• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vote NO on H.R. 2851! Protect Kratom!!

Let's say Kratom stays legal in California. If a guy from CA buys from a shop in CA (let's say even the Kratom gets grown in CA, so it never leaves the state), what can the federal government do about it ? I can see, why California wants to be a separate country. I'd appreciate the reduction of federal power in any case. So the people could theoretically choose their state by the state laws. In the end it is called the United (vastly independent?!) States and not the Communist State of America ...

Let's say Kratom stays legal in California. If a guy from CA buys from a shop in CA (let's say even the Kratom gets grown in CA, so it never leaves the state), what can the federal government do about it ? I can see, why California wants to be a separate country. I'd appreciate the reduction of federal power in any case. So the people could theoretically choose their state by the state laws. In the end it is called the United (vastly independent?!) States and not the Communist State of America ...

I believe the Feds (DEA im guessing) can still seize the product and arrest the sellers. *Im guessing*

I have to agree with you. I never bought into all the Kratom ?nonsense? until I hit a wall and ran out of opiates last Wednesday morning. I?ve successfully not taken any opioids since that time by using Kratom capsules. I had the ability to score additional oxy?s Friday, but passed it up.

I am not ?high? and haven?t achieved that. I am comfortable. I have no withdrawal symptoms. The pain relief I?m getting for my herniated discs is comparable to an opioid. I?m not looking back. This seems safer than what I was doing and my body is responding well.

For complete context, my addiction had grown to 120-160 milligrams of some variation of Hydro and Oxy per day. Kratom is a miracle.

Sure, it's addictive, but it's not nearly as addictive as prescription opiates or benzos and those are at least available for prescription and I honestly think Kratom is good enough medicine that it could be prescribed as well.

It really doesn't matter though, it's IMO about a person's right to choose what they put in their body, even stuff as dangerous as Heroin, Meth, etc, as long as they aren't driving a car and are adults, IMO it should actually be a constitutional right that they should be allowed to put into their body what they want.

What I can't understand, and what shows the larger agenda at work, is why the FDA's wanting to regulate it is somehow being equated by the DEA as a good chance to make it schedule one.

I mean what the fuck?

Yes, PLEASE regulate it to make sure it's pure Kratom without salmonella or whatever else, but then just leave us alone and let us take it!!!

The thought that MAYBE if these assholes get their way they will be able to literally stop me from using something I like and find beneficial and throw me in prison for it makes my blood boil and makes me want to lose my shit if I spend too much time thinking about it.

Hopefully I can **cough cough** "prepare" ahead of time if they do, or maybe, just maybe, we'll all get lucky and it wont be banned.

The best I can hope for, is that even if they do, it'll be a while.

But also, IF they ban it, big pharma would be wasting TONS of money not to patent it and make a GREAT prescription drug out of it, so maybe that will happen, then it will end up on the black market like all enjoyable prescription drugs, and even more people will use it than when it was legal!!

That really wouldn't surprise me.

I did it! and Mycophile, of course it has to do with a higher agenda. They are trying to massively control prescription opiates..They are trying to ban kratom. All of this will push people back to heroin or street drugs. Wanna know why? The CIA is exporting Heroin out of Afghanistan and all of these prescription opiates and kratom are cutting into their profits. They have to ban everything thats any sort of competition. They couldnt care less about peoples lives. Its all about $$$$$

don't forget the profits of GEO for profit prison lobby, they will now get to jail people swithcing to heroin for longer times thanks to madatory minimums by our friend sessions. They want everyone on this heroin so that they can cage them and profit from it.

evil at its highest level. this GEO group is the most evil destructive entity right now by far

we don't know if the relatively few people who have died with Kratom in their system didn't have prior condition
Look guys, ain't nobody EVER gonna OD from a few teaspoons of kratom. And that's a huge dose. I usually do 2 or 3. Isn't this bill aimed at synthetics? Kratom is a straight up plant.

Look guys, ain't nobody EVER gonna OD from a few teaspoons of kratom. And that's a huge dose. I usually do 2 or 3. Isn't this bill aimed at synthetics? Kratom is a straight up plant.

You know I agree with you right?

