• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help: is this normal?

Scogar

Greenlighter
I'm sorry for the long post, I'm not sure where else to turn, I've spent hours trying to research this.

So I went to regular weed supplier who had some fake diazepam, I've dabbled with this in the past, been through withdrawal about 5 years ago.

After taking the fake diazepam, common sense went out the window, I sought out some lyrica/pregablin. Most were legit, one fake batch, shared with friends (but I took the most) alongside the fake diazepam. I took too much and didn't know it. I also took small amounts of dehydrocontin but not much, I believe I took these on their own not with the diaz/lyrica.

This happened over the course of 3-4 weeks. First week only the fake diazepam. Then I binged the lyrica over about 15 days, large amounts, 3000mg over 12 hour periods (at a guess, I don't remember much.) Initially mixing the lyrica with the fake diazepam, for the last week I believe it was lyrica only.

I passed out more than once, once with vomit over my face. I finally called it a day when I noticed my right hand was completely numb (I was wearing a watch but it still scared me.)

I stopped everything. I got the classic lyrica withdrawal but without any pain, extremely sick (without painful stomach cramps), weight loss, pale skin, extreme anxiety, proper insomnia.

About a week into this, I noticed parts of my body went numb (parts of my leg, face etc.) I also had low B12 but likely as a result of the abuse.

It's been 8 weeks now and most of the numbness has returned however I still feel no pain in my stomach (on the skin yes but internally no.)

I also have problems breathing, I can breath with my gut fine but I feel less urgency to breath in general and struggle with my chest.

I feel as if internal pain is slowly returning but not with the stomach, I do feel hunger etc but no actual pain.

My current physical symptoms are:
-reduction in internal pain (ie. teeth, tongue was numb but appears to be returning.)
-breathlessness/less urgency to breath (I can hold my breath and feel less panic to gasp for a breath. I feel like I control the breathing now, one doc said lyrica can temporarily disable the involuntary chest muscles but I can't find any info online to back this up.)
-feel my heart beating intensely at times throughout the day (blood pressure is fine every time the doc has checked)
-tinnitus in left ear
-throat sounds coarse/feels a bit rough and has done for 5 weeks
-parts of body still feel a bit numb (sternum rub barely makes me flinch, below belly button I can pinch without a sharp pain, it feels like it's slowly returning.)
-stomach doesn't feel right
-lack of energy, always yawning (may be related to breathing)
-demineralization of teeth (2x dentists believe this was a problem before all of this, I was honest with them too.)
-spot outbreaks on scalp (unsure if related, or due to detoxing from everything.)

My current mental symptoms are:
-insomnia (was initially waking up in sweats every night but no longer, I don't sleep as well now but better than I was in the first 2 weeks.)
-dulled emotion
-constant state of alert/anxiety (which doesn't feel the same, I had extreme anxiety the first week and now it just feels weird, may be related to the dulled emotion or the breathing.)

What I've done:
-I've seen at least 5 different doctors, including a neurologist, all who put this down to lyrica withdrawal and suspect no permanent damage. The neurologist tested my nerves and said no damage. I gave the full details including the excessive amounts I consumed.
-Blood tests came back fine including kidney/liver function
-B12 injections due to it being so low
-This online blood test a few days ago, all came back within range bar the B12 which is expected to be high due to the loading dose/injections I received.) https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/baseline-plus/
-Drank 1.5/2litres of water per day, eating proper meals including a healthy breakfast
-Ceased all cannabis consumption (daily smoker for years)
-Ceased caffeine consumption (drank 4-6tins of coke a day for years)

What I don't understand and can find no relation to lyrica withdrawal was/is the reduction in pain and the "numb stomach". I do get pains in parts of my body so I'm not sure if this is also returning to normal. None of the doctors seem concerned that I consumed fake diazepam and fake lyrica (most were legit but one fake batch of lyrica - friends also took these but lesser amounts and after everything they just had a rough few days nothing else.)

I know I'm an idiot, I had a relatively good life before this. I've only ever dabbled with small amounts of lyrica over the past few months and was well aware of the dangers, the initial fake diazepam seemed to skew my judgements which scares me in itself.

I'm at the end of my tether, does anyone have any experience/opinions? All very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Im not a doctor, but i do have some extensive medical training (rather not say my job), but from what you said it does sounds like Lyrica withdrawal. When you say numbness, what do you mean? You're stomach isnt hurting after eating? When you palpate your abdomen, you cant feel it?

i would keep in touch with your doctor. 3,000 mg of Lyrica over 12 hours? I'm not a virgin, but that is not good at all for your body and it's a waste. very high doses of Lyrica can cause seizures.

i'm not sure that the cannabis is harmful per se, but I would eat food to help your brain. Also, Lyrica works on nerves. i'm not a doctor, but that cannot help your nervous system.

Eat well, take vitamins and unless you know there is a connection, a little herb shouldn't hurt.

Im not a doctor, but i do have some extensive medical training (rather not say my job), but from what you said it does sounds like Lyrica withdrawal. When you say numbness, what do you mean? You're stomach isnt hurting after eating? When you palpate your abdomen, you cant feel it?

Thanks for your reply.

I can feel my stomach to touch, I don?t really feel butterflies or g-force is what I mean (ie. when someone accelerates the car fast or stops suddenly.)

I still feel hunger and currently a bit sick with hunger (I?d normally feel this way when extremely hungry, I?m just awake.)

Last edited: