• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone dose

illwill0481

Greenlighter
Hello, I am new here. I recently joined a methadone clinic in order to kick heroin. I was using about an 8 ball a day of heroin. The clinic started me with 20mg and takes me up 5mg a day. I am now at 45 and while it does help tremendously with the withdraws I want to feel more from it. I guess my question is will I ever be able to achieve the feeling I want at all? What does would produce a euphoria feeling and if I get to that dose will it matter since I have gotten to it slowly in 5mg increments a day. I recall a friend of mine went to a methadone clinic years ago and he would come home pretty lit, nodding and itching, the whole nine yards. I want to feel some what of a "buzz" from it as too get the cravings and urges at bay.

Well I've done several searches and didnt find the info I'm looking for. No one seems to want to answer this post. What am I doing wrong?

Why not just slowly sip it with some sprite to wash it down, I don't do methadone so don't really have anything mate sorry I'm sure someone will come along with what your looking for it I was you though I would be careful how you phase your questions like instead of saying I want a buzz say it's more for harm reduction purposes I'm telling u this cus I've had over 5 threads shut down because I used the word 'buzz' it's stupid and the mods are harsh but it is what it is.

You might. I'm on methadone currently and before that I had a pretty significant heroin habit. Given the variation in quality, it's hard to say how our habits would compare. I wouldn't have noticed 45mg much either. You might once you get into the 60-70mg range but in it's hard to say. But if you're going up 5mg every day that say hold be faster than your tolerance increases. You should notice something pretty soon. Eventually you'll reach a point where you feel it and shouldn't feel cravings.

At least they're increasing your dose fairly quickly. I've found in my experience all methadone clinics have a set standard that both varies wildly and is always claimed to be both universal and exceptionally dangerous to deviate from. For a long time mine was worth less because they'd only increase me by 5mg every 3 or sometimes 4 days. So at least yours is much more sensible than that.

I've been on methadone about 6 months, I've been stable on 110mg for about 4 months. For me I've never been nodding off my dose, even if I double up. You can get some classic opiate effects, but they're subtle. Do you know what dose they're planning on getting you up to, because you'll need to go much higher to get the feeling your looking for?

Give it some time and let your body adjust to the methadone, I don't think it'll ever feel as good as H but I've learned to quite like it, just try not to expect too much.

Not like heroin no! But when you get up high enough you will feel good! At least for a majority of the day.. but it's not gonna be like heroin.. but I'm at 140 a day and sometimes I nod out.. really just depends on what your looking for. But in reality methadone is definitely not the best drug if your looking to get "high" hope this helps

Thanx so much for the replies guys. I am at 80mgs now and they increase me by 10mgs a day now. I do feel better now at this dosage and I will increase a little more. But I think I am almost where I'd like to be. Thanx again.

Yes , I'm glad mine is more sensible lol. Thank you for your insight. I really appreciate it. I am on 80mgs now. And I feel it. Not great, but getting better. I will go up to 90 tomorrow. So for anyone out there like me. There is hope haha