Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC Dosage-Response Curve

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
How big is the difference between 1.5mg and 2.0mg? I've scoured reports and forums to no avail. While sites like Erowid, TripSit, and Psychonautwiki have conservative dose ranges, most reports are in what they'd class as the Heavy range.

My one experience was at 1500ug several years ago. It seemed acceptably strong at the time (maybe 80-100ug LSD range,) but unremarkable. It seemed stripped down, devoid of character. That could be the nature of the material, based on what I've read, or it could be that the dose was too light for the unique characteristics to present themselves forcefully.

I had planned to titrate up to 1.8mg, then 2.0mg, but given the ho hum results of the first trial and the time commitment involved, I've never revisited it.

I know some people in here have a lot of experience with DOC, and was wondering if they thought there'd be a marked difference between 1500ug, 1800ug, and 2000ug.

If it?s the same batch, you should be able to go to 2 mg without any problem given your response to 1.5

I would jump to 2mg, and skip the 1.8. DOC has a steep dose-response curve, but not THAT steep. For me, every 500ug steps it up noticeably. My favorite dose is either 2mg or 2.5mg. 2.5mg is a heavier trip but still very clearheaded and functional. I have taken it up as high as 3.5mg in a single dose or 4.5mg with a redose... both of those trips were much more disorienting (though still good trips).

If you have tried it at 1.5mg and was fine and felt it wasnt enough, then I also, like donvliet and Xorkoth, recommend to take 2mg without any extra steps.

My go-to dose for DOC is 2mg. A milligram and smaller is good for long driving trips IME. A friend of mine likes to take 3mg, no less. He says he doesnt like the feeling of hanging incomplete on lower dosages.

In a pursuit to reach some mythical ++++, I once took 6mg (+-0.3mg) over a course of 6 hours or so - it was pretty intense and at times disorienting, with heavy but pleasurable body load and lots of texture moving and shifting around, it reminded me of some nuthouse circus, not quite +4 but definite upper +++ experience. My body felt fragile but it was still surprisingly manageable mentally as DOC always presents itself as a very calming substance, almost sedating at times (at least to me), with lots of acceptance, larger dose make it really obvious.

Few times I have added a bit of Proscaline and it was great. Addition of any NMDA antagonists would be very pleasurable with DOC, although personally tried only with Memantine (I do week long cleansing with Memantine few times a year). Magnesium is a must with DOC, Phenibut also feels right at home, I also recommend to eat (but not too heavily) before dropping it. Garlic extract and L-Arginine help with vasoconstriction issues, that higher dose of DOC might give. Sometimes I make cayenne pepper+chamomile+kratom+honey+mint tea when on DOC too.;)

I also always crave company while tripping on DOC, the drug is very social. It might be interesting to test DMT while on DOC, as some people say it goes well with 4-AcO-DMT.

My go-to dose for DOC is 2mg. A milligram and smaller is good for long driving trips IME. A friend of mine likes to take 3mg, no less. He says he doesnt like the feeling of hanging incomplete on lower dosages.

I feel exactly the same way. 2mg is my go-to dose, and whenever I take very long road trips I take .5mg of DOC. It's not enough to trip, though it is a bit sparkly, but it keeps me lazer-focused and wide awake for a good 16 hours. I drive 13 hours to visit my parents and it's really hard to make it in one day unless I take .5mg of DOC.

Also yes, phenibut with DOC is wonderful. I almost always take phenibut with DOC, it enhances all the aspects of DOC that I love and also decreases bodyload (which, with DOC, consist of too much restless energy, not really an issue when you're being active but phenibut still smoothes it). And phenibut does not reduce the psychedelia of things at all, unlike a benzo or opiate or alcohol.