View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Visual snow gets worse with LSD?

Binsmokey

Greenlighter
Have had Visual snow my whole life, but after a Long term comedown induced by MDMA, of which I experienced the whole Derealization/depsonalisation followed by Anxiety thing. Towards the end of the Long term come down visual snow began to become a lot more noticeable. I believe this is most likely caused by a hyper metabolism. Which is esssntially a neurological defence mechanism.

Anyway, it?s been a few years since this. And of course I still have visual snow, and I have accepted it as part of my life, and don?t let it effect me. However, I am a creative person, and see Psychedellics like LSD and mushrooms as greatly beneficial. I have done mushrooms and LSD recently with no change to visual snow. I?m kinda void of the risk of HPPD as I?ve accepted I?ve got permanent visual snow now. So I kinda look at LSD like I?ve got nothing to lose, and LSD compared to MDMA is not neurotoxic. I believe MDMA can cause neurological damage with abuse, or if taken in combination with such drugs as piparezines (of which I believed happened to me, and caused my long term come down, due to my body not being able to metabolise the MDMA).

Doing MDMA now, causes me too much psychological anxiety as the chance of actual Neurological damage is too existent as a Genuine Psychological worry. So, I would rather stick to the physically safer LSD and Mushrooms. I believe they are far more productive anyway, especially in pusuing a creative career such as what I wish to do (aspiring film maker).

I want to know if anyone with visual snow reports any increase in visual snow after using LSD? As I am also interested in microdosing, as the general consensus is that microdosing is hugely beneficial for creativity.

I thought so at first, but really I think I just focused on it more after learning about HPPD. I've had visual snow since high school at least, a full decade before I took my first dose of LSD.

Yes I think it?s very much the whole thought loop of ?I?ve just taken LSD, which I know can cause visual snow, so my visual snow COULD be worse? and then the days after LSD you are far more observant of your snow, and with visual snow, the more you think it exists and is a problem, the more it is.

I have come to the conclusion that visual snow is a brilliant Metaphor for life. It forces you to accept it, it teaches you so much mental discipline. Life by nature is band meaning defined by our suffering and dealing with the suffering. Visual snow is very minor suffering, but teaches you a greater metaphor.

So in regards to your LSD usage, you continue to take it fairly regularly with no huge Percuptual changes?

I tried LSD for the first time about 4 years ago. Since then i have tripped, on average, on LSD or a range of other psychedelics, about every other weekend, and that might be a conservative estimate. So far I don't think visual static has increased, just my awareness of it from time to time.

I tend to keep my doses in the medium to high range, usually aiming for +++ . That would typically be 3 tabs of LSD, or 30+mg of a 4-sub-tryp or 2CB.