View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Witnessing the very fabric of space-time on mushrooms

greg-zamboni

Greenlighter
I've recently been thinking about a psilocybin trip I had a few months ago, and want to know if anyone here has experienced anything similar. I consumed a capsule and a half of extracted psilocin, each capsule containing the equivalent of 3.5g of dried mushrooms. I eyeballed the cut of the powder, so I took anywhere between the equivalent of 5-5.3g. I have taken actual mushrooms, wet and dry, and can vouch for these capsules. Previously my highest dose was 4g of shrooms. I tripped with a few of my friends, and we took turns going under a blanket with this glow in the dark blown glass orb that I own, it's pretty crazy to look at while tripping.

While I was under the blanket listening to very trippy music my vision kept distorting and at one point I was convinced that I was holding my own consciousness, then I realized this must mean I am outside of my consciousness since I am looking at it. This realization tripped me out and launched me even further into the experience, I think I was in and out of ego death for the first time there. This mosaic formation which looked like stained glass began filling my vision from the edges in until I relaxed and allowed it to cover my entire vision, blocking me from seeing the glass ball completely. I then closed my eyes and it remained, but now there were these symbols in each of the little stained glass shapes, they were mathematical symbols, such as e, pi, theta, and countless other symbols and each square kept switching between the symbols incredibly fast, flickering between different ones. The entire mosaic pulsed colors and shapes as well.

Eventually the mosaic began distorting into three dimensional shapes, like those three dimensional graphs. It got increasingly more complex and I was mind blown, and curious as to where this was going, but my friends began tapping me and speaking to me to make sure I was okay as I had been motionless and speechless under the blanket for a long-ass time. That broke my immersion and I haven't seen the mosaic since, though I want to go back and try to see it in its entirety, maybe by tripping on shrooms alone for maximum immersion.

Anyways, I think the mosaic I saw was my mind's representation of the very fabric of space-time, and I've been thinking about what I would have seen had I been able to stay in that state longer. I think it might have morphed into a shape so complex that it would become every surface in our world, thought that is only speculation and if that's true then I really want to see that with my own eyes, (or my mind's eye).

Has anyone here experienced anything similar, and can you help me further understand this vision from your perspectives?

Over time I have come to the conclusion that all ideas/thoughts find their opposite at some point, today you think they are genuine revelations of great importance(they are), but tomorrow they can be an example of what you no longer consider a truth Absolute
Accepting contradiction as a superior vehicle of knowledge is a wise exercise for all of us. In that sense, your next trip may reveal something new in the same direction or, on the contrary, tilt your mind towards a paradigm shift.

For me, the "psychedelic exercise" is based on fitting all these "antagonistic realities" into something coherent that challenges the rationality to reach a higher level of understanding of the Universe, this should enrich us as human beings and catapult us towards a more holistic/quantum understanding of the Reality in which we live.
In the framework time/space fit all possible interpretations that we are able to formulate, in your Psilocina journey you have formulated a new equation that is unique and unrepeatable.
Psychedelics seem to help us find all these hidden formulas at great speed.

Each experience shows us a piece of infinity, nothing is false and nothing true but everything can evolve and change.
With an open mind you will reach all kinds of strange and surprising ideas without going crazy, I think that madness is the unequivocal condition of those who do not want / can accept that Reality is above all absurd, contradictory and ambiguous.

I really do not have an answer to your questions, or rather, I have endless answers ...8)

Now you must recreate yourself in your consciousness and enjoy your latest discoveries.

By the way, good trip report.

DocLad

Last edited:
@ OP, I think we all experience something like that.
Not that it means what it appears to mean, but it is groovy anyway

I?ve often seen this on trips. The visuals tend to array themselves in a grid. However, I think the grid is an artifact of my own neural circuitry rather than an artifact of the universe. What happens when that grid breaks down is more like stepping outside of my own mind.

I once found myself floating through a dark grid. As the trip intensified 'I' became an all encompassing entity that existed in the void. No longer my old self I was a God and at that moment all time and space occurred at once and I could control it. Unfortunately I dropped back into myself and decided to return to my family.

Good report. I don't see a grid as much as I liken it to a grid -- what I see (when I consider my own experiences of seeing the matrix) are tiny sparkling dots tying everything together in various excitatory phases.

I?ve often seen this on trips. The visuals tend to array themselves in a grid. However, I think the grid is an artifact of my own neural circuitry rather than an artifact of the universe. What happens when that grid breaks down is more like stepping outside of my own mind.

Earlier in that same trip I actually experienced something very similar. At that point where I was looking at the glass orb and imagining it was my own consciousness, I held it up to my eye and looked at the grid of interconnecting glow in the dark lines, and I thought I was looking at a piece of the neural circuitry in my brain as well. I actually saw bolts of light traveling through the lines like neurons firing, sending signals scattering across the grid just as they scatter across my brain. Really interesting, crazy shit. I think that the message I was getting at is the classic "I am the universe and the universe is me"

I tend to ponder this often and have come to the conclusion that if these visions were the mathematical product of our neuronal circuitry then they would be the same every time.

