• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cotton fever! What is it? And should you be worried? Tonight at 11

Slimpug69

Greenlighter
Is cotton fever real? And what exactly is it? I usually always do a big ole cotton hot after I?ve gone thru my batch.

I know this is dirty, but I can?t just run down the block to cop so it?s totally worth it when your out of dope and need something.

Usually I get real bad cold sweats and hot flashes the next day. I take a sub usually if I have one But I still get these bad sides. Is that just WD or is that the notorious cotton fever ?

i'm sorry but your thread topic sux, cotton fever is very real it is usually caused due to injecting bad cottons. i have had this a few times usually after rinsing cottons a few times its basically caused by letting your cottons grow bacteria and than injecting them

Is there anyway to keep them more sterile? I can?t jsutify waisting a hit and tossing them

Better questions might be what kind of cotton they are, and if you ARE in fact experiencing cotton fever.

I can't judge you for what you're doing cause I've done it too, lots of times and probably worse. When you're desperate you just do whatever it takes. But point is, I've never gotten cotton sick. Now maybe that's just luck, but if I've done this lots of times and never gotten sick, and you've done it lots of times and ALWAYS get sick. Then something else is up.

Could you give some more details about exactly what you're doing and experiencing? Where the cotton comes from, what happens to it between use and reuse. How you prepare it, what your symptoms are and how fast they come on after shooting?

I'm not gonna judge you and I very much doubt anyone else here will either. Most people here understand how desperation can fuck with your head and priorities.

If you’re getting cold sweats THE NEXT DAY that sounds like withdrawal. If I remember correctly, cotton fever is a splitting headache and shaking so bad your teeth chatter, and starts within the hour, not the day after. Hopefully someone else chimes in bc I’m not 100% positive.

Try ray drying out your cottons right after you use them and put them somewhere for later. Don’t keep them wet, that makes an even better breeding ground than than cotton already is

It probably is WD and not cotton fever. I generally will save my cottons from every brick I get and then when the brick is done I do the rinse. I use cotton balls for the most part very occasionally I?ll use a Qtip and if I?m home I keep the cottons in open air to dry so they don?t get moldy, if I?m out and about I might put them in a baggy while I?m out or at work etc. I usually use the same cotton for 3-5 hits.

I've had cotton fever. It sets in immediately, not a day or even an hour later; IMMEDIATELY! It does feel alot like withdrawal, what with the freezing and shaking and muscle/body aches. Usually I don't get vomiting with it though.

That said, I treat my cottons like this; I draw my fluid through them, run them around my cooker to soak up any remaining juices. If there's too much for it to hold, I'll suck it up in a syringe, then stick the cotton into an empty stamp bag, add an extra clean cotton, then spray the excess fluid I pulled up into said bag. Then I simply seal the bag up tightly so no bacteria can get in. I've never gotten cotton fever from cottons till I've rinsed them at least once. Whether they sat for a day or weeks, as long as they still have dope in them and the bag is sealed, I've never gotten cotton fever. Usually I get it from trying to re-rinse cottons or reuse cottons that I've already used and then rinse.

If I have to use cottons that I've already saved and then rinse, I put them in the cooker, add plain water, and boil it. Then it seems safe to reuse. Never had a problem that way.

It's all about being careful. Just remember, u can never go wrong with boiling something. I've also gotten cotton fever from rinsing cottons but not boiling the rinse; just shooting it directly from the rinse. I learned the hard way to always cook my rinse

Those are my tips. No buggy, nothing super special or original. Just my 2 cents... Well, in my case maybe half a cent.

Thanks dawg, I?ve never gotten it either then. I don?t let them sit for more than a day or two

Thanks dawg, I?ve never gotten it either then. I don?t let them sit for more than a day or two
Honestly, if u keep them sealed ur all good. I've found cottons that I stashed months ago, threw them in about 80ml of hot water, squeezed and squished them good till they were well rinsed, then boiled the resulting liquid with my lighter and shot it up; got high off my ass.

The only way I’ve found to offset cotton fever is to hop in a hot shower the instant you feel it coming on!!! Seriously, you don’t even go through the hell of what is cotton fever!!!!

The first symptom for me is I’ll start stretching, a lot. Then I’ll get a chill, then the shit hits the fan for a miserable amount of hours! It usually creeps up on me in about 30 mins to an hr. As soon as I notice the first or second stretch I grab a giant cup of ice water & whatever else is cold from the fridge...but you gotta hustle! Take a hooooooottttt asssssss shower. Keep raising the temps as needed but don’t burn yourself obviously. You’ll be in there for like 30 mins!! No bath, it gets too cold too quickly & you’ll just run out of hot water & make yourself more miserable (trust me?).

The sooner you can get in the better as I’m assuming it gets your blood flowing & pumps out the bad shit. The rest of your day isn’t even ruined!
I remembered reading a post here on cotton fever long ago & every time I’m in the shower warding off symptoms I’ve meant to suggest this! I just got out of the shower trying to prevent it from coming in & I feel totally fie. I swear it works (for me at least)!

TRY IT! Works for me every single time!!