• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sub pills vs strips

Slimpug69

Greenlighter
So I?m constantly trying to get off and right now I am currently trying to get of IV dope. I?ve take many strips before, I was on a script for over a year. Currently I can only get my hands on the pills which I don?t like at all. When taking the strips it would totally wipe out my withdrawal symptoms and I would feel great but I?ve been taking the pills lately and it seems to hardly do anything, I still feel like shit and get bad cold sweats and muscle aches etc. on the strips I felt tired for about a day after the last Dope use but that was about it. Does anyone agree that strips work much better ?

It really shouldn't matter. Maybe your addiction has just progressed to a further degree this time around. Also, you're not swallowing the pills are you?? Try keeping them in your mouth for a full half-hour.

That could be true considering I?ve progressed from pills to snorting dope to IV use, but even when snorting dope it seemed 1-2 mg of the strip would do the job and now on 4mg of the pill it hardly makes a dent. I think they may not dissolve as well but I do keep on under the tongue for about 20 minutes I would say. Idk it just doesn?t seem to do the job like the strip does even though I?ve progressed in opiate use the math just doesn?t seem to work out. But you might be right.

when you say pill do you mean suboxone/naloxone pills? or subutex? subutex is pure buprenorphine that is what im on and in my opinion is so much better than suboxone strips/pills. ive been on both and subutex will take every symptom away automatically. they are sublingal also but i snort them and its 2x as effective than under the tounge as the ba is higher intranasal.

Definitely a good call by pickledlemons...make sure you let those pills dissolve completely under your tongue and then spit out whatever slime is left in your mouth (you can swallow it if you really want).

I suppose it's possible that a potentiator would help your situation. You might try sloshing either an ethanol-based mouthwash or a strongly alcoholic beverage in your mouth right before you put the buprenorphine under your tongue. There are other potentiation methods for bupe, but I've found this one to be very dependable.

Funny thing is that most people complain that the strips doesn't work as well as the pills.

I was in ORT for a year (12mg Suboxone) and we took strips when we had to dose supervised as it takes less time for strip to dissolve (few minutes vs. 10-15 minutes for pills) and we got pills for our take home doses as the pills are cheaper.

Anyway I never noticed any difference between either. Well I never noticed either if I missed a days dose so I might be some kind of a freak.

Really snorting works better? I always assumed the opposite, but I?m not sure the pill it?s orange circle and it starts with a 3 (can?t see the rest it?s broken

I?ve actually read you don?t want anything acidic before you take it because the acid blocks the absorption, so if you drink coffee or something before you should rinse good with water