• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Plan on getting 1g hash oil/THC cart.

Speed King

Bluelighter
I have only had one real oil pen. Naturally I didn?t know how big the cart was. I went on the company web site. I believe it was 75% thc oil.

I have a chance to get a 1g cart. I currently don?t know the potency,.

My question is worst case, what could I be looking at afa potency.

The last pen which may have been 75% was the best. I fell asleep plenty of times with that pen.

I could wait and ask, but I?m excited.

I do know it is a gram.

Even a 75% cart should last a while.

Any extra info would help

I've seen carts that say percentages from ~50%-~90%, but I think most commonly range from like 65-75% and anything much higher I tend to roll my eyes at.

As for the amount of product in the cart, I would bet they are a little more than labelled. I've filled half gram carts for smaller companies before and they tell you to fill a little over because the product isn't very expensive.

Before you buy it I would make sure the coil works and that there is airflow in the cart. Sometimes if they fill the cart too much and an air bubble forms the oil will be pushed past the atomizer and into the airway clogging it and making it difficult to use and messy.

I mainly just get vape carts and distillate from my dispensary. The main type of carts I get are label as 600mgs thc(the other bit being mct oil and the naturally occurring terpenes with the total weight being 1 gram making it 60%of coarse. They have a different type of vape cart there too which are 90% thc, cbd, cbg, ect and contain 800mgs thc. Both work really great for me. I don't mind the lesss potent ones since it makes it easier to titrate my dose and not waste it.

Been getting 9lb hammer vape carts allot that strain really works great for sleep and pain.

I?ll go for it. Even 50% is plenty. No more worries . As soon as I taste, I?ll post back.

It is IMO retail AF. Hopefully it reflects on potency.

The variations in quality are huge, like others have mentioned. One thing you can bank on is that every cart is "watered-down" to some degree. I personally know people who produce distillate that tests at 95%+ THC, but the distillate is so viscous that you would not be able to hit it without heating the oil first, so it is cut with terpenes at a ratio of 90:10 distillate to terps. The oil is still fairly viscous but fluid enough to flow into the cart.

Seems less common today, but there are companies out there that use things like propylene glycol to cut their distillate at a much higher rate than 90:10, which is why you have some distillate carts testing at lower than 50% THC.

A good rule of thumb is to turn the carts upside-down and watch how fast the little bubbles travel from top to bottom. If the bubble flows very quickly(less than 10 sec)- chances are it is heavily cut. Little to no flow- more pure.