• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questions about dihydrocodeine

skywalker22

Greenlighter
So I've been using codeine recreationally for a while now, 64x 8mg co-codamol cwe'd. Recently acquired some dihydrocodeine.
I'm aware that codeine has to be metabolised by cyp2d6, so most of the normal opioid potentiation methods don't work, I was wondering if this is the same for dihydrocodeine? I know its also metabolised by cyp2d6 into dihydromorphine, but I've read conflicting things - some sources say that DHC itself is responsible for the effects, whereas some say it needs to be metabolised to get an effect. Don't have much so want to get the most out of it.

Forget about the useless details the only thing u need to know is it's basically
Just as strong as codeine if not stronger it has no ceiling and is more energetic and generally much different high to codeine it is an opioid and not opiate of you want my advice stick to codeine and maybe do end 2 times a month or something cus dhc and loper mine will wreck your tolerance to codeine if you go stupid on them and then your options of getting high will be worse.

DHC is not a prodrug in the same sens that codeine is and is active byitself. The conversion to (dihydro)morphine is still metabolically dependent but don't count out (dh)codeine-6-glucuronide as it's as responsible for as much if not more than the dh-morphine.
The traditional potentiation methods should be worth exploring.

This might help for metabolism reference as DHC info can be a little a little vague:

"Dihydrocodeine: a new opioid substrate for the polymorphic CYP2D6 in humans."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7586928/
+
"Pharmacokinetics of dihydrocodeine and its active metabolite after single and multiple oral dosing"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2014322/

I’ve been combining DHC with codeine for a year now. It definitely changes the high, but lengthens it too. I don’t know much about potentiation, besides having an empty stomach, but if you have any questions just ask. I can’t talk the chemistry but I can talk from experience on dosing etc.