• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to convert Zyban (bupropion) into something more friendly for intranasal?

Shrubbity

Greenlighter
I'm fully aware that this drug lowers the seizure threshold. It does however give me a decent stim boost when snorted (focus, energy, sociability) which is better than nothing since I'm broke and I use moderately. However crushing and snorting it literally goes straight into your lungs, and does not feel friendly on the nose. What methods can I go through in order to make it snortable?
Unfortunately leaving the bupropion in water and removing pills after 24 hrs method doesn't apply to this form Zyban, all the constituents seem soluble in water (inactive ingredients carnauba wax, cysteine hydrochloride, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, and titanium dioxide). Many of the chemicals are soluble in water. I know bupropion is highly soluble in water and different chemicals are of different solubility is there a means of extracting the bupropion or as much as possible?
I did try a crude CWE but not sure if I did it correctly, the remaining goop looked pretty much the same as the filtered stuff and took hours to filter through, after I evaporated the water the coating at least seemed to reconstitute which made it easy to pick off. Maybe I didn't use enough water, on further inspection the resulting stuff was not easy to manipulate and looked very very flakey (not like a paste/powder at all) and for some reason I freaked the feck out and flushed it, so didn't try any to test. Possibly the flakiness was just the coating reconstituting but it did seem like there was a lot of it. What would I have achieved by doing this? Possibly the extraction contained more bupropion and less filler shit? Or what?
Any easy means that I can remove the caustic fillers and make it easier on the nose?

Cheers

As an update I extracted a pill with 99.7% pure isopropyl alcohol, filtered it, air dried etc and it seemed to yield a purer version of what I was snorting before. The yield seemed about correct and it's certainly active. Only trouble is it still goes straight to the back of the throat, is this due to the molecule's lightness? EDIT: No, I think it's because one nostril is fucked. So yeah, it was a complete success if anyone wanted to know how to extract it. It stings a bit, so it's definitely not great for your nose but it certainly hits better than fillered shite I did before, and also is half the powder.

Last edited: