therapy, and honestly it was kind of working slowly, but then i got in a car accident in march, and feels like it has been such a big setback.

oxy4toolong-I know you say that in terms of harm reduction in all, but when your doctors don't give you any other alternative, what choice do I have? Im hoping the kratom will help because i can't afford to keep buying roxy of the street. I have a decent system to keep my tolerance down where i take some for 2 or 3 days then I don't take any opioids for 2 or 3 days and so far thats been working, even though the days Im not on opioids feel like they last forever. Also like 2 and a half years ago i had full blown benzo withdrawal with the seizures and everything so to me this feels like a breeze compared to that hell. I was taking anywhere from 8-10mg of xaxax a day and just went cold turkey and obviously the rest is history.

Im going too order some of the red bali kratom, as one of the other people posted in hopes that it may give me some pain relief, and quality of life back. From what Chris42393 said, it sounds promising. I checked out the link last night and i was laughing because I'm about to order 200 grams for like 35 bux, and i got 60 grams of the maeng da kratom at my smoke shop for 45 dollars.

Anyways i appreciate the replys and ill let you know how the kratom works. Also of anyone has any suggestions on what substance may help, or what treatment worked best for them I would really appreciate the tips.

--------->>>> Trev26...

Methadone clinic???......

DO IT BRO!!!

I'm an experienced methadone clinic patient here lol...I've been going to a methadone clinic for 3 years. I get 5 take homes a week and in February I'll have 6 take homes a week so I'll only have to go there 4 times a month. I have chronic pain everyday of my life from rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. It works wonders for pain OMG. I used to go on and on about my pain everyday and the other day my mom said "you never talk about your pain anymore." I didn't even realize it. That's how well methadone works for pain... It's amazing. When you sign up make sure that you have opioids or opiates in your system at the time of your drug test. If you have none in your system they won't let you on methadone. You don't have to be on H... People at my methadone clinic come in addicted to oxy, morphine, opanas, methadone, and some are even addicted to hydros (hydros are a bit weak for a methadone clinic IMO but whatever) Good luck... That's a great way around the system bro... but DON'T mention you're there for chronic pain... only drug addiction. They frown on using methadone for only chronic pain at a clinic. It's okay to be a drug addict and have chronic pain but don't mention your there for just chronic pain... matter of fact don't mention your chronic pain until you've been established into the clinic for a while... Say 6 to 8 months. Please hurry and sign up because if you don't hurry you'll just be in pain longer wishing you should have signed up sooner... trust me. When you do go into the clinic tell them that you buy 20 oxy 30's a day or a lot of any strong opioids off the streets (use your head on this one). It doesn't matter if you take a hundred 30's a day or you shoot 3g of H a day you're still going to be starting off at 30 mg of methadone no matter what... it's the law in California.. it might even be federal law. Make sure you don't go higher then 80 milligrams because the higher mg you go up the harder it is to get off and the hellish withdrawals that come with it. Medi-Cal in California will pay for your Methadone if your unemployed and meet financial criteria (meaning your broke lol). I live in Northern California and Medi-Cal pays for mine... free of charge. Good luck... I love you brotha please don't kill yourself bro. This world will not be the same without you in it. Go to the methadone clinic brotha... Good idea! If you have any questions hit me up or PM me. I know everything about methadone any questions you have let me know? Usually I would not encourage a person to use methadone unless they a decent size drug addiction but in your case I really think you need it for your pain. Don't even entertain the idea of Suboxone... Subs really suck for pain relief. During this opioid crisis doctors aren't giving out shit to legitimate pain patients. Good luck bro! By the way congress is trying to get rid of kratom so it's not a good ideas get addicted to it now