• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

It is possible to use mostly weed, if you've used several different drugs?

N

not_registered

And often mixed them with weed. I've been sober for almost five months, but I'm not sure it's all that great. Sure it nice not to be on the brink of delirium from excessive drinking or being mentally wrecked for days from heavy MDMA trip or from speed, but it's also boring to be always sober. This is not an advertisement for weed; I don't think it's harmless and it's probably more harmful than many claim, but it's certainly less harmful than ethanol, stimulants or opiates. Problem is I mainly used it as a boost for other drugs, most often to alcohol, but also to MDMA when it's effect started to diminish. I also tried it with opiates few times. Having used it as a boost to other drugs should probably tell me it's not a good idea to try use only it only/mainly, but back them I wasn't off from other drugs, I was using those anyway. I'm just thinking that could it work now that I've been totally clean for months? I know the delirious ethanol withdrawal with lucid nightmares, sweating and cramps and I don't want those back, so maybe that knowledge could be enough to stick to weed mostly? Even if I slip to something else occasionally, maybe it would prevent other drugs to become daily routine again?

I'm not even sure I want to use stims again. Stims are very hard to your psyche and older you get, etc etc. I would still like to drink occasionally, but not long binges that last multiple days, weeks or even months. Cannabis is a good hangover cure, so maybe there wouldn't be a need to drink it away. Of course the danger is I start to mix them again until I ran out of weed and then it's daily drinking again until I get more weed. And then other drugs probably do a comeback.

I'm not very convinced I can remain clean on my own anyway. I've only been able to remain clean because I went to a rehab and then moved to live in a support community, which is completely drug free (discounting few slip-ups from from few other residents). Drugs are prohibited here and also outside of the area if you live here. I'll still be here for months and I can probably stay clean all that time. There is time to sufficiently detox psychologically as much as it is possible. So by the time I leave, I've been clean for a long time, which makes me think that by then it might be possible use mostly weed and not much else, preferably nothing else.

I know this a typical drug addict talk (bs?), maybe just wistful thinking, but I don't think the addiction itself is the problem. Problem are the drugs with all those harmful side effects. Weed has it harms, but if I could mostly stick to it, and not abuse other drugs, I think the trade-off wouldn't be that bad.

Has anyone managed this from a similar situation? Better to ask this here anonymously, because I know the answer I get from the clinic I visit. Not saying that answer is wrong, though.

Well most of the time I used to use stimulants I used to smoke some pot to mellow out the comedown and sometimes even right when I took stimulants and I have used pot to boost psychedelics, opiates, benzos and Lyrica as well as when MDMA has started to wore off and now when I have cut down my drug use in a way that I just use MDMA and psychedelics once in a month or so I still have managed to use cannabis weekly without it causing cravings for other drugs.

I think it is possible and many people who whom I know who have quit other drugs but still use cannabis say that smoking pot causes their cravings to diminish.

I don't believe in a theory that cannabis is a gateway drug and if cannabis use doesn't cause any harm on it's own I believe it is possibly to just use cannabis without it leading to other drug use if there are no need to use other drugs.

It isn't a miraculous drug to abstain from other drugs either but has it means for that too.