• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone on top of SNRI Cymbalta?

N0torious1235

Greenlighter
I do not take Cymbalta regularly, I just have leftover pills. It was discontinued by my doctor because it wasn?t the proper long-term antidepressant for me. Since having stopped taking antidepressants in general, I have taken Cymbalta on several one-off occasions with many days in between(either 30mg or 60mg). A few times the 30mg dosage did very little, just removed my anxiety and made me a little more social, but no fuzzy euphoric ?high? (which I do get from this drug - however, it only seems to happen when I am actually depressed or upset). Plus, when I began taking Cymbalta when it was prescribed to me, I had about a solid 3 days of euphoria.

Im not chasing that Cymbalta euphoria right now - currently on 60mg - it?s slightly there but I only took it today thinking I?d have to work a 12 hour shift, and I didnt get a lot of sleep last night. Rough nights or random spouts of depression are the only reason I take this stuff in the morning anymore, it works pretty much 100% of the time and leaves me feeling normal the day after.

However, I got called off today unexpectedly. I have had 4 hydro 5/325?s on hand for a while and I?ve just been waiting for a day to take them all (20mg is my favorite dosage). I know that all antidepressants affect people differently, but does anyone have a guess as to how these two drugs would interact with each other if I took the hydros? My hope was that the euphoria from the hydros would be potentiated by the Cymbalta.

some other feelings I get from Cymbalta:
-dry mouth
-alertness
-slight nausea
-very minor teeth clenching
-feeling of tranquility
-optimistic outlook
-severely reduced anxiety
-reduced low back pain
-frequent yawning
-warm muscles

Any suggestions?

Weird that people get something else than inability to cum from duloxetine...

Nothing potentiating with this combo as they don't have effect on eachother's mechanism of action.

Weird that people get something else than inability to cum from duloxetine...

Nothing potentiating with this combo as they don't have effect on eachother's mechanism of action.

Hahaha, and believe me I get that too. One time I managed to finish and I thought I was going to have a heart attack at how fast my chest was beating!

So it would be safe to take the whole dosage?