View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms vs Ketamine for thought provoking states

GordanMilky

Bluelighter
I feel I don't get the same therapeutic effects other people get from psilocybin. Two months ago my girlfriend and I did 3.5 and 4 grams respectively and she seemed to be in a deep internal state the entire trip with a really obvious facial expression of extreme, confused thinking. She ended up making some personal life realizations and sorted out some past experiences; the trip seemed to really help her in a positive way. Nothing of the sort happened to me so I did 6 grams by myself a month later and while the trip was visually beautiful, I can't say I experienced anything that profoundly impacted my life. As well the next day I felt like my spirit was significantly dampened and I couldn't do anything productive, which I dont get to that extent on other drugs. I've heard stories of people like Alan Watts who would take massive doses of shrooms in pure darkness in order to induce provoking thoughts. I can't figure out why while on shrooms my mind seems to be in a state of blankness. I want to have deep thoughts, journal and come up with realizations that can benefit my life but nothing gets dug up. I felt I created a negative opinion about my brain's capabilities due to these experiences. It felt like this drug can help other people but I have been forgotten about.

That was until a week ago when I insufflated a decent amount of ketamine 3 separate times. The night ended up being extremely beneficial to my personality as I had extreme profound thoughts about my life and where I want to go, what type of person I want to be and ways to get over negative emotions. It wasn't just simple , intermittent thoughts like "That tree is so beautiful" I get on shrooms. It was a full internal dialogue about my life, my very being and the nature of the universe. My brain felt like a receptive antenna to a conscious energy of the universe. I wasn't able to write anything down but every thought had a profound meaning to me and I definitely came out of the night a better person and this has carried over into my week.

Does anyone else feel like shrooms, which has a very clear therapeutic value to many people does not help you? Ketamine seems to be that healing substance for me. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Tbh I tend to find both shrooms and K far too confusing to have any clearly defined life realisations. That said after K I do feel like I have sorted out and cleaned up my mind, just no in any way I could explain. For thought provoking states and truly deep and understandable realisations I find LSD is the king of that domain.

I've never done ketamine, but I can vouch for shrooms causing deep realizations about myself, and sorting out past experiences. I moved around a lot from 6th grade up to sophomore year of high school, and during my first trip (senior year hs, 3.5g alone) I began pondering my past, and realized that my personality changed drastically with each new school, and I got really scared that I didn't know who I actually was, or had lost touch of my original self years ago. It sent me into a negative thought loop that almost spiraled into ego death until I realized that my core values have always remained, and I deliberately and repeatedly changed the way I carried myself in successful attempts to improve my social image. I then realized that I was thankful for the opportunity to start fresh so many times, and that I now have this helpful ability to change my image drastically on command without affecting my inner self. I have essentially become extremely socially adaptable, a skill that I was not actively aware of until that trip. The knowledge I gained from that realization caused me to be happy about my past and use this ability at will to help myself get further in life and become friends with all sorts of people under all sorts of different scenarios (professional, casual, relaxed, hyped).

That trip quite literally changed my life and I've had numerous other realizations from shrooms, but none as deep from acid (the only other psych I've tried).