• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dexedrine Diet - Need Advice

Tomer

Bluelighter
Hey Guys,

Hope all is well. So, I am well versed when it comes to the diet and hydration needed in conjunction with Dexedrine. However, I have run into a serious issue that has had an adverse effect on my energy and stomach.

So, as part of my diet, I understand I need to consume some type of sugar along with my usual proteins. Now, I have a very healthy diet, but the problem is, anytime I consume sugar, this leads to major stomach irritation while on Dexedrine. So, I figured I'd reach out for advice and see what others could recommend would be a safe alternative. Without sugar, whether it be fruits, etc, I feel very fatigued on the medication. I have a very low tolerance to it, as well. Your advice is welcome.

Cheers

Tomer

What about starches that break down into sugar, like yams, potatoes, squash, carrots?

What about dairy which also breaks down into sugar?

These all become sugar further down the GI and not in the stomach... but they have to be digested first.

It sounds like Dexedrine could be causing hypoglycemia. If you have affordable healthcare, I recommend asking your doctor for a fasting morning glucose blood test and the A1C test.

What are you using Dexedrine for?

Foreigner

Thanks for the response. I have actually had my glucose checked due to being a member of a company that tests your gut bacteria and provides diets based on its findings. So, I am in the clear in regards to that.

I don't become overly fatigued always, but it happens from time to time. I should have prefaced this all by saying it only happens while on the medication. I don't feel loss of energy on days removed from the meicine.

I take it for ADD and am careful with my dosage as I am quite sensitive to medication. Your food suggestions could be helpful. I do not consume dairy, however. I believe i need to consume hearty meals 45 min to an hour before ingestion of the medication and this should hopefully smooth thjngs out. Look forward to your response.

Cheers

Tomer

Foreigner,

I just reread what you wrote and find it interesting. Should I retake the glucose test with dexedrine in my system? Also, have you heard of others experiencing dexedrine induced hypoglycemia?