I could be wrong though.

some great posts in this thread.
i especially love the first one, as you describe the trip so well.

i tend to be of the opinion - somewhat like the above - is that what i am experiencing is a massive alteration of my consciousness by psychedelic drugs, rather than a visual revelation of the nature of reality broken down into its constituent parts or something.

this sounds kind of dismissive - which is not intentional - but i just think what you are describing are hallucinations, combined with a sense of mystical wonder, which makes the experience feel incredibly profound. :)
it's easy to believe that you're being shown some fundamental truth, because that's what it feels like - but i think it's important to remember that the effects you get are a result of massively altered states of consciousness due to the psilocybin, and not necessarily anything more revelatory than that.

i think it's important to remember that the effects you get are a result of massively altered states of consciousness due to the psilocybin

This has always been important to me with psychedelics. My first trip was on LSD when I was just 16, and at that point my curiosity overpowered my caution, and so I did it knowing I would experience drug-driven insanity long before I really should. In an attempt at mental protection, I told myself repeatedly going in that anything I would experience is just the drug altering my mind, nothing else, no matter what.

A couple hours into the trip, I closed my eyes and had a religious experience even though I was an atheist at the time. I heard a voice telling me that he was a more evolved being who watches over me and can influence the universe to go my way, or at the very least alert me of things he knows are happening/will happen. I was skeptical and even then I knew I was just tripping, and it knew that and called me out on it. It then showed me countless memories where I had a gut feeling about something, followed it and it helped me out in the end. I actually saw the memories, like i was standing in them in 3D. They were all real.

It was an extremely convincing show, I was speechless. It then told me that it cannot speak to me directly but can now because of my altered state of mind, and it told me that whenever I get a strong gut feeling, I should follow it because it's him sending me a message. It then told me I knew where to find it if I needed guidance, and that it's time for me to wake up. I woke up.

Later, while pondering the trip I thought about the people who do a lot of drugs that have some crazy wack ideas and even beliefs sometimes, the people that "normal" people would consider crazy. I always feared becoming one of those people, and I realized that even though it was scarily convincing and tempting, if I really believed a single word that voice said and acted upon it, I would become one of those people, I would become drug-driven "crazy".

What I took away from that trip is that I am stupid to be so absolute in my denial of a higher power, and that from now on I will believe that there may be something out there, but no human knows what it is, so all religions are still bunk. I went from an atheist to an agnostic, and today I'm still very glad I did. I've always remembered my interpretation of that moment and though I often internalize things I learn during my trips, I never believe really specific shit like that. When it comes down to it, if I did, I would be the dude who does crazy shit because "the voice of the more evolved being told him to always follow his impulses".

What the human mind is capable of creating, especially when chemically augmented, is incredible and it's crucial to never forget that.

this sounds kind of dismissive - which is not intentional - but i just think what you are describing are hallucinations, combined with a sense of mystical wonder, which makes the experience feel incredibly profound. :)
it's easy to believe that you're being shown some fundamental truth, because that's what it feels like - but i think it's important to remember that the effects you get are a result of massively altered states of consciousness due to the psilocybin, and not necessarily anything more revelatory than that.

Something no more revealing than that, in my opinion, can be tremendously revealing.

I think we can not differentiate if it is an alteration of consciousness or a revelation of Reality. In fact, when we look at Reality without drugs it is also an alteration since the brain's own chemistry creates your perception of the world, and what we perceive then does not have to be more Real, it simply adjusts better to our daily life.
Well, this is a good philosophical debate, I love it. The nature / origin of the Reality has hallucinated me for a long time.

I agree with you on one thing. It is not necessary to attach too much importance to the psychedelic visions, I mean, it is not healthy to sink the feet in a state of megalomania or to believe that paranoia can coexist in society.

DocLad

Something no more revealing than that, in my opinion, can be tremendously revealing.

I think we can not differentiate if it is an alteration of consciousness or a revelation of Reality. In fact, when we look at Reality without drugs it is also an alteration since the brain's own chemistry creates your perception of the world, and what we perceive then does not have to be more Real, it simply adjusts better to our daily life.
Well, this is a good philosophical debate, I love it. The nature / origin of the Reality has hallucinated me for a long time.

I agree with you on one thing. It is not necessary to attach too much importance to the psychedelic visions, I mean, it is not healthy to sink the feet in a state of megalomania or to believe that paranoia can coexist in society.

DocLad

Completely agree. while the subjective content of the visions may or may not be 'real' ,the fact that we can experience them and that they tend to push us towards being better, more altruistic individuals tells me that there may be more to what we see daily to life and death. Why should a visionary experience like this be euphoric? If you posit that sex feels good for evolutionary reasons, making us want more, and propagate the species, maybe DMT and psychedelics are euphoric because something or someone wan wants us to get the message.

There is no pharmacological rule that says in order to get psychedelic visions, one must also feel euphoria? If you felt like dog shit or poisoned we would not trip.

That doesnt mean the visions are a direct representation to space-time, neuronal firing patterns, or the machinery of gods plan. But that does not mean they are not trying to convey a message either?

Who really knows? No one!