• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

1 month clean? opiates and Xanax

westbank23

Bluelighter
I cold turkey"ed it(minus the loperderm)...it was rough but i made it..

First week was a psychology and a physical train wreck.ive only gotten a total of 4hours of sleep that week..

Week 2 was no different than week 1...also got about 4-5hours of sleep for that week.

Week 3 feeling a little better but still battling with sleep and i have no energy..my body has been feeling so heavy and its hard to move around.

Week 4 Damn everything looks so good and bright,im eating alot and im talking alot.im getting about 5 hours A NIGHT OF SLEEP which is awesome.

Week 5 ..ok i think im 90% back to normal,i actually want to take my wife and kid out and go do something instead of staying home and nodding off...

After week 4,Every day was getting better and better..
Ive really really had to push myself to get where im at now and i dont want to mess my progress up..

This is my 2nd time quitting and this time its for good..
Both times,i was on 220mg a Day of roxycodine and 2mg xanax a day..

Maybe the only regret i had was not tapering down to a lower dose first and then quitting..

Wow man, props to you it takes A LOT of will power to do this trust me I went threw the same sh*t! A few years ago, I quit a heavy Xanax binge cold turkey as well and the withdrawals of the first two weeks were a nightmare.

Anxiety, depression, cravings, brain zaps, irritability, insomnia, brain fog, heart palpitations, loss of appetite, headache, paranoia etc.

Not fun at all... good to see you are doing better now!

That's amazing to hear Westbank!

You will benefit greatly from this but so will your wife and child. You have a lot going for you and a great attitude, don't ever go back!!!
Happy and proud of you Westbank!!!

Hugs,
your friend,
Ash.
I cold turkey"ed it(minus the loperderm)...it was rough but i made it..

First week was a psychology and a physical train wreck.ive only gotten a total of 4hours of sleep that week..

Week 2 was no different than week 1...also got about 4-5hours of sleep for that week.

Week 3 feeling a little better but still battling with sleep and i have no energy..my body has been feeling so heavy and its hard to move around.

Week 4 Damn everything looks so good and bright,im eating alot and im talking alot.im getting about 5 hours A NIGHT OF SLEEP which is awesome.

Week 5 ..ok i think im 90% back to normal,i actually want to take my wife and kid out and go do something instead of staying home and nodding off...

After week 4,Every day was getting better and better..
Ive really really had to push myself to get where im at now and i dont want to mess my progress up..

This is my 2nd time quitting and this time its for good..
Both times,i was on 220mg a Day of roxycodine and 2mg xanax a day..

Maybe the only regret i had was not tapering down to a lower dose first and then quitting..

Thank you for sharing your experience with us westbank23. There is a great deal of freedom on this side. Do what it takes to maintain it!

Thank you thank you everyone.this place has been great and I've learned alot reading all the threads,so thank you bluelight.org and all the members,You guys and gals are the real MVP"s

westbank23 your an inspiration to many who are fighting the good fight. Great post and keep up the good work man!

Good morning westbank, thanks for the update, good for you!!! Keep it up, you have so much going for you my friend!!!

Hugs,
Ash.