• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth + weed, freaked tf out

PuffinMuffins

Greenlighter
Ok so just a little background - I'm 26, been doing drugs at least occasionally practically my whole life, not kidding. Started occasionally huffing at 6 or so, dxm and codeine at 8-9, stealing painkillers and adderall by 12. Found the love of my life (lol) in heroin at age 15 with the occasional meth binge, used especially h heavily for about 7 years. Had a couple years clean and just now getting back into drugs but doing it more responsibly this time. So it's safe to say I'm not that easily spooked or inexperienced I guess.

So my best friend/roommate binged together recently, which we've done together maybe 10 times or so. I typically just get tired and a little annoyed coming down even if I'm up for 4-5 days. Id planned to sleep after 3 or so, but his brother whom ive never met was coming to stay with us and i wanted to not sleep through all that. My memory is a bit hazy tbh, but I think I was awake consistently for 4 days, slept for maybe 5 hours and was back up for 2 days before I got to that point where redosing just has no effect anymore. I smoked maybe a bowl total of weed with both of them in preparation to finally sleep and draw this session to a close.

So I'm sitting on the couch, super tired, about to pleasantly fall asleep when suddenly I just feel the weirdest disconnected paranoid feeling I think I've ever felt in my life. It's hard to describe, my thoughts were so scattered, but I remember thinking I was gonna throw up but being unable to move, panicking because I might throw up in front of his brother who was essentially a stranger to me. Then just this overwhelming fear of his brother, who was perfectly pleasant and absolutely no stranger to drugs or potential narc. Just this intense irrational fear of going to sleep with him in the house, fear of leaving the house because he might catch on that I was high and call the cops or something, fear of not going to sleep because this feeling could only get worse.

There were no distinct hallucinations but shadows in every corner of the room that morphed shape and somehow I could feel they were just horribly malicious evil energy. When my eyes were moving every color was just sickeningly intense. I got this strange feeling that everything i was seeing was fake and someone (probably my roommates brother, the stranger in the room) wanted me to see this facade for some sinister purpose. I remember looking over to them and thinking "these are not my friends. This is not my house. Why have I been brought here? Who the fuck are these people? I want to go to my real home"

I literally could not move for at least an hour. I don't know if i was just psychologically "paralyzed" with fear or if I was just so exhausted that I couldn't do it. I eventually finally made it to the bathroom where I "got stuck" in the bathroom mirror picking at my face for about an hour (something I've only done like 2 other times in my life). I tore myself away and made it to my bedroom where I was going to text my roommate telling him I was freaking out, but could not figure out how to use my phone. Stood in the center of my room staring at my phone, swaying back and forth for I truly don't know how long. Eventually made it to bed.

Now if I were new to drugs, or at least new to meth and sleep deprivation, I'd understand. But wtf, why now? This is the first experience I've had like this, I thought I was just one of those people that paranoia/hallucinations don't touch. Was it the meth/weed combo at the wrong time, or the fact that someone I didn't know was there at the wrong time? I'm a little nervous to do either meth or weed now. I've done both since that episode, but I'm just too scared to do nearly as much as I want and I'm worried the whole time that it's gonna end up like that.
Wtf happened guys?

Every chronic meth user who ever freaked out on meth has at one point told themselves theyre one of those special people that aren't phased by hallucinations and paranoia. It's bound to happen, not even preaching here but binging on meth with no proper rest extended rest in between periods of use will slowly wear your mind down. Thats legit what's happening and it's gonna keep happening every time you use or at least more frequently until you sorta feel like that sober all the time. Sounds great, doesn't it?

The paranoia and overall stress that follows getting high on meth (both due to increased activity in your brain as well as just the experience itself being overall taxing as you go through it, whether it's euphoric to you at the time or not) seems to almost in a way prime individuals to fall back into that same mindset of paranoia and overstimulation over time upon using again which can detract from the overall enjoyability of the drugs effect.

Just speaking from personal experience as a former user, the high becomes uncomfortable and not worth it long before you eventually stop for good unless you're careful with how you dose and make sure to get rest in the first place.

To be honest to me it sounds like you just overdid it this time, but you so casually mentioned staying up for 5 days that I assumed this was kind of the norm for you. Just take care and try to limit your use as what you're experiencing is pretty on par for the course if we're talking about 5 day meth binges

Last edited:
I remember this paranoia very well from my 3 day amphetamine binges. Mind you, amphetamine is at least 10 times weaker than methamphetamine. Staying awake for even 1 or 2 nights can eventualy cause this. And once it starts, even small doses of stimulants will trigger it. I hate to be the one to preach, because I never listened to anyone when they warned me, but try to stear away from what could potentialy be a disaster.

Might get away with using for quite a bit more, but I can confirm, once this shit starts it will happen with greater frequency, until it?s virtually guaranteed every time you use, and then eventually you just feel like that while sober.

IMO, figure out how to stop using meth now. Once the bloom is off the rose it doesn?t go back on.