I've taken as much as 18 grams in a single dose and close to 2 ounces in a single day.

I truly believe that Kratom can't kill anyone unless they have a prior condition like a heart condition or whatever.

However, it is addictive.

Updates I’m getting from my vendor is that the bill passed as of Friday. Now they are hoping to amend it to exclude natural botanicals and plants. This might be getting serious.

Updates I’m getting from my vendor is that the bill passed as of Friday. Now they are hoping to amend it to exclude natural botanicals and plants. This might be getting serious.

Just bought like 5 pounds of the kratom. Hopefully that will last me a long time! Id rather not get back the needle...

But id rather kratom not get banned...

Updates I?m getting from my vendor is that the bill passed as of Friday. Now they are hoping to amend it to exclude natural botanicals and plants. This might be getting serious.

WHAT??!!

This bill couldn't have fucking passed already.

What like you think Kratom is already illegal?

In all states or one?

I don't think that's true.

I won't believe it till I see it for real.

I just talked to my vendor and he said he hasn't heard anything about it being illegal yet anywhere (not including those 5 fucked up states of course...)

I think we all need to calm down.

I don't think your vendor was intentionally spreading misinformation, but I think he's wrong.

Last edited:
I just talked to my vendor and he said he hasn't heard anything about it being illegal yet anywhere (not including those 5 fucked up states of course...)

I think we all need to calm down.

I don't think your vendor was intentionally spreading misinformation, but I think he's wrong.

Nothing is illegal yet. The bill that passed is so broad that it can include natural botanicals and plants. Kratom has not been specifically banned as of now. They are asking for kratom supporters to contact representatives in order to amend the bill that passed to EXCLUDE natural botanicals and plants. Due to the broad wording, kratom could be inadvertently including in the opioid synthetic analogue umbrella. I?ll try to post the link.

I can?t do the link without including the vendor info so I copied a notice from the AKA which is as follows:

Protect Access by American Consumers
to Natural Botanical Plants and Herbs

The U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 6 on Friday that combined 58 different bills that attempt to end the scourge of the opioid epidemic in America.

The sponsors of H.R. 6 in the House admit it?s not perfect, and they are dead right on that point.

In the rush to show how serious the Congress is in addressing the opioid crisis prior to the mid-term elections, several of these 58 bills contain provisions that will actually deny Americans access to safe natural plants and herbs that help Americans manage their health and well-being.

I am asking you to contact your U.S Senators immediately and ask them to support amendments to these proposed bills to exclude natural botanical plants and herbs from the wide swath of substances presently included in many of those bills.

Two of those bills, the SITSA Act (Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogues Act of 2017), and the SCREEN Act (Stop Counterfeit Drugs by Regulating and Enhancing Enforcement Now) both attempt to stop deadly synthetic opioids from being shipped into the United States from other countries.

But both of these bills contain such broad definitions of the substances covered under the proposed legislation they will actually ban natural botanical plants and herbs.

It is critical that the Senate support amendments to exclude natural botanical plants and herbs.

Your Senators need to hear from you immediately!

If you don't know your Senator's contact information, please click HERE or call the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Millions of Americans safely and responsibly use natural alternatives to dangerously addictive and often deadly chemically formulated drugs, including opioids, and these bills will literally block consumer access to safe natural plants and herbs.

On Monday, please call your Senators and ask them to support every amendment that exempts natural botanical plants and herbs ? that are in no way synthetic analogues of an opioid ? and protect the right of consumers to have access to safe alternative products to manage their own health needs.

The Senate needs to support the amendments to SITSA and SCREEN to exclude natural botanical plants and herbs.

Sorry, not going to sign this pointless petition.

The people say kratom is no worse than coffee, tea, alcohol in moderation, or cannabis/hash are absolutely hilarious. Talk about complete denial. I am certainly for some quality-control regulation, because currently there is absolutely none. Honestly, who knows what kind of shit some vendors add to their Kratom products, or what their quality control standards are, which are most likely extremely low as these are 3rd-4th world countries that literally are shitholes that most people who are from them either leave when and if they can, or would love to leave as there's that much poverty and a low standard of living like Thailand, and other Southeast Asian countries. It's the wild wild west right now, with Kratom, and the deceptive marketing and ignorant misinformation that is so common over the net about Kratom is making things a lot worse. Also the short and long term effects of Kratom and dangerous interactions with other drugs and Kratom, and LD50 are unknown, and people have died from Kratom.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5810870/

I really don't think you know what the hell you are talking about, nothing in your post can be substantiated, you might as well be making it all up, and you seem to harbor a seriously xenophobic worldview which is influencing your conclusions.

