View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Chilling with Cid....Kinda

ThatAmazinChick

Greenlighter
So I've tripped with Cid like... allegally, three times before; and each time someone else has my trips go from everything was shits&giggles to fucking hell on Earth, and I've been told to stay away from tripping for a year after the third bad trip, and then i also have been told to just completely avoid it all together cause it will never be good or enjoyable, is this true that someone could possibly ruin this experience for themselves with just three effing times??

None of what you were told is correct, sounds like somebody doesnt know much about the topic. A bad trip, albeit random and unpredictable, can, for the most part, be avoided. Only take acid when you are feeling up to the journey. If you're going through a difficult time or have something that's been bothering you recently, it's not a great idea to take acid, it can really amplify your feelings of being paranoid or anxious/nervous. Also, next time you partake, make sure your set/settings good for the next twelve hours. You want to be in a comfortable set (your house or back yard, secluded wooded area, nature trail.) Also try and have just a few close friends, I find the more people you have to be aware of, the more difficult your time can be. A few trusted friends shouldn't be a problem, anymore and you can run the risk of situations arising or awkward interactions. Lastly, get a test kit if possible, ALWAYS test to make sure the product you're consuming is safe and indeed what it's been sold to you as. Using these three tips should eliminate alot of problems that can bring on the dreaded bad trip feeling. Hope all goes well for you in the future :D

There are so many competing narratives around LSD that it's difficult to know which one to select. In truth there's overlap and intersection. Even the most seasoned serious tripper will admit that it's a very powerful substance (if the dose is greater than threshold, but nowhere near a huge amount - or heroic dose as some call it). The fear or terror experienced during a difficult trip can be strongly imprinted. In which case the fear may be reactivated when the LSD begins to signal its presence. LSD is a great imprinting experience. On the other hand if you re-visit the experience in a reconstructive way (start low, very good set and setting) you can re-imprint the good feelings. I feel it's about being less cavalier. and being intelligent about it.

None of what you were told is correct, sounds like somebody doesnt know much about the topic. A bad trip, albeit random and unpredictable, can, for the most part, be avoided. Only take acid when you are feeling up to the journey. If you're going through a difficult time or have something that's been bothering you recently, it's not a great idea to take acid, it can really amplify your feelings of being paranoid or anxious/nervous. Also, next time you partake, make sure your set/settings good for the next twelve hours. You want to be in a comfortable set (your house or back yard, secluded wooded area, nature trail.) Also try and have just a few close friends, I find the more people you have to be aware of, the more difficult your time can be. A few trusted friends shouldn't be a problem, anymore and you can run the risk of situations arising or awkward interactions. Lastly, get a test kit if possible, ALWAYS test to make sure the product you're consuming is safe and indeed what it's been sold to you as. Using these three tips should eliminate alot of problems that can bring on the dreaded bad trip feeling. Hope all goes well for you in the future :D

Okay, thank you very much for the tips! :) If there is a next time, hopefully everything goes completely smooth for me for once. Thanks again for your time.

So I've tripped with Cid like... allegally, three times before; and each time someone else has my trips go from everything was shits&giggles to fucking hell on Earth, and I've been told to stay away from tripping for a year after the third bad trip, and then i also have been told to just completely avoid it all together cause it will never be good or enjoyable, is this true that someone could possibly ruin this experience for themselves with just three effing times??

If I had no patience for you and your personality conflicts, and way of tripping both stoned and straight, then I would say this.

There might be something that you do that makes trouble for yourself. maybe that is a problem for your friend as well.

We are all trouble makers in some way or another. But that said, if you are interested in finding a way that does not make trouble, (for yourself or others) then do not give up patience with your self even if your friend has done so.

LSD and other psychedelics can help to resolve patterns in what you do. This is for you to perceive and work with, not really anyone else's business.

It's not all a bed of roses, some thorns are definitely in the mix.