• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

quinine as cut, in freebase gear Qs

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
When quinine is used as a cut in freebase gear, of the type thats prevalent in the UK, is the quinine also present as the base? or is a mix of diamorphine base and a quinine salt more likely in such a scenario?

Have anyone any suggestions as to the best solvents for its removal, from freebase gear? either by washing it out, or dissolving the H. A little tricky without knowing whether the quinine is in the protonated or deprotonated form.

Almost all of the gear in the UK is the classic paracetamol/caffeine cut because it's so easy and cheap to obtain and is accepted by the customers.If you salt the H then that tertiary amine may get salted but either way, the stuff is pretty soluble. It's only added to make the stuff taste strong... but anyone who decides on the taste of what is supposed to be a freebase deserves what they get. The higher the pH, the less potent the quinine is. the pKa of diamorphine is 7.25 while the pKa of quinine is 4.5 so adding citrus very slowly, cooking & then cooling may allow filtering but H with quinine in it - thumbs down.........

I'm keen to see someone pull the DHC trick. DHC is sturdy in the presence of quite potent oxidents so what happens is the 6-OH is oxidized to the ketone (bisulfite convenient to extract) while the N-methyl becomes the amide - the formamide to be exact. Hydrolysis is really easy and the right aldehyde and the right borohydride yields something that is great for starving the dealers. That would be my preferred choice. End organized drug distribution and have people micro-scaling their own. I was bored waiting for dealers by 1985....

Or a 1-pot 6-demethylation and then esterification using anhydrous HBr gas (30% solution in GAA, 90-100 'C, 2 hours) to give 6-AcO-dihydromorphine, which is I must admit, quite the impressive opioid, high yields too. And it goes particularly well in combination with memantine, if the two are mixed together in the same syringe, (note-this is NOT a starting dose for a non-opioid tolerant person, I'm a chronic pain patient and at the time, shooting 1g uncut dipropionylmorphine [this wasn't a street product, and the morphine it came from was of pharmaceutical grade and origin, the dipropionylmorphine in question was most certainly, something I could vouch for as not having the most remote possibility of its having been tampered with] in a single dose, to give an idea of tolerance.

300mg 6-AcO-dihydromorphine plus about 100mg memantine produced such a strong and prolonged IV rush that it had me staggering around the house holding on to stuff for dear life for about 3/4 hour before the high itself even started!

I couldn't agree more, btw with your idea about people doing their own drugs on small scales, that way, enough could be available for the individual, plus the likes of nights in with a few close friends etc. as a great model for drug availability (along with some sold at pharmacies, taxed and all the tax take going towards treating any health issues suffered by users within the medical setting), certainly its viable for the likes of phenethylamines, entactogens of the MDxx sort, cathinones, tryptamines for those with more experience and knowhow in O-chem, and the simple stimulant amphetamines, as well as psychedelic amphetamines, since it is really not at all difficult for someone with relatively basic chemical knowledge to say, prepare P2P via knoevanagel condensation, going through P2NP, to P2P, then the ketoxime and finally Boveault-Blanc reduction of ketoxime to primary amine, the P2NP>P2P just needs a pinch or two of ferric chloride in glacial acetic acid with some excess iron powder, which is later removed via vac filtration and extraction into DCM, washing with H2O and with brine etc. and formation of the ketoxime is easy enough with a base as mild as NaOAc to deprotonate the NH2OH.HCl, or carbonate, no horrendously dangerous reagents needed, as long as one can manage to cut up sodium metal with a knife under mineral oil, given the benzaldehyde being available and the nitroethane plus an organic amine base, then there really isn't anything to stop somebody new from pulling it off, or even reducing the P2NP directly with RED-Al, for those who don't want to jump straight in to using LAH; or else a two step reduction first of the double bond and then to the amine via borohydride and then that same Fe/GAA/FeCl3 (80-85 'C, 2.5-3 hours)