• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My personal experiences / discussion welcome

sos123sos

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

So this should just be a short history about my drug usage over the past few years, plus a couple simple questions about other peoples experiences.
Edit: English isn't my first language (Dutch is) so sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

To start things of: I can't handle my canabis. Give me just 3 hits of a joint and I'll either faint or tell you I need to lie down RIGHT NOW and sleep till morning... My first bad experience with canabis was in high school during lunch break. Took a couple hits, almost fainted in class, my dad came to pick me up (I was about 16 at the time). He then took me to the doctor who told me I have low blood pressure. Could be a good explanation, since every time I go for a check-up or anything she always tells me this (so it wasn't just the weed lowering it). Ever since then I've pretty much avoided smoking it. From the times I did, 9 out of 10 sucked for me. I tried it again about 2 weeks ago (after not smoking it for almost 2 years) and got the same result. We were at a friends' house so I just told him I was gonna sleep on the couch, thankfully he's a great friend and was totally A-OK with it.

The strange thing is that all other drugs I've tried so far have given me a great high. At this point in my life I've only really tried MDMA (both in powdered form, taking it with some beer, and in pill form) and cocaine. As some of you might know, I've been in a pretty bad place concerning my cocaine usage. Not because I was using way too much, more because I wasn't okay with myself using it how often I was at the time (for more details/insight into this period from my life, feel free to visit my profile and read my previous posts). I gotta admit though that whilst I'm writing this, I did just take a line of coke. Despite that fact, I'm pretty damn proud of myself. Tonight is the first time I've used coke in close to 2 months! (YAY ME) In the meantime I have taken a couple pills at techno/rave parties, and I seem to have a lot less problems with keeping away from those. They're great and all, but the day after I feel a lot less like I want another one right away...

So, what are your experiences with different forms of drugs? Got any tips for a rookie/recreational user like myself?
Also, mods, I'm sorry but I wasn't sure about where to post this so feel free to move it.

Greetings, OppositeNote

P.S. I'm 24 years old if anyone was wondering

And here we are again, the point where I show my lack of character. I started this thread at 4:13 am local time. Right now it's bloody 8:03 am. I didn't go to sleep, I didn't stop at 1 line like I promised myself. In 11 hours I have to start work at the bar, knowing full well that even if I go to bed right this second, I'll be awake for at least another 3 hours.

Does anyone have any tips on how to gain more self-control? On how to find the strength to say "after this line, you HAVE to, you WILL go to bed"?

Kind regards, someone strugling to find themselve.

if you wanna go to bed after a line, swallow a benzo. that way if you happen to do another line, it will be far weaker and eventually you’d feel sleepy and such. now if this makes you do more drugs then you probably shouldn’t even be doing them. you need to accept when it’s time to come down. it will just get nasty if you don’t

take something decently strong if you’ve been binging hard too.

a dopamine antagonist will surely knock you out.