• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Phenibut taper help

ryanrhino

Greenlighter
I've been lurking and have found many different types of tapers but have had conflicting information. I've been using phenibut and have found myself "stupidly" taking 2000mg daily and need to taper off, I've heard of tapering daily 100mg a day and holding a day or so on the weekends, then others tapering 250mg every week until you get around the 750mg then slowing down to around 100mg. Then there are some really slow tapers that say 10% every few weeks. My problem is I don't start to get the withdrawal feeling sometimes till day 3 so I'm having a hard time finding a correct steady taper. My withdrawal is purely anxiety which is how I got on phenibut to start with. I currenty have a prescription of 1800mg of gapapentin so I know this works in the equation aswell. Just need some support on successful tapers. No horror stories please, my mind already has a tendency to do that on it's own LOL.

Honestly man you aren't in too bad of shape. I was taking six grams a day for a while and tapering was impossible for me. I jumped off cold turkey from the phenibut and just used gabapentin. It pretty much stopped all withdrawal besides some depression and I could actually sleep. Have you tried that? Having gabapentin is a lifesaver man.

Yeah that's not too high at all. Day three is exactly when I'd expect major withdrawal symptoms to manifest - don't wait that long to redose. I'd say just try reducing by 100mg every other day. This way you will still feel the effects of the phenibut and it shouldn't cause withdrawal. Or perhaps daily if that's how often you dose and it works. Really its just whatever works for you.

I think that there is a misconception that people have to experience withdrawal when coming off something.

It was really hard for me to taper because at one point I was just taking random amounts (incredibly stupid) and in large doses, so I had no clue where I was at dosage wise. I never got to a comfortable dosage so I just ordered gabapentin and quit it completely. I dont need with phenibut too much anymore but I have a decent amount including one unopened tub that I am saving for when I can use it responsibly again. I totally underestimated how bad that withdrawal was going to be. Insomnia being by far the worst symptom to deal with.

Never again. Once every two weeks for me, and I am taking a long break because that stuff wreaks havoc on the gaba receptors.

But you know your dose and you have gabapentin to help you. You should be able to beat this with little to no discomfort in my opinion.

Yeah that's not too high at all. Day three is exactly when I'd expect major withdrawal symptoms to manifest - don't wait that long to redose. I'd say just try reducing by 100mg every other day. This way you will still feel the effects of the phenibut and it shouldn't cause withdrawal. Or perhaps daily if that's how often you dose and it works. Really its just whatever works for you.

I think that there is a misconception that people have to experience withdrawal when coming off something.

I would go with this taper plan and taje gabapentin as needed. 10% every two weeks seems really slow and as horrifyingly bad phenibut withdrawal can be, it actually doesn't last all that long.

How long have you been on it?

Ive just started with the search for a phenibut taper. I go through about 100 grams in 7 to 10 days. I use to use a scale years ago this time I've been blindly taking an estimated 2 grams 3 or 4 times a day.

Ive only been on it a couple months. It helps a lot since i have been in recovery and works as a pretty non impairing drug for me... Ive gone through benzo withdrawal and am afraid because of the high dose also working on GABA-a and GHB receptor sites as well... Maybe thats why I needed the higher dose because GABA-b does nothing for anxiety.

I will have my 1200mg tid gabapentin on the 28th... I will actually need to use it right... I can also order (and i have been on baclofen off and on for years) baclofen offline... Do I need a GABA-a receptor agonist to taper? I would imagine a week of .5mg clonazepam BID and a few days once a day would beat it easy with my gabapentin on the side and for the end of a gaba-a taper.

My dr had me on baclofen we switched to cyclobenzaprine so I could use it daily and not suffer any withdrawals... Which i only told him the baclofen didn't work I never mentioned the withdrawal factor...

He is a general practitioner, I have no psychiatrist and am in a new area... Do I try to mention this phenibut to a dr that won't even know what it is and be in fear of him being pissed and not knowing what to do?

I told old doctors while in a methadone program years ago about phenibut and even kratom and they were uncertain about what it was until they looked it up... They were intrigued. My major was Neuropharmacology 12 years ago before I fucked up with felonies and this is one reason why I know all of this shit doctors do not... Plus bluelight... We are lucky to have this place... Been around ten years on here.

Should I take matters into my own hands and either do it on my own, plus regardless get a fucking scale like I used for this shit 7 years ago...? Regardless I would to wait and maybe continue using it for a while as I work 60 hour weeks and am in the process of moving... I don't know what I should really do.

What sucks is how long it takes to work... When you do overshoot the dose on accident it definitely is a goofy feeling...

Is F-phenibut a better alternative due to the faster onset?

Okay thanks...

I rarely post... Ever. Just really read...

From what I've heard, fluorophenibut is not as good, it's more intoxicating and less euphoric and lasts much shorter.

I've been physically dependent on phenibut a couple of times. The first time I was taking it every day for about a year, 3 grams or so per day, and had to cold turkey suddenly. The amount of anxiety I felt was very high, but 2 days into it I came upon some pregabalin (Lyrica) and found that if I took it every other day, it completely and utterly blocked the withdrawals. After a week and a half I stopped taking the pregabalin and I just had some occasional lingering residual anxiety. Gabapentin and lyrica and phenibut are all gabapentinoids, so they have cross-tolerance and work at most of the same receptor sites, which is why gabapentin and lyrica work well to mask phenibut withdrawal. However, if you go that route, make sure to not trade one habit for another.

The second time I got off phenibut, I was taking 2.5 grams every other day for a few years. I went down to 2 grams every other day for a bit, then went to 2 grams every third day... had some anxious days on the day I normally would have taken it for a bit but then I started feeling normal on those days. At that point I dropped to every 4th day for a few times and then stopped cold turkey. The withdrawal wasn't really that bad at that point. Basically I felt fine physically, and a lot of the time I felt fine mentally too, but it was really easy for me to fall into negative thought patterns or anxiety loops. I had to catch myself when I'd experience those and remind myself that I was just withdrawing from phenibut. Besides that symptom, sleep was quite difficult. I would be able to lay there comfortably, but I just couldn't shut off and sleep. I would eventually doze off and sleep very lightly and have really vivid dreams, which were pretty cool sometimes, but the lack of sleep was annoying. I would take a benzo to knock myself out every few days so I could get some full nights of sleep. It took 2 weeks to feel mostly normal and then I'd occasionally experience moments where it came back for another 2 weeks. All in all, it was pretty easy.

Did 2 to 3 grams a day for a coupme months and tapered off easy in just a couple days, It can be done.

Honestly man you aren't in too bad of shape. I was taking six grams a day for a while and tapering was impossible for me. I jumped off cold turkey from the phenibut and just used gabapentin. It pretty much stopped all withdrawal besides some depression and I could actually sleep. Have you tried that? Having gabapentin is a lifesaver man.

Hey wondering if you felt withdraw when you stopped taking gabapentin and how much gapapentin were you taking?