• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any help??

shouldvestayedhome

Bluelighter
I am looking for any help or advice in my recovery from ECSTASY abuse. I was a light user 2 occassions spaced out between 3 years. I have been in recovery June 25, 2017.

My last abuse was with 2 untested high strength pills (500mgish). I have been suffering from the long term effects i.e. deep depression, anxiety, poor memory, poor concentration, impaired verbal fluency/recall.

Although there is a recovery thread it hasn't been help as of late. I just want to be normal again. Please help!

I have never taken such a large dose.

Are you saying you’ve only rolled twice in your life?

Hello!

As you might be aware or not, 500mg is a very heavy dose! Make sure you eat healthy foods rich in L-Tryptophan (the precursor to Serotonin), positive mindset and exercise, take a walk in sunshine, hit up the gym etc. Stay off all the drugs until you're back to your former self. Your brains serotonin receptors are down-regulated and need a lot of time to heal back up, we are talking several months and possibly years depending on the neurotoxicity damage levels. Remember that the best natural healers are sober time and a healthy lifestyle!

While this won't be a magic cure, you might want to try natural supplements to heal up like 5HTP to help serotonin restoration, St. John's Wort and Magnesium to help depression and anxiety. You can find them at your local pharmacy/drug store.

Also, you could take SSRIs like citalopram, zoloft or celexa. Although, a lot of people absolutely hate the effects of antidepressants (me included), so I'm not sure I would recommend. On the other hand, you could try benzos to help mask the anxiety, that's what I used to do like quite a few MDMA abusers, it's kinda clever at first until you get benzo addiction, so it's a double edge sword.

Anyways, hang in there things will get better!

- Hap.

@Cap

I rolled on differrnt two occasions. I rolled two nights in a row (night one 1 pill & night two redosed w/ 2 halves).

@Hapomen22

Thanks for the advice I do think I suffered from a neurotoxic event for the weekend. I did everything you weren't supposed to do. But it my first and only time abusing an illicit substance. I hope recovery come faster than I think.

You'll be fine and back to baseline soon. If you think too much those issues you have you'll be much worse. Just eat healthy, exercise and abstain from all drugs for a while and you'll be ok.

I don't advise it but I consume about a gram of pure MDMA on a single roll and I have never experienced even a normal comedown and I do that once a month or sometimes even often than thaf.

Today I had a quirk with my pocket scale and took over 350mgs instead of 200mg I was intended to take...

Depression, anxiety, poor memory, poor concentration, impaired verbal fluency/recall, weird head pressure/pain, and bad insomnia. I cant believe it has been 15 months since my abuse FML :/

I am looking for any help or advice in my recovery from ECSTASY abuse. I was a light user 2 occassions spaced out between 3 years. I have been in recovery June 25, 2017.

My last abuse was with 2 untested high strength pills (500mgish). I have been suffering from the long term effects i.e. deep depression, anxiety, poor memory, poor concentration, impaired verbal fluency/recall.

Although there is a recovery thread it hasn't been help as of late. I just want to be normal again. Please help!

your last dose was 2 pills, more than a year ago, and you still havent returned to baseline "normal"? thats extremely abnormal. are you taking any other drugs or prescriptions?

honestly, whats probably the case here is that you were already predisposed to these kinds of problems, and the mdma was a catalyst for it to 'start'. i suggest you talk to your doctor about it. normally it only takes about a month or maybe a coulpe months to return to 'normal' even after heavy and prolonged mdma use.

your last dose was 2 pills, more than a year ago, and you still havent returned to baseline "normal"? thats extremely abnormal. are you taking any other drugs or prescriptions?

honestly, whats probably the case here is that you were already predisposed to these kinds of problems, and the mdma was a catalyst for it to 'start'. i suggest you talk to your doctor about it. normally it only takes about a month or maybe a coulpe months to return to 'normal' even after heavy and prolonged mdma use.

Search through my answers on the MDMA harm reduction thread. Or PM me and I will talk to you directly. It took me years to stabalise after a MDMA binge that lasted 4-5 months and where I took roughly 300-400pills. It is possible. Talk to me.

@tathra

I think you're right I may have been predisposed to something and it triggered/excarebated by the use. All the doctors think I just have depression. I am functional but I am not the same happy person I used to be.

Search through my answers on the MDMA harm reduction thread. Or PM me and I will talk to you directly. It took me years to stabalise after a MDMA binge that lasted 4-5 months and where I took roughly 300-400pills. It is possible. Talk to me.

i used to mod Ecstasy Discussion way back when raves were still a thing and bluelight was mostly ravers, so i have anecdotal data from a rather large sample group. everyone is different, but naturally after a long, high-dose binge it'll take you a while to get back to normal (been there, done that); using just twice a month can lead to a period of 4-6 weeks to stabilize and recover. OP only used twice though, more than a year ago, thats likely to be something else rather than just an absurdly long recovery period. even PAWS from a serious, long term drug addiction shouldnt last more than a year iirc. even assuming the pills contained a serotonergic amphetamine instead of an mdxa analogue, its still an unusual result.

Last edited:
He's not the only one. God this thread is depressing.

@tathra I hope you are resting well too.

We have lost far too many people.

Fuck I think I'm gonna cry again. :(