• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal

Lynn59

Greenlighter
If withdrawing from percocet at home, Is it advised to use Xanax for a week to help the process and help sleep? Is it ok to take add medicine like focalin to study for school while withdrawing from Percocet?

I would suggest you ride out the withdrawals. Xanax is a beast to come off of. You?re just trading one addiction for another.

Yes you are best off not trading one addiction for another. Benzo withdrawals are FAR worse than opioid withdrawals.

That said, using benzos will help tremendously with sleep and anxiety.

Gabapentin or pregabalin are also wonderful medications that help tremendously with opioid withdrawal. They can be habit forming as well but like with a benzo if you only use them short term to get through withdrawals this isn't an issue. These medications help even more than a benzo in my opinion as they tend to help mask the symptoms of opioid withdrawal better.

Using stimulants during opioid withdrawal is a complicated thing. Some people find they make them feel much worse, others say it helps. Who knows how it'll effect you. Same rules apply if you decide to use the focalin: becareful not to trade one addiction for another. You are much more susceptible to a new addiction during this time.

If withdrawing from percocet at home, Is it advised to use Xanax for a week to help the process and help sleep? Is it ok to take add medicine like focalin to study for school while withdrawing from Percocet?

I would use the xanax.... but for no longer than a week. Its pretty easy to stop at that point... but sleeping is still going to be hard, just so you know. You can try some otc meds like doxylamine at that point.