Why would kratom be singled out from everything other herbal supplement? Why is it different from every other natural product imported from SE Asia?

Nothing is illegal yet. The bill that passed is so broad that it can include natural botanicals and plants. Kratom has not been specifically banned as of now. They are asking for kratom supporters to contact representatives in order to amend the bill that passed to EXCLUDE natural botanicals and plants. Due to the broad wording, kratom could be inadvertently including in the opioid synthetic analogue umbrella. I?ll try to post the link.

I can?t do the link without including the vendor info so I copied a notice from the AKA which is as follows:

Protect Access by American Consumers
to Natural Botanical Plants and Herbs

The U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 6 on Friday that combined 58 different bills that attempt to end the scourge of the opioid epidemic in America.

The sponsors of H.R. 6 in the House admit it?s not perfect, and they are dead right on that point.

In the rush to show how serious the Congress is in addressing the opioid crisis prior to the mid-term elections, several of these 58 bills contain provisions that will actually deny Americans access to safe natural plants and herbs that help Americans manage their health and well-being.

I am asking you to contact your U.S Senators immediately and ask them to support amendments to these proposed bills to exclude natural botanical plants and herbs from the wide swath of substances presently included in many of those bills.

Two of those bills, the SITSA Act (Stop the Importation and Trafficking of Synthetic Analogues Act of 2017), and the SCREEN Act (Stop Counterfeit Drugs by Regulating and Enhancing Enforcement Now) both attempt to stop deadly synthetic opioids from being shipped into the United States from other countries.

But both of these bills contain such broad definitions of the substances covered under the proposed legislation they will actually ban natural botanical plants and herbs.

It is critical that the Senate support amendments to exclude natural botanical plants and herbs.

Your Senators need to hear from you immediately!

If you don't know your Senator's contact information, please click HERE or call the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121.

Millions of Americans safely and responsibly use natural alternatives to dangerously addictive and often deadly chemically formulated drugs, including opioids, and these bills will literally block consumer access to safe natural plants and herbs.

On Monday, please call your Senators and ask them to support every amendment that exempts natural botanical plants and herbs ? that are in no way synthetic analogues of an opioid ? and protect the right of consumers to have access to safe alternative products to manage their own health needs.

The Senate needs to support the amendments to SITSA and SCREEN to exclude natural botanical plants and herbs.

Ok, so I've been reading the emails and all that, and so now what I'm wondering is how long I'd have to make these calls?

I know sooner is better, but for reasons I'm not getting into, I doubt I can do it within the next 2-3 days lol....so if I make these calls next week or whatever (not on July 4th) is that too late for it to count?

Read this guy from Reddit's post.

I love our forum, but it seems over there there have been some very good and informed posts.

Read this and see what you think:

First things first, calm down. There's no guarantee that the SITSA Act will be used to make kratom a schedule A substance even if it is not amended. Look into the Analogue Act which has been in effect since the late 2000's. It has the exact same wording as SITSA, minus increased minimum sentencing. If kratom were truly an analogue under that act and it's expansion, SITSA, it would already be illegal. The proposed amendment is more of a failsafe.
SCREEN does not make kratom illegal, it gives the FDA the power to seize and destroy substances from the mail as they see fit. If it passes unamended, we may see the FDA seizing and destroying kratom from the US mail, but kratom will not be illegal.

So if it could be seized from the mail, we would all have to buy locally? Or risk having it confiscated? Ughhhhh.

So if it could be seized from the mail, we would all have to buy locally? Or risk having it confiscated? Ughhhhh.

Focus on his wording: "If it passes unamended, we may see"

No, you could still buy it in the mail, but SOMETIMES it MIGHT be seized, and you MIGHT lose money trying to buy it, but no one would be arrested, while other times you might get it with no problems and never have your product seized, and that isn't even the case now. I think his point is that that's still not happening now number one, and number two, that the analogue act of the early 2000s was nearly identical and did NOT lead to Kratom or all the RCs becoming illegal.

Maybe this one could, maybe not, but I think all us enthusiasts are very prone to fear mongering and jumping to conclusions any new bill is proposed and from what VERY little I understand maybe we shouldn't be.

I mean in a way the AKA's "URGENT" emails may be getting us more worried, but they are the only one's we can't blame cause just cause it MIGHT not happen doesn't mean they shouldn't try to treat it as a serious issue and get every call in they can because it's very important we make Kratom as well known to the public as possible to keep it legal.

I mean the one reason really we have the most to fear (other than the "opioid epidemic") is that unlike Marijuanna, Kratom doesn't have a lot of people to fight for it.

If you go watch Hamilton Morris's podcast with Joe Rogan I posted in Drug Culture from earlier, that's one thing he brings up as the issue to why SO many drugs which SO few people know about are scheduled aside from the common ones: that no one was there to speak up for the drug's potential and the government wanted them illegal and had no barrier so they just made them illegal and that's it.

That's what pisses me off, that I don't really love weed all that much, but EVERYONE knows what it is and it's gonna be available no matter what.

But Kratom is relatively unknown so it's our duty who DO know it's potential to tell as many people as possible THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT before they first hear about its "dangers" on the news or some stupid sensational article talking about all the horrible deaths it "has/HASN'T" caused.

So yeah...we have reason to call, we have reason to inform others, but I don't know that we have reason to be concerned it will be banned within the next year.

It's all unknown, I won't say I'm not concerned cause I am, but it's NOT illegal in 45 states right now, and we need to call and make it stay that way.

I'd also suggest giving just $3 a month to Change.org which is what I do and they fight to keep it legal.

^Well said. I’m sure the AKA is trying to be proactive instead of reactive concerning all this. It’s smart and makes sense.

Focus on his wording: "If it passes unamended, we may see"

No, you could still buy it in the mail, but SOMETIMES it MIGHT be seized, and you MIGHT lose money trying to buy it, but no one would be arrested, while other times you might get it with no problems and never have your product seized, and that isn't even the case now. I think his point is that that's still not happening now number one, and number two, that the analogue act of the early 2000s was nearly identical and did NOT lead to Kratom or all the RCs becoming illegal.

Maybe this one could, maybe not, but I think all us enthusiasts are very prone to fear mongering and jumping to conclusions any new bill is proposed and from what VERY little I understand maybe we shouldn't be.

I mean in a way the AKA's "URGENT" emails may be getting us more worried, but they are the only one's we can't blame cause just cause it MIGHT not happen doesn't mean they shouldn't try to treat it as a serious issue and get every call in they can because it's very important we make Kratom as well known to the public as possible to keep it legal.

I mean the one reason really we have the most to fear (other than the "opioid epidemic") is that unlike Marijuanna, Kratom doesn't have a lot of people to fight for it.

If you go watch Hamilton Morris's podcast with Joe Rogan I posted in Drug Culture from earlier, that's one thing he brings up as the issue to why SO many drugs which SO few people know about are scheduled aside from the common ones: that no one was there to speak up for the drug's potential and the government wanted them illegal and had no barrier so they just made them illegal and that's it.

That's what pisses me off, that I don't really love weed all that much, but EVERYONE knows what it is and it's gonna be available no matter what.

But Kratom is relatively unknown so it's our duty who DO know it's potential to tell as many people as possible THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT before they first hear about its "dangers" on the news or some stupid sensational article talking about all the horrible deaths it "has/HASN'T" caused.

So yeah...we have reason to call, we have reason to inform others, but I don't know that we have reason to be concerned it will be banned within the next year.

It's all unknown, I won't say I'm not concerned cause I am, but it's NOT illegal in 45 states right now, and we need to call and make it stay that way.

I'd also suggest giving just $3 a month to Change.org which is what I do and they fight to keep it legal.
Interesting! But im also worried about it not being "well known" either.. I tried talking to my people at work about it, and they had no idea what